• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Any one else hoping for this game to have 2 regions?

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
  • I think it'd be cool if you could go to another region like in Heartgold/Soulsilver. Getting 16 badges was fun and it was extra incentive to keep leveling your Pokemon and training, unlike in recent titles where you have a small unexplored area with high leveled trainers that you breeze by and a super difficult Elite Four. I'd personally like to see this, but would anyone else? And if so, what region? I'd say Kanto, but they did that in Heartgold/Soulsilver. If not Kanto, Hoenn would be cool as we didn't get a Gen 3 remake last generation, and I think it'd be like killing two birds with one stone.

Years
  • I doubt that it will have two regions, but I would hope it does. Hoenn forsure would be awesome to go back to but I don't see gamefreak doing it yet. 3D hoenn would be awesome tho.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hoping? Maaaybe, thinking it will? Doubtful. Johto borderlines Kanto and therefore was eligible to travel from one region to another due to the shortness in distance, Kalos is on a completely different continent to any of the other past regions so unless they provide us with yet another new region then I doubt it.

Alexial

Let it just be Kalos, please. The region looks big enough to fit Kanto snuggly in there, so I don't see a reason for another region to exist besides this one. .__.;

I agree. I would like the game itself to be longer, but I don't think playing two individual regions is necessary.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • One region is more than enough for me, but now that you mention it I'd enjoy a gen 4 remake featuring Hoenn + Sinnoh (though heck knows if that's logistically a good idea). Would be a cool tradition to do a remake with two regions every two generations.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Hoping? Maaaybe, thinking it will? Doubtful. Johto borderlines Kanto and therefore was eligible to travel from one region to another due to the shortness in distance, Kalos is on a completely different continent to any of the other past regions so unless they provide us with yet another new region then I doubt it.

Well, they talked about Planes in Generation 5, maybe Kalos is near another region.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Kanto seems big enough. Plus, it takes A LOT more resources to make a region with the new 3D graphics, so if they make another region, they will release it in another game.
    Well, I don't say that I wouldn't like it if there were more regions in X&Y. In fact, I think that all of us would love it.
    So you can hope for 2 regions in X&Y, but you shouldn't, because it won't happen.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I don't think this will have two regions. They might be two different islands however, but as this is based on France it's very unlikely.

Years
  • I think this is unlikely, given how Kalos is split into three sections - Central Kalos, Mountain Kalos and Coastal Kalos.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    That'd just be a cheap way of getting extra content. I don't want to see something recycled in some pathetic attempt at making the game longer. If they're going to re-use a region, it deserves a game of its own.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I think Johto having 2 regions created a difficult precedent to live up to in future generations. Given that the new pokemon games are no longer neighbors to one another in Japan, but now representing their own nations (USA and France), this seems even less likely.

In GSC, we got to learn about the aftermath of RBY. In BW2, we got to learn about the aftermath of BW1. I feel as though "third versions" being sequels is a better way of exploring the question of what happened years later.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • NO!
    They wont bother making another region in 3D for free.
    As a DLC?Probably but expect something like Unova not something we dont know.
    But if they bother to make a Unova DLC dont expect it to be cheap.Prepare for a price similar to the actual game.
    I still dont care whether they do Unova or not because it is my least favourite region.

Years
  • I'm not. For one, we haven't seen a game with double regions since Generation II (alongside its remakes), and it'd make the game much more of a pain to fully complete. I think having Kalos is plenty.

tnfsf11

Hoenn would be nice though I think IF they made traveling between regions possible then Unova might be the second region to travel to from Kalos...

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    If they remade Hoenn for these games, it'd pretty much eliminate the possibility of a remake of the RSE games.

Years
  • I agree, they should not incorporate Hoenn in XY. Rather, it might be nice to have some sort of substantial post-elite four game-play in a new region that is a big smaller/condensed. Like the sevii Islands, except more of an objective. The best location would be to the north west of Kalos (France) over to the UK. It would be MIND BLOWING if they added England, Wales, Ireland, Scottland, and the several major island areas. I want to catch a real Lapras at Loch Ness!!

Spoiler:

If they don't do this in XY, I think they could definitely pull it off in a sequel, as a new starting point that would intersect with the original Kalos.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Connecting to Unova?

So, I was browsing the webs (facebook fan pages)
    and I came across this:
    Any one else hoping for this game to have 2 regions?

It's obviously not legit (as far as I'm aware, I don't watch the updates or anything)

But, what would your thoughts be if we connected to unova?

(Mods, If this thread exists, I'm sorry, but I did look and couldn't find anything)

Back