• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
  • I hatched a shiny feebas a few days ago. I didn't expect it at all since I was only gathering a few for trade fodder.

Jeanster4

Ice Cold
    Years
  • Just last night i hatched a shiny wimpod and shiny cubone. Both were just me trying to hatch for the right ivs and nature. Both i have to bottlecap the last stat they are missing but they are pretty :)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I've only ever found a handful of shinys and most of those were in Gen2, but i'm holding out hope for a cute little shiny Alolan Geodude in Sun :)

Years
  • Unfortunately, not yet. I know I will eventually, but my tradition of running into Shiny Zubats will most likely persist in this generation as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    Currently chaining for a Mimikyu. No clue how long but time-wise I spent about 2 hours last night on one battle, which is currently still going until I can pick it up again.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I heard it's possible for shinies to show up on Isle Abeens at Poke Pelago....and there's nothing you can do to make them more likely to stay.

That would be painful....

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have found no sure Shinys in the wild but yesterday I was wondertraded a Shiny Zubat.

Today I obtained a Shiny Male Primarina on the GTS for a spare Legendary I had lying around. It's a beautiful Shiny but it's stats aren't great. I may yet try to hatch a Shiny Popplio once I get the Shiny Charm.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I managed to chain a shiny bounsweet into existence, evolved it into steenee, and won't be evolving it again.

I'm trying for a salandit right now, and you can be sure it'll be a good long while before I get one that's both female and shiny.

Amaris

Ghost Fanatic ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2019
    Yes. I've managed to catch my first shiny just a few hours ago, actually! A shiny Ditto that had shown up during my (SOS) chaining! :)

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Turns out I was wrong, the first shiny salandit I found was female.

That was pretty cool. Think I'll go for an eevee next, then hold off for a while on the next one so they don't stop being special to me.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Tonight I got a shiny Lillipup, my first ever wild shiny !! :) Bad nature and not the best Pokemon, but hey... shiny.

I am glad we have an animation telling us that we got a shiny, and that I didn't miss it (I was watching a movie in the same time). The shiny and non shiny forms of Lillipup are so alike! I would have knocked it out.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I tried to chain for a Shiny Vulpix today and got it in 50 SOS calls.

She has a Brave Nature which isn't ideal and 4 IVs (HP, SpA, Def, Spd). It's not the most noticeable Shiny as it's eyes only turn slightly purple. She is now a Shiny Alolan Ninetales which is a nice feminine pink hue. :)

I plan to get the Shiny Charm before going for my next Shiny.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I have several. A cubone, a Rockruff, a Eggexcute that I found while trying to complete the dex, not shiny hunt, a shiny salandit femal (first shiny one), and I got a shiny Hakomo last night in a beast ball!

SOS chaining can be pretty good.

Years
  • Well, I was searching for a Magnemite that was holding a Metal Coat, and I ran into a shiny one! I named it Rhodium and as I was training it in Melemele Sea, I came across a shiny Luvdisc, which I named Yellow Tang!

Back