• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any sounds/noises that make you cringe?

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Well, Whenever I'm eating, I'll occasionally grind my canine teeth against each other. That really makes me cringe. As does cotton. Odd enough? Whenever someone rubs a cotton ball, or I use a Q-tip, it makes me shiver kinda violently.

Same here! (About the teeth) I do that and then I'm like OH GODDD >_< It's horrible. And also about the Q-tip thing, agreed there @_@;

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    The sound that makes me cringe the most, quite possibly, is the sound of an animal in pain. Humans don't count. Even thinking about it has the same effect, with the effect of making me feel slightly depressed afterward.

Sounds that make me cringe very, very slightly are swear words and anything that sounds like something happening in a toilet before flushing. I never think too much of it though.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    just regular chalk on a chalkboard drives me insane...evevn worse than nails on a chalkboard...i cant stand it>.<

I agree with him ^

I also hate the burglar noise in the sims. Its like a disaster noise and it startles you and your like 'omg wtf its the end of ze world >o<'
    |

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    The majority of females sixteen or under laughing or talking loudly. Drives me absolutely insane. Also my roommate's alarm clock when it wakes me up thirty minutes before mine every day (I literally wake up to the sound of the alarm capacitor priming, and it takes him five alarms).

Finally, Popsicle sticks rubbing against anything. Those things are made of concentrated evil.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    You know the cartoons you get the eggs in.

Yeah, scratch your nails across it and tell me the noise it makes. The thing is so bad makes me want to pull out my hair.

Vie

Years
    fingernails on the board, screaming animals and the noise or my old alarm clock. DX

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The sound when you spread butter (or anything, really) on toast, I really don't know why, but it makes me cringe XD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Well, a kinda rare sound. Blowing down the mouthpiece of a Trumpet (without the rest), and producing the lowest note... Basically, a Very Low Note on a mouthpiece.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Fingernails scraping against a blackboard, forks scraping against a plate, umm and people with extremely annoying and loud laughs :]

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My mum's voice.
    I absolutely hate the sound of nails being filed and the screeching noise when you scrape polystyrene.

Back