• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone EV Training?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Did anyone here start EV training their team whether it be fighting Pokemon or using the special training system? Or are you guys planning to EV train your pokemon after you completed the game?

Years
  • I am using the Super Training as we speak, and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't broke yet. I've been abusing it so much. It's kinda funny, all it is is a tapping game and I've already used it way more than Pokèmon-Amie and the PSS put together. And I thought it'd be the other way around...

I'm also EV- theming my entrie team to cover all the bases(this is my future team, some of my guys haven't evolved yet); Speed/Sp. Atck Greninja, Sp. Atck/Defense Vivillon, Sp. Atck & Def. Raichu, HP/Atck Delcatty, Atck/Def Gallade, and Atck/ Sp. Def. Pangoro.

On a side note, I might be the only one not using the Kanto starter you get on my team…

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I am using the Super Training as we speak, and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't broke yet. I've been abusing it so much. It's kinda funny, all it is is a tapping game and I've already used it way more than Pokèmon-Amie and the PSS put together. And I thought it'd be the other way around...

I'm also EV- theming my entrie team to cover all the bases(this is my future team, some of my guys haven't evolved yet); Speed/Sp. Atck Greninja, Sp. Atck/Defense Vivillon, Sp. Atck & Def. Raichu, HP/Atck Delcatty, Atck/Def Gallade, and Atck/ Sp. Def. Pangoro.

On a side note, I might be the only one not using the Kanto starter you get on my team…

Haha, same goes here with abusing the Super Training!
    Are you planning on fully training your pokemon first, before continuing on to the game? And, good luckw ith your team. Seems pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No, I haven't started EV training yet. I hope to get more familiar with the gen. VI metagame before I do. I haven't been battling much lately.

Years
  • Actually, EV training this generation is even faster with hordes. If you got everything prepared, 5-6 battles is all it takes to top out 252 EVs in one stat.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • It took me around 40 minutes to get 252 EV's on my Modest Goodra, using calciums (I think that's the right one) and battling Vanillite/Smoochum hordes at frost cavern. I'm just going to train my E4 team, and see how I do.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    After I finished the main story I started EV-training a team to use in online battles. Even though I know of the speed that hordes+pokerus+power things bring I prefer Super Training since it's a better time killer and it actually let's you do something with the Pokemon you're training (similar to Pokemon Amie).

Haven't used my team though ^^"

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I thought EV training was tedious, IV breeding is even more so. ._.

For EV though, since I don't have pokerus or the Power items, I've been buying the 10-20 vitamins and just super training the rest.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    I started EV training after I beat the Elite Four. I actually enjoy the super training minigames. I just found out about horde training today.. I might try it sometime.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    not a fan of the super training so instead im currently doing a horde EV training.. so much faster with the horde haha!

Years
  • I started doing EVs during my game, but then I ended up changing my mind and actually started over (after 5 badges). For me, EV training during the game made the game less enjoyable.

Now that it's beat, I'm ripping my hair out trying to breed IVs and not enjoying it at all.

I was unaware about Horde EV training though and somewhat surprised the idea didn't occur to me...

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    I started doing EVs during my game, but then I ended up changing my mind and actually started over (after 5 badges). For me, EV training during the game made the game less enjoyable.

Now that it's beat, I'm ripping my hair out trying to breed IVs and not enjoying it at all.

I was unaware about Horde EV training though and somewhat surprised the idea didn't occur to me...

im so loving the horde system they implemented on gen 6... it made my ev training life so so much easier compared to previous versions...

i get 50 ev per tick cause 1 ev + 4 power item x pokerus x 5 (5 because of number of mons in a horde)... 5 battles and i only need 2 more to max it out :)

WhtKnt

Budding Breeder & Trainer
    Years
  • I haven't started EV Training yet, but I have started breeding a few of the Pokemon I intend to use for online battles after I beat the game. Reason there's a few, is so I have a few to take to the IV Guy after beating the Elite 4. This will be my first attempt at forging the ideal IV/EV battle team.

Chances are, I'll end up doing a mix of Horde EV training and Super Training.. just so I don't get overly bored with either or. :P Just got my sixth badge, so not much longer.. I think.. >.>

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So far, I've EV trained about seven to eight of my Pokémon. Three of them are Blastoise, Espeon, and Chesnaught. Blastoise, I've trained it up to boost its Special Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. Espeon's EVs were spread to maximize its Speed and Special Attack. I use this Pokémon mostly as a dual-screener, so I need to be as fast as possible and get Reflect and Light Screen set up quickly. As for Chesnaught, it was trained to get an increase on its HP, Defense, Special Defense, and Attack. Most of the time, Chesnaught is used as a wall.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I first started EV training a Charizard and Mewtwo through the Super Training, and found it to be pretty fun! However, then I found out about EV training through Horde battles...and well, let's just say I'm never going back to Super Training. :p

Years
  • Ev training is a snap in this game. Pokerus+Power items+horde battles= 50-60 EVs per battle. It took me under 10 minutes to do a 252/252/6 spread and I am loving it.

It is amazingly easy to do, after 5 horde battles you have 250 in one stat. Plus now each stat has a ev cap right at 252 so you don't have to stress about going just over. What more could you ask for?

Back