• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone got the Official Pokemon Black/White Guide?

Years
  • I can, but shipping costs might be a problem and I probably wouldn't see it for a few weeks to a month or two... plus I'm broke from pre-ordering pokemon black :P

Ah right, well thats where you went wrong in pre-ordering :p I don't bother because I just know I will find a copy somewhere else.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I've got one!
    The Walkthrough is very helpful - Though I can't wait for Volume 2 to come out; Vol 2's seem to be more useful.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I saw the guidebook in Target the other day before the games came out. When I picked it up, some little kid was staring at me with his mouth open. I ran to an empty aisle. XD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    For those who want to get the collectors edition (or just the regular one) Barnesandnoble.com has them for $16.66 and $11.00 for the regular one
    Just ordered mine last night should get it in the mail in about a week.

WAH! I ended up giving in and bought it... at Gamestop for 24 bucks. Damn. XD Granted, that seems to be only for the online purchase, so you've got shipping which would pretty much boost the total up to like $20 bucks. Still, I would have liked to save a few more bucks. Ah well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm going to get one. I don't know which one I'll get yet, but I'm leaning towards the Collector's Edition, as that's my primary purpose for the guide. Even though they aren't particularly necessary for playing the games anymore, I enjoy reading them when I have free time. I still go back and read my RBY guides when I have time (admittedly, the writing style is a lot more humorous than on guides today, but still), so I'm sure I'll get plenty of use out of a guide.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    This looks like a good idea seeing as it's much more quicker than a wiki, but I'll wait until vol. 2 comes out to get it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm thinking of buying it when I go pick White up later today. It's better than just searching on Bulbapedia where the next gym is, right?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    how much is it by the way?? 20 dollars?? that's almost the price of a game lol

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    :cer_boogie: Wooo is it any good?

As good as any of the other guides, yep. :D

how much is it by the way?? 20 dollars?? that's almost the price of a game lol
    $20 is only for the one volume. There's 2 volumes, the second has the Pokedex while the first volume has the walkthrough and whatnot. Then there's the collectors edition, which is about $30. That has both things. :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've never really ever bothered buying any of the Guides for the games, like everyone else has already stated - all the infomation you'll really need is on the internet.

I could see buying it for collective reasons but for now I'd pass.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • The only time I actually got a guide was for Pokemon Ranger 3. I'll most likely not get a guide since I can get most info online.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    i just seen a video of the speical edition on youtube, and it looks really nice, it has a hard cover and they are numbered!

thanks for the info! =) cause i was wondering the prices

Last edited:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    When I went to Wal-Mart to get White, they had a small pile of hardcover Special Edition handbooks and i just had to have it despite the extra $25. XD It'll last longer than the paper ones :P.

Back