• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone playing the OG Diamond/pearl??

Days
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    Just found both Pearl and it still works so i gotta give it some love!!! Anyone else enjoying their Sinnoh journey? What was your starter if so? Mine was Turtwig 😊😊

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I haven't played my Pearl in a long time. Partly because it's the file with the one time I ever completed (what was at the time anyway) the entire National Dex and I don't want to lose that, partly because if I wanna play through 4th gen Sinnoh again I can just play the better Platinum version.

Years
  • I've played through Diamond many times (I usually picked Piplup but chose the others a few times as well); I can't say I have much desire to revisit it though. I've gotten my fill of Sinnoh.

Days
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    There not my favourite games out of the series but i needed a break from HG. Forgot how annoying it can be 🙄

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Diamond was my first official pokemon RPG game I ever played. I was disappointed I couldn't complete the Pokedex with diamond alone without wifi though.

Days
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    Oh i get you i was the same. The only full dex ive done was on ORAS……until my ex house mate sold aload of my stuff while i was going to work

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I play these games from time to time, most recently Platinum. Here were my starters if I remember right (seeing as it was almost 15 years ago):

Pearl: Chimchar
    Diamond: Piplup
    Platinum: Chimchar... sorry Turtwig lovers! I did eventually raise a Turtwig traded over, though.

Years
  • My Diamond and Pearl copies still worked last time I checked... like.... 1,5 years ago? =P
    I started with Piplup in Diamond and Turtwig in Pearl.
    I'm not playing them currently though.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • No. But I have great intentions of going back to Platin once I'm done with my current playthrough.

Years
  • I am playing Platinum never restarted it since 2009 purely for the Contests and Sinnoh Champion Ribbon

I recently did a Team Galactic playthrough of Diamond and that was so much fun

Years
  • I play the games very often. I played Diamond or platinum almoat once a year. This year I couldn't at all because I'm working on my project about Pokémon platinum lol

Years
  • I haven't played my Pearl in a couple of years at least but I am in the middle of my Platinum playthrough right now. Wanted to have the real Sinnoh experience again after the mess those remakes were and I also wanted to get another level 1 Regigigas for my HOME collection before Bank shuts down next year and transferring up from these games becomes impossible. I just got my 5th badge from Wake today and I have my full team already but some members still need to evolve into their final forms for the team to truly be complete, right now I have Torterra, Golduck, Ponyta, Rotom, Porygon2 and Charap the Chatot from the in-game trade.

For your other question my first (and still favorite) Sinnoh starter was Turtwig but I never completed that first playthrough though (got to 4th badge maybe if I remember correctly but it was a long time ago so I might be wrong), the first time I actually fully completed my Pokemon Pearl playthrough my starter was Chimchar.

Years
  • I didn't play original Diamond/Pearl when they were first released in 2007, as I was much more into the Mario Bros. games at the time (I played a lot of Mario Kart Double Dash and various Mario Party GameCube games - I didn't have a Wii until later).

I bought a used copy of Diamond years later in 2015, and fell in love with the mining minigame in the Sinnoh Underground. Earlier this year I exchanged it for Pearl, because I like the Pearl version exclusives better (especially Spheal's line on Route 230 in postgame).

I prefer Hoenn's contests to Sinnoh's contests, though, and I'm not planning to play BDSP anytime soon.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Haven't replayed the original Pearl in years ever since I purchased Platinum.

Pearl is currently my third choice for Sinnoh games with Platinum in first and Brilliant Diamond in second, so I'm not sure how likely I am to ever do another playthrough of Pearl.

Dax-MASters

Most popular on Pokégram!
    Days
  • Hi, this is my first time on The PokeCommunity and i just decided to start here. So if this is not too soon i've been kinda stuck in victory road in pokemon platinum, would be glad if anyone could help me. Dax out! (Sorry i really wanted to say that)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is there anything in particular about it you need help with?

Dax-MASters

Most popular on Pokégram!
    Days
  • Thanks, i dont know how to put but i'll just say that i'm lost. Every where i go i cant seem to find an exit. I see som boulders i can use Strength on and some ramp like ledges, i triend moving the boulders towards them but doesn't work !

sorry about the typos, my keyboard's acting dodgy!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Thanks, i dont know how to put but i'll just say that i'm lost. Every where i go i cant seem to find an exit. I see som boulders i can use Strength on and some ramp like ledges, i triend moving the boulders towards them but doesn't work !

sorry about the typos, my keyboard's acting dodgy!!
    Yeah I kinda remember Sinnoh's Vcitory road being a little hard to navigate the last the time I went through it. This link here has images for the each room of the thing (you can also click on each to get a bigger version of each): https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Victory_Road_(Sinnoh)#Layout

so maybe that will help you find your way out

Back