• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone wanna listen to an album with me?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • A few friends and I have been doing this over the last day or two. We just grab an album, put it on and chat about it and rate the songs and it's really nice. I feel like making a new friend or two and feel like meeting some people with common interests. Anyone up for doing this some time?

Nihilego

Years
  • Haha, awesome. I'm cool with that - I wanna listen to something new to me anywho. Something a bit different maybe, yanno? But anyway we should totally do this (not rn tho. 5am). 8) Album recommendations from anyone?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Well what kind of music are you looking to look into? Alternative rock? Hip hop? Indie? You name it, we'll figure it out from there!

Nihilego

Years
  • Well what kind of music are you looking to look into? Alternative rock? Hip hop? Indie? You name it, we'll figure it out from there!

I think I'll just draft up a list of stuff I've been meaning to check out tomorrow and we'll pick from there since you sound pretty up for anything. You could do the same if you like?

This sounds great. 8) I'm like deathly ill tonight and not feeling the most social, but I'd love to do this some time! Maybe even in like a group of three or four or something. Get varied opinions.

When I've done it there were three of us and that was a nice number. More would work great too though, definitely.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Dude, just gotta say, I love your avatar/sig so much. :D What're they from?
    Thank you very much! It's an 8-bit version of the game Dark Souls! :D "Praise the Sun!"

I think I'll just draft up a list of stuff I've been meaning to check out tomorrow and we'll pick from there since you sound pretty up for anything. You could do the same if you like?
    Sounds good to me, mate. I shall write up one of the snazziest of lists that would make any man scream giddily with excitement for (I have no idea why I just wrote that...)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm in need of some new music on my playlist. So whatever you guys have planned to listen, I'm down. B). Pick a date and time and I'll try to be there too. :)

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Count me in too, this is a lovely idea. I'm always up for new music and making new friends. I'll try my best to be there.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Yeah sounds like a fun idea. I have no albums to recommend but knowing Razor's taste in music , it should be good. As long as I'm not in class as it happens ( I go to school Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays).

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • A few friends and I have been doing this over the last day or two. We just grab an album, put it on and chat about it and rate the songs and it's really nice. I feel like making a new friend or two and feel like meeting some people with common interests. Anyone up for doing this some time?

Good god GO TO BED SOMETIME SANE MAN. You're worse than I was.

This would definitely be cool if we could do like an album review or few en masse. Of course, having idiot neighbours that moan and such after around 9pm (English time) means that I am a tiny bit limited. Doing it in a pretty big group on weekends could be really cool though. inb4 Matt appears and does a somersault from the excitement he gets from this idea.

Would you be up for using stuff from the /mu/ list or do you wanna mix it up? I'm okay either way. Not in a rush to get all 275 albums listened to, heh.

Years
  • Maybe not the idea you're looking for, but we could have an album of the week that people can listen to and rate. There could then be a scheduled time for people to listen at the same time or whatever.

Anyway, I like the idea but timezones will probably screw me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I might join in depending on what is being listened to and what time. I'll watch this thread.

Nihilego

Years
  • Oh, I didn't expect this much response haha. I had just small groups listening whenever people happen to be around and up for it but bigger groups are nice too. Absolutely no reason why we can't do both.

Nuke said:
    Maybe not the idea you're looking for, but we could have an album of the week that people can listen to and rate. There could then be a scheduled time for people to listen at the same time or whatever.

We can do but it all sounds very heavily structured. I've found on PC that weekly things often die out since it's irregular and if you miss one session you're so much less likely to come back. Plus it's hard co-ordinating all those timezones and blergh. I personally prefer people just jumping in whenever and saying "I'm around now, anyone wanna have a listen?" then adding them on Skype or something and going for it. And once we've got people on Skype it becomes even easier to grab them.

Nuke said:
    Anyway, I like the idea but timezones will probably screw me.

Which is part of why I think it works better if we do this in a less structured manner. 8)

All of that said I'm gonna be around for a while now so if anyone's up for it gimme a shout.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I get home from work at 8 every night this week, will pop in if somethings happening

How is it gonna be done, are you gonna set up a music chat room or something?

Nihilego

Years
  • A couple of ideas have been tossed around. Mine was to just set up little chats as they're needed on Skype, but another was to make one big room with everyone in it and people can just post in there asking if anyone's around. Idk honestly how the best way to do it'd be. What do you think?

In any case I think Skype would be the preferable client. Anyone got an issue with that / other ideas?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I'm up for this.

We could do it through MuMu, a site which lets anyone in the room upload music to a playlist which will then be streamed to everyone.

Nihilego

Years
  • That site looks awesome. Way more practical than everyone getting the files / making a YouTube playlist / whatever.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The only downside to Skype is we'd either all have to download the album, or find a youtube link to it and not all albums are on YT. Anybody joining in would have to ask what time we're at and stuff like that, minor annoyances.

I'd personally prefer MuMu or Wavelength.fm then there's no issue with syncing the music, people can drop in and out without having to get to the same spot as everyone else.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • just because you get these fancy little & big groups doesn't mean you should stop listening with me and George, Alex (0:

however I'd totally be down for any of the ideas suggested. an album of the week would be nice but it does seem a little structured; a huge group where everyone rates an album while listening sounds awesome. it all sounds awesome! I love doing stuff like this.

Back