• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted [T] [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
  • Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Akira Johnson - Route 1>>Beachcliffe Village

Akira walked back to Beachcliffe, and healed the Pidgey. Entering the name, 'Pixy' into her PokéDex, she decided to head back to route 1 and train her. Before entering the route, Akira put Bon Bon in her pokéball, and released Pixy. The Pokémon took the dex from her hand, and toyed with it.

"Pixy! Give that back!" Akira called reaching for the Pokémon, who merely flapped it's wings to propel itself a little higher. Akira groaned, and reprimanded the Pokémon, and finally got the PokéDex back. She shoved it in her bag, and zipped it shut to keep it safe. Pixy, now disappointed, flitted closer to her trainer in an apology. Akira grabbed her into a hug, and patted her head. The Pidgey got loose, and perched itself on top of Akira's shoulder.

Heading back to the market, Akira bought four more pokéballs. When she was done she raced back to the route, and raced through the grass.​
    Lost: 800P
    Gained: x4 pokéballs
    Money: 50P

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

• Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted [T] [IC]
    Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted [T] [IC]

Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux
    Cliffside Cave

Anselme found himself on his hands and knees scouring the cave floor for that damned colored rock. Eyes and mind on his search and ears on his music, he naturally ignored everyone and everything else in the cave. Time passed as he looked and looked, getting progressively more frustrated with how futile it was starting to seem. I hate these stupid stones. I don't care if they have Kalos' colors, or if they're ancient keys, or any of that crap. He began to wonder whether or not Enzo had to do any of this, or any other trainers at all. Maybe he just got the short straw when it came to pokemon journeys.

He sighed. The universe really owed him some luck, at least a little. Well, there was Chunky, but he hadn't even had to use the little thing and honestly he'd rather not need to. Wait a minute… maybe he could use his pokemon to help him search. Nah, that was a stupid idea. It didn't seem like that block of ice would be able to see any better around the cave than him, and furthermore its presence would probably attract trainers looking for a battle. Then a better idea suddenly occurred to him. He could use that Zubat instead! They had that echolocation thing and they were all over the cave, so they wouldn't attract as much attention!

After briefly fishing through his pockets, Anselme found the ball containing his yet-unnamed Zubat. He wondered whether it actually needed a name. Chunky did because he had no clue what the species itself was, but he knew Zubats fairly well. He ended his thoughts on the topic with a shrug before throwing the ball, releasing the bat. It let out a cry that pierced through his music as it appeared before him, seeming to flap its wings quite hard just to stay up. "Alright, Zubat. Can you look around for a small, perfectly spherical rock somewhere in this cave, about this big?" He made a circle with his fingers to show its approximate size. "Preferably using echolocation, not that you can see without it but… whatever, just look for it, alright?"

The Zubat let out another cry before suddenly diving towards him and crashing into the side of his head. "Agh, what the hell!?" It flapped its wings right up beside him, buffeting him repeatedly until his earphone fell out. It was then that he heard just how loud his music had been. He forgot that he had turned it up to max volume when he made his mad dash into the cave. Although the earphone had fallen, the music was still clear and loud and Zubat didn't stop. "Fine, fine, I get it! Now stop!" He hurried his hand to his player and paused his music. At last, the Zubat stopped and let out another screech before fluttering back. So loud music made it tough for the little thing to see, huh? Was that why the thing attacked him the first time? It just couldn't see well and crashed into him? He sighed and put the earphone back in his ear, turning down his music drastically before pressing play. The Zubat made a sound that clearly told Anselme it was sad or sorry or something along those lines. "It's fine, just look for that stone, okay?"

Anselme watched and covered his ears as Zubat let out one loud shriek that reverberated through the cave. It hovered for a moment before flying off in one direction. It looked like the bat had found what he was looking for! He followed it until it stopped and looked at the ground beneath it. Sure enough, there was the stone. "Awesome, Zubat!" He would've sworn the Zubat was trying to look away modestly in response to the praise if it had eyes, but it didn't so he dismissed it as his imagination. "With this, that discovery is mine. To the wall!" Honestly, this discovery was probably the first thing he had been excited about this whole journey. While he'd seen the error of his ways when it came to charging straight to your destination, the fact that he was so close with the final stone made it difficult to do his usual slow walk. In the end, he decided on a light jogging pace, the Zubat following close behind.

He hadn't gone very far before there was a massive roar coming from deeper in the cave. Deeper in the cave, as in where the stone wall was. Anselme's first thought was not, in fact, "I should stay away from whatever giant beast made that sound," but rather, "Somebody had better not be stealing my discovery!" He picked up the pace and ran to where the wall was. As he ran, however, he heard a familiar rumbling of the ground that cause him to stop. The ground things. He stood and prepared to face them, but when he saw the massive cloud of dust surrounding them he decided that was a stupid plan and instead dove to the side of the cave, hiding behind a stalagmite. It wasn't even a minute before the horde had passed. "Can't scare me away this time, damn things!" He called after them triumphantly. He wasn't here for them, though, but for that wall, so he got out from behind the stalagmite and resumed his journey to the wall. However, when he got there the entire wall was gone. In its place were three other trainers surrounding a wiggling ball.

Anselme once again hid behind a stalagmite to spy unnoticed did a quick scan of the scene. One trainer had a Krabby, another had a cotton bird thing, and the last girl had a ghost and one of the ground things. None of those looked capable of making that huge roar. Furthermore there was a large space behind where the wall should have been. So that meant… DAMMIT! Not only did they take my discovery, but behind the wall was some huge pokemon that one of them just caught! That should have been mine! He threw the 'final stone' to the ground in anger, but promptly picked it up again because it was all he had left of this whole damn debacle. He stared at the scene longer.

"Thank you so much everyone! Especially you Ben and Snaps, I don't think we would have been able to get by without you two. Thank you for your help too, my names Anise by the way," said the girl who had taken the powerful pokemon for herself.

"It's very nice to meet you! I'm Yukari and this is Yume," responded the girl with the ghost and the ground thing.

Ben, Anise, and Yukari… Anselme watched as the nerdy guy went into the cave alone to get whatever loot was in there. He thought over the situation. Trying to calm down, he recalled the roar. Looking back, it was a familiar sound. He thought about it for a moment and came to the conclusion that it was that of a…no. NO! I missed out on catching a RHYHORN!? He groaned at how this whole situation was turning out. What about his other stone? How the hell did they open the thing anyway? He had the last stone in his hand. Did that mean...Anselme facepalmed at the realization. The damn door opened when you took the stones out. What the hell. What kind of stupid locking mechanism was that!? He drew back his arm to toss the stone, but didn't. It was still something, and things could be sold. Maybe it would be actually worth something. Instead, the stone went in his pocket.

He punched the wall of the cave hard in his growing anger and immediately regretted it, clutching his now aching hand with the other. "L-look," he heard an unmanly voice say, signaling that the Ben guy was done looting his stuff. Anselme had to resist going up and trying to take it all as the guy presented each item. However, that would be a bad idea considering somebody had just caught a Rhyhorn. That stutter was annoying as hell, though. He took a few deep breaths and took a deep drag of his cigarette. That was better. Instead, of worrying about the stolen discovery, he leaned against the cave wall and focused on his music. Fittingly enough, the song was one titled "Everything Will Be Alright." A wave of calm flowed back over him. So his discovery and various other cool things were gone. He would just have to find something else to discover. Sure, he'd be here longer, but he'd initially come here expecting to have an entire journey.

Soon enough, Anise raced off on top of her Rhyhorn, right past him. She called back to her other companions. "Meet me at the Pokémon Center!" The pokemon center, huh? He stepped out from the stalagmite and wandered over to the other two trainers. While all the other stuff may have been a lost cause, that one stone was rightfully his and he was going to get it. New Anselme screwed all this up, so he would do things as Original Anselme instead. At this point he had completely forgotten that the Zubat was fluttering behind him.

He walked up to the pair, hand in his pocket, music in his ears, and cigarette in his mouth and spoke in his low, monotone voice. "What's with Grace over there?" He referenced the famous Rhyhorn racer before getting to his point. "Whatever, you guys opened that wall by taking the stones from it, right? One of them was mine. So which one of you has it?" He tried to ask flatly rather than threateningly, not wanting to start a fight or, god forbid, a battle.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Anise Briar

Items:
    1x PokéDex
    4x Pokéball
    1x Escape Rope
    1x Matches
    1x Small Knife
    1x Tarpaulin
    1x Blanket
    1x Ration
    1x Sol of Hebe
    1x Sol of Tyche
    1x Sol of Kratos
    4x Mysterious Stones

After a few minutes of uncomfortable riding, Anise finally reached the outside of the cave. Her Rhyhorn came to a sudden halt to on the first sight of the sun, leaving him to gaze off into the sea and bask in the unfamiliar sunlight. Anise descended off the Rhyhorn while he was distracted, sat in the sand next to him, and joined him in his gazing.

"Guess you've never been out of the cave huh?"

The Rhyhorn gave a simple nod to her question. Still staring out into space. Poor thing must have been in there for his entire life. I wonder why he was left in that cave in the first place and for how long. Anise let the thought fad as she laid her back into the sand to stare into the sky above.

"We're going to go on an adventure, me and Stratos. To start a new life in Apollo. Do you want to join?"

The Rhyhorn looked broke his gaze to look over to the girl. With another simple nod, he gave his answer. Anise responded with a smile.

"I should probably get to giving you a name then? Given that you like the sun so much, what do you think of Radite? It's supposed to relate to the sun, I think anyways. Its sounds kind of like radiant, but also something you'd call a rock. I think it fits."

The Rhyhorn shook its head slowly clearly objecting to the name. Anise brainstormed a little before giving a new suggestion.

"What do you think of Terron then? I think it's related to being earthly, and it kind of sounds like Terror, given how scary you can be."

The Rhyhorn didn't seem too against the notion of the name. It dug its head into the sand and continued its relaxing gaze into the sun. Stratos found himself flying over the seas in a careless fashion. The two enjoyed the light for a few minutes, before Anise cut the silence.

"We should probably get going Terron, wouldn't want the others to catch up."

The two rose from their spots. Anise returned Stratos and climbed on top of Terron and moved out towards Beachcliffe town, this time as a much calmer experience. Prior to reaching the Pokemon Center Anise decided to stop by the local merchant. On her arrival she dismounted Terron and returned him before entering the store. The merchant welcomed the girl as she entered. The girl had her usual grin as she entered. Walking over to the merchant she and pulling out her four stones.

"You said double right?"

Anise gained: A budding friendship~
    Anise lost: Nothing~
    Current P: 450P.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Day 1 Chapter 2.4: Afternoon

Akira Johnson
    As Akira approached Camp Kangaskahn, a trainer stops her in her tracks!

"Halt! Trainer!" The man, probably in his thirties held out his hand, his PokéBall held within it. "I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!"

Pokémon Trainer Witt wants to battle!

Edgar the SHINX ♂ Lvl. 7
    • Tackle
    • Leer

Moony the MUNNA ♀ Lvl. 5
    • Psywave
    • Defense Curl
    • Lucky Chant

-800P
    +4x Pokéball

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    Benjamin Whistler
    Benjamin turned his head, noticing a new comer approaching. Mr. Ducreux, if his memory served him correctly (which is almost always did), the young man from Kalos. The man stunk of cigarettes, which wasn't the nicest quality of a human being but Benjamin had grown too used to tabacco; his editor had been especially fond of the substance.

He made a reference to Grace the Rhyhorn rider (something Benjamin couldn't help but smile at) but continued, ending his sentence with a confusing question. He had taken a stone? Perhaps that had been earlier, before they had lowered the wall.

"H-hello." Ben started. "We don't h-have any, s-sorry. Mr. L-lorantos had one, and M-Ms. Briar has s-some. Maybe you should ask th-them?"​

Anise Briar
    The merchant, surprised at Anise's return, almost gasped when she had brought back four more stone.

"Wow!" He nodded, looking impressed. "After that lad grabbed the other from you, I figured all hope would be lost! But I am a man of my word." He fished through a box, one padlocked with a key (assumably holding his money) and handed Anise 1600P, accepting the rocks in return.

"If I may ask, what purpose did the rocks actually serve? Just common stones?"

-4x Mysterious rocks
    +1600P

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
    Years
  • Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Akira Johnson

As Akira approached what looked like a camp, and older male voice called to her.

"Halt! Trainer! I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!"

Akira groaned, and turned around to find a older guy, in his thirties at least. Halt? What is he, some kind of psycho knight? She wondered to herself, daring not say it aloud. Pixy abandoned her perch on Akira's shoulder to stand between Akira and the man. Akira nodded, and decided to use her for the first round.

"Yet another rude trainer. You didn't even introduce yourself. I accept your challenge however." Akira commented, watching the trainer released a Pokémon she immediately recognized as a Shinx. Akira frowned, and looked to Pixy with worry. Isn't Shinx and electric type? Pixy is a flying type, which means Shinx has a type advantage over her. She thought. Pixy gave her a confident look, and Akira nodded. It would be a bad start, but Pixy seemed confident, so Akira would stay positive.

"The names' Witt." He grouched, looking to Edgar. This girl was arrogant. Too arrogant. I'll knock 'er down to size. He thought. He looked back to the girl, and waited for her to use a command.

"Well Witt, I'm Akira." She announced. Akira signaled Pixy to use tackle, and watched her lift from the ground. Pixy flapped her wings harshly, gaining more and more speed, and slammed into the Shinx. The Shink moved a step back, but it hadn't taken much damage. The freshly acquainted Witt smirked, and called out to Shinx.

"Edgar, use your own Tackle!"

Edgar obeyed, and charged Pixy who was shocked that her move had done little damage. Snapping out of it just in time, Pixy managed to lift herself a bit higher in the air, avoiding being hit by the move. The Shinx however, simply made a u-turn, and struck Pixy from behind. With a surprised cry, pixy flew back, and Akira wanted to run to her side. But she knew it was a battle. Pixy, forced herself from the ground, but it was obvious she was to weak to handle another attack. I should've known better. Pixy is much weaker than Shinx, so this was an obvious conclusion. She though, giving Pixy a once over.

"That Pidgey can't handle it Edgar, use Tackle!" Witt called smugly. The Shinx surged forward, happy to oblige, and rammed into Pixy again. This time, however, Pixy stayed down. Akira rushed over to Pixy, and held her in her arms.

"You did great okay? Get some rest." Akira soothed, returning Pixy to her ball. Grabbing the next ball on her belt, Akira released Zeus, and pointed to Shinx.

"Alright, use supersonic Zeus!" Akira called calmly. Zeus nodded, and gathered his voice before letting out an earsplitting screech. Shinx, unaware of it's power, was taken by surprise. All of a sudden Shinx looked puzzled. Edgar commanded Shinx to use tackle, but it slammed into a tree instead, damaging it's own HP. Great, now to attack! Akira thought happily.

"Leech life Zeus!" She exclaimed. Witt seemed nervous now, and when Zeus bit down on the soft spot on Edgar's neck, he fumbled for words.

"C'mon E-Edgar! Snap out of it an use Tackle!" Witt stuttered. Edgar - who seemed to partially understand - charged. Only, he seemed to like trees. The Shinx yet again smashed against a tree, and finally shook off the confusion. A little calmer now, Witt called for tackle. Edgar charged, and slammed into Zeus, who was flung backwards. Akira smirked, and gave Witt a smug look.

"Get him while he's weak Zeus! Use Leech Life!" Akira cheered, happy to have the Shinx in the weak zone. Zeus zipped forward, and made sure to keep his eye on the Shinx at all times. He flew past the Shinx, and swung around before Witt could tell Edgar to look out. Clamping his fangs deep into the Shinx's back, Zeus clung to it, even as it bucked and cried. Zeus released the Pokémon with a refreshed screech, and put some distance between them.

"Grr.. Edgar, use Tack--" Before Witt could finish, Shinx collasped, and fell to the ground. Witt called to Edgar two times, until he realized the Shinx had fainted. Akira cheered, and gave Zeus a hug. After returning Edgar to his pokéball, Witt released a weird Pokémon that Akira's Dex knew as Munna. Alrighty then. Akira thought.

"It's not over yet! Moony use Psywave!" Witt called. Moony nodded, and released a pink-ish purple wave from it's body. Suddenly Zeus flew back, but stood again. "Zeus, use Leech Life!" AKira called, watching the bat zip forward. Zeus stopped in front of the Munna, and quickly tilted inward with his head, managing to snag the Munna with his tiny fangs before it could move away. While refreshing itself, Zeus jumped back, and waited for his next command.

Witt commanded Moony to use Defense Curl, and Akira watched it curl up, and defend itself. Zeus, obeyed Akira, and used Leech Life once more, and bit down on the Munna. The damage would be less, but that wasn't Akira's focus. Her aim was to heal Zeus.

"Alright Zeus, time to switch!" She called, returning him to his ball, and summoning Bon Bon. Bon Bon let out a happy cry, and turned to her attention back to the battle. Invigorated, Bon Bon awaited a command from Akira. Before Akira could speak however, Witt ordered Moony to use Psywave. Bon Bon was knocked back, but recovered quickly.

"Munnas' weak, use Flail!" Akira called. Bon Bon obeyed, and nkocked down the Munna by pounding it with it's limbs. Munna cried weakly, and fainted.

"ALright! We won!" Akira called.​

Last edited:

Kranic

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014

Anise Briar

1x PokéDex
    1x Small Knife
    1x Tarpaulin
    1x Blanket
    _____
    1x Sol of Hebe
    1x Sol of Tyche
    1x Sol of Kratos
    _____
    2x Pokéball
    1x Escape Rope
    1x Matches
    1x Ration
    _____
    2050P.
    +1600P
    _____
    -4x Mystery Stones

Anise added the money to her growing hoard, silently taking note of the man's padlocked box and key. Some ominous thoughts crossed her mind as she redirected her attention to the man words.

"If I may ask, what purpose did the rocks actually serve? Just common stones?"

Putting her usual plotting to the side, though preferring to be secretive, she saw no harm in telling the man the truth seeing as the other's were probably going to tell the man about what happened on the chance that they got here anyways. Maintaining her usual innocent smile she began speaking.

"The stones were actually embedded in a set of cavities on a wall in the cave. One cavity was empty, probably because of that trainer friend of yours. Turns out taking all the stones from the wall opened a secret door in the cave. Behind the door was a Rhyhorn, which I caught by the way." Anise said twirling Terron's pokeball in her hand, "A water stone, some money, and this Sol." Anise pulled out the Sol of Kratos she had acquired earlier to show the merchant. "I left the water stone and money with the others since we got separated due to some mishaps with my Rhyhorn." Anise shrugged putting Terron's pokeball away along with the sol.

"I might check out the cave some more later though, I'm curious about who made the mechanisms to the door and why. Do you happen to know any history or stories about that cave from your time here mister?"

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux
    Cliffside Cave > Beachcliffe Village

Anselme listened to the Ben guy then proceeded to stare forward blankly. He was silent for several seconds before finally letting out a flat, "Oh, you have got to be kidding me." While she hadn't introduced herself as such, Ben always called her "Ms. Briar," so this M-ms. Briar was the same Anise who just rode on out of the cave on a Rhyhorn. He definitely wouldn't be able to catch up if he waited any longer. Even if he left now he probably wouldn't be able to catch her, but at that way he at least had a chance. He had to act fast. "DAMN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!" shouted Anselme as he turned and charged out of the cave in a manner not unlike the way he went in, the Zubat flapping its wings desperately to catch up.

If I can't have the damn discovery or the damn treasure, then I'm at least getting my damn stone! I'm not gonna let a stupid kid take that from me! For probably the third time on this journey, Anselme's passion was renewed, but this time in a different, not exactly positive way. He was so pumped up that he hadn't even noticed that he had dropped his burning cigarette in the cave. He was wasting those things really quickly. It didn't take long for him to pass through the entrance to the cave, and soon he could see the dinky stands of the marketplace. His eyes scanned his surroundings for a girl on a Rhyhorn, but they immediately locked onto the eye catching and unforgettable ensemble of much too bright orange and green.

Anselme shouted at the girl before he even reached her, not slowing down one bit. "YOU!" He ran a little ways up the cliff and made it to her, getting right in her face. It was probably an unpleasant experience with breath like his as a result of long years of heavy smoking. Sure, he managed to keep his teeth white, but his breath was a different story, and he had forgotten to bring any mints to mask the stench. "One of those stones you took was mine. I want it back." He glared at her, the standstill causing his breathing to slow to a normal rate and allowing his mind to clear a little.

It was then that Anselme realized something. He had found this girl in front of a merchant stand with potentially valuable stones that weren't really useful for anything. He glanced at the merchant before returning his gaze to Anise. "Aaaand you freaking sold it." He took a step back and tried to sigh, but the intake of air for the action resulted in him letting out a short coughing fit instead. He pulled the final missing stone out from his pocket. "I had another one of these that I put into the wall while I looked for this one." He felt that he needed to explain since Ben seemed confused when he mentioned his stone. At least the nerdy guy was able to figure out what he meant. "I want the money you got for it. I don't care what you got for the others; I'm not robbing you. Don't try to cheat me. I can sell this stone here and learn what you got for my other one." Anselme held his other hand out and waited for Anise to pay him. "Don't make this harder than it has to be, I don't want an argument." A sudden and tired cry from the Zubat fluttering behind him reminded him of something. "And before you ask, no. I don't want to have a stupid battle."

Kranic

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014

Anise Briar

1x PokéDex
    1x Small Knife
    1x Tarpaulin
    1x Blanket
    _____
    1x Sol of Hebe
    1x Sol of Tyche
    1x Sol of Kratos
    _____
    2x Pokéball
    1x Escape Rope
    1x Matches
    1x Ration
    _____
    2050P.

While talking to the merchant, Anise was once again, rudely interrupted by the appearance of another trainer. There seems to be a running theme with her and this merchant. Anise recoiled to the smell of the guy and tried her best to keep her best face as he neared her. In a heavy breath he confronted her.

"One of those stones you took was mine. I want it back."

All Anise could reply with was a quick "Excuse me?" before he continued continued.

"Aaaand you freaking sold it."

After his frustrated declaration he took a step back from Anise and began a coughing fit. This guy is a mess. Anise quickly came to the conclusion that this guy wasn't someone to be trusted she watched as he pulled out his stone and continued speaking.

"I want the money you got for it. I don't care what you got for the others; I'm not robbing you. Don't try to cheat me. I can sell this stone here and learn what you got for my other one."Anselme held his other hand out and waited for Anise to pay him. "Don't make this harder than it has to be, I don't want an argument." A sudden and tired cry from the Zubat fluttering behind him reminded him of something. "And before you ask, no. I don't want to have a stupid battle."

It became incredibly clear this guy's intention was to con her out of her well earned money, but Anise wasn't going to stand for any of that. If anyone was going to be in control, it was going to be Anise Briar. In a clear and assertive voice she responded to the guy's hostility.

"I don't owe you anything."

Anise k new that was all she had to say, but she knew this was an opportunity to exert dominance and boy did Anise like exerting dominance. "I found those stones together all embedded in the wall. There's no way that one of these stone could have been yours." She gave a fierce and increased hostility in her voice, Anise continued. "…and even if I did it was, what do I care? I found them on my own and you're just some foul smelling bum."

With a second glance to the stone in his hand, she quickly realized there was something wrong with the picture. It was time for her to go offensive.

"and how exactly did you get that stone? I'm certain that stone was in this shopearlier today and you weren't the person who bought it and I doubt that the guy who bought it would give it up so quickly." He did steal it from me with so much pride afterall. "You're a dirty thief and you stole that stone!"

She snatched the stone from his hand, fully believing that he had no right to make any profit from it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Day 1 Chapter 2.5: Afternoon

Akira Johnson

Pixy grew to level 4!

Zeus grew to level 6!

"Nice job." Witt said, recalling his last Pokémon. "You seem to have the makings of a skilled trainer. Here, take this. You might need it later on, expecially if you're going to challenge the leader of Camp Kangaskahn."

He handed Akira a handful of items and stepped to the side, granting her passage into Camp Kangaskahn.

+100P
    +1x Oran Berry
    +1x Pecha Berry
    +1x Chesto Berry

Anise Briar & Anselme Ducreux
    "Hmm... well, other than the fact the cave was riddled with Pokémon and assorted minerals. The new travellers cleared it out rather quickly and as far as they knew, it had been picked clean. You must have been rather lucky to find something that hadn't been found yet!"

He was about to continue with some more rabble, before a man appeared before Anise and the shopkeeper. A small but heated argument started and the merchant found himself no longer feeling too safe. The hostility made him nervous, especially since both of these travellers had Pokémon on them.

"Now, now!" The merchant said nervously, making some gestures with his hands to try and calm them down. "I'm sure whatever problem this is can be solved in a calm and non-violent manner."​

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux
    Beachcliffe Village

Anselme watched in frustration as the stupid kid tried to pull a tough girl act. It was annoying as hell, but he was able to bear it with gritted teeth. At least, until she took his stone. That was the last straw and now he was really pissed. He stared at Anise wordlessly for a moment, then his hand shot forward, grabbing her by the collar of her coat and pulling her close. He stared at her straight in the eyes, only inches apart this time. "Are you stupid or something? I flat out tell you I'm not robbing you, then you accuse me of being a thief and rob me? I got chased around by hordes of stupid ground pokemon, tackled and screamed at by Zubats, and probably spent an hour looking around that stupid cave for the stones so I could get whatever was behind that wall. Then I get there and I see that some idiot kid has taken it all because whoever made the door was also a freaking idiot and gave that door the STUPIDEST LOCKING MECHANISM EVER!"

Anselme noticed that the nearby shopkeeper chimed in trying to play peacekeeper. He turned to him and gave him a piece of his indignant fury. "Calm and non-violent? I tried that and you saw exactly what happened. Don't be a stupid and give her slack because she's a chick and she's half my age, you know I'm right." He looked back at Anise. After yelling at her and briefly redirecting his anger to the shopkeeper, he managed to regain enough control to realize what he was doing. He thought about yelling further, but instead just pushed her back, letting go of her collar. "Don't call me a bum. I wouldn't be here if I didn't already know that, and I don't need to hear it from you."

Fishing through his pocket, Anselme pulled out the pack he had been taking cigarettes from. He had nearly finished half the pack already, and he hadn't even been able to fully enjoy any of them. He took another and lit it. After taking a long drag, he felt significantly calmer. He sighed deeply and continued. "I'm tired of dealing with this. Take the stone if you want, I don't care anymore. There's a whole region full of other discoveries I can make." He turned and walked away, leaving with the words, "Au revoir, you snot-nosed little thief." And with that, hands in pockets, music on high, and cigarette lit, Anselme continued his journey while trying to forget about this little incident. Zubat let out another cry as it followed behind, prompting Anselme to return it to its ball.

He could almost hear Enzo's smug voice. Running away from your problems again, bro? Anselme increased the volume on his player further to blot out thoughts of his brother. "I really need a drink..."

Kranic

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014

Anise Briar

1x PokéDex
    1x Small Knife
    1x Tarpaulin
    1x Blanket
    _____
    1x Sol of Hebe
    1x Sol of Tyche
    1x Sol of Kratos
    _____
    2x Pokéball
    1x Escape Rope
    1x Matches
    1x Ration
    _____
    2050P.
    (-700p)

Anise heart pounded. She wasn't used to such direct confrontation, but even in her fear, she felt a great excitement. After the initial shock she reached her hand into her bag to grab Terron's pokeball, but with a quick chime in from the shopkeeper and the guy letting go of his grip, she let go of the ball. She allowed the guy to vent on about how he's been wrong and watched as he eventually left.

Reaching her usual calm, she overcame her yearn to throw back a comeback, instead she let him leave and looked over towards the shop keeper.

"Guy has a lot of problems."

Anise went over the scenario in her head.

She probably shouldn't have been so aggressive with her accusation since there was a possibility of him telling the truth, but in all reality, Anise didn't care. In the case that the scumbag was actually conned out of his stone, the fault was on him for wasting his time, Anise had no obligation to pay him. In the case that she did choose to be kind and pay the boy, what would she have gotten from him? The man was rude and wouldn't have appreciated her gesture, his demeanor confirmed it. He would have probably taken the money and just left without saying so much of a thank you. It would have been all loses for her in that case.

In this scenario she won out a lot. First and foremost, she succeeded in painting Anselme as a bad guy, prompting him into losing his composure with her accusation. Snatching the stone may not have been necessary, but it put him over the edge, just as she wanted. That by itself was a victory, but she got much more from this experience too. She was able to experience challenging an older person and win without relying on a stronger power, in this case her Rhyhorn. While the Rhyhorn gave her the confidence to act, she can still win without him. That was a comforting thought for her. She also dealt with some level of aggression and stood her ground, something she probably wouldn't have been able to do a few months ago. This really outlined to her how much she grew from just then. All in all, the whole ordeal was worth making an enemy for.

Anise walked over to the merchant after giving her commentary on the guy.

"Think I can buy a two potions and two pokeballs? (-700p)

Handing the merchant the money, she also passed the stone to him.

"Add that to the collection, it wasn't ever mine in the first place so I don't think I should get paid for it. Do you happen to have any sols left by the way?"

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • October Carter – Camp Kangaskhan

She turned the egg over and over again in her hands. In her mind, she ran through the countless possibilities of her handing the money over to the merchant and the egg hatching at that moment. It sort of let her down knowing the merchant wasn't aware of what could have produced the egg. It was like someone giving you a chocolate and not telling you what the filling was. Just as bad as the horrible season called 'Christmas' where people were audacious enough to gift you things that you couldn't open until days later. It was a horrible, tortuous time where even the nicest people could become voracious and backstabbing all to get that great deal.

"Nah, I won't have it," she said after much delegation and consideration with her mind. She handed the merchant back his egg, noting the look of disappointment on his face. She almost felt a pang of guilt at thinking of buying the egg only to say that she wasn't going to like she had cheated him out of a sale.

"Are you sure miss?" the merchant held the egg out to her, his eyes big and puppy-dog like as he almost pleaded with her to take it. She tried not to look him in the eyes as he just guilt tripped her with his sad look. Her sale would be enough to feed the man and his family for another couple of days and how she was dangling it in front of him like a piece of meat.

"No, no, I'm sorry," she said as she turned her hand to the man, turning down his trade. As she walked away she could hear the soft whimpering of the man over his failed sale. And so she walked off, turning her back on the man and heading back to the tent where she would spirit away the hot nurse from her dead end life here.

"Miss…miss…miss??" the merchant called to her as October snapped out of the day dream she had been stuck in. The egg was still between her hands as October had taken her little trip through her mind on the possible events to unfold.

"Oh," she laughed a bit, "I must've dozed off there; sure, I'll take the egg." October happily handed the merchant the recent money she had earned from the fight at the entrance of the camp and what she had left from Beachcliffe.

She couldn't help but smile as the man's face brightened up as he accepted the money from October in exchange for the egg. With the exchange made, October fit the egg snuggly into her backpack so it wouldn't break before shouldering the bag and heading off. Around her she had heard mutterings of the man who ran this camp and his powerful Pokemon. She would take on this man the people around camp revered so much and show them just how much of an expert explorer she was.​

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Day 1 Chapter 2.6: Afternoon

Anselme Ducreux
    -1x Mysterious Rock

Anise Briar
    A little taken aback by the man's sudden surrender, the merchant blinked at the rest of the conversation, before a statement and a question by the young girl shook him from his trance. The merchant shook his head, refusing the stone.

"I couldn't possibly. I only think it's best that you hang onto it. Perhaps it will come in handy later on."

"Do you happen to have any sols left by the way?" The merchant shook his head before Anise could finish the question.

"Unfortunately not. You will have much better luck in the next camp site. Camp Kangaskahn it's called. There's apparently someone who will tell you what each Sol does. If it does anything at all." He let out a loud chuckle. "Thank you for your services, little miss."

-700P
    +1x Mysterious Rock
    +2x Potion
    +2x PokéBall

October Carter
    -1000P
    +1x Pokémon Egg

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Yukari Shimazaki

Money:

Items:
    1x
    (Pokédex)
    3x
    (Potion)
    4x
    (Pokéball)
    1x
    (Escape Rope)
    1x
    (Matchbox)
    1x
    (Small Knife)
    1x
    (Tarpaulin)
    1x
    (Blanket)
    1x
    (Sol of Euthymia)
    2x
    (Ration)
    2x
    (Fresh Water)

Beachcliffe Cave-Decissions and Rudeness
    Yukari was slightly embarrassed as the nerdy boy she now knew as Ben handed her
    450 so, as he extended his hand at her, she almost pulled back and was just about to refuse taking what she believed to be more than she deserved, but, after a quick moment of thinking about the journey ahead of her, she reluctantly accepted her share with a smile.

"Are you c-coming as well?" Ben's question took her by surprise. She hadn't really thought about what she was about to do next. In fact, she had forgotten her entire reason for being back in the cave.

"I… I think so." She said eventually and turned towards her two Pokémon, Diglett's Pokéball still in her hand. The two looked like they have gained quite a bit of experience from helping out with the capture and they certainly seemed even more determined than before. She smiled as she extended her hand and pressing the button on the Pokéball, calling Diglett back in. It was only then that she was reminded why she had come back in the first place.

Yukari was no longer sure about her decision of releasing the Diglett. The Pokémon seemed to love having a trainer and it seemed eager to battle. She suddenly felt as if releasing it, she would most likely make it unhappy. She STILL didn't want to keep it for herself, but she now knew that releasing it would be a bad idea. Just as she stood there, torn between possibilities, she finally got struck by an idea.

"Anise!" she yelled suddenly and she smiled as she tightened her grip on Diglett's Pokéball. She already knew that Anise had tried catching one earlier that day, yet she didn't seem to have had any other Pokémon when they all battled the Rhyhorn. So that must have meant that she failed. Yukari nodded as she finally made her decision: she was going to give Diglett to Anise.

Just as she turned around to join Ben on the way out, a man that looked older than both of them, approached them and started questioning the two about the stones that Anise had. Yukari pulled Yume close as she took a few steps back, away from the man and behind Ben. She was intimidated and even a bit scared of the man and decided that she wanted nothing to do with him or his stones.

As soon as Ben gave him an answer to his question, a few seconds of annoying silence followed, only to be broken by the, now visibly irritated man's shouting. Yukari took one more step backwards as she gasped, but then sighed in relief as the intimidating man ran off, closely followed by a visibly tired Zubat.

"Just…who IS that guy?" she asked Ben, clearly bothered by the other man's behavior and presence overall.

Gain:
    450; a new idea; fear of Anselme

Loss: Nothing

Current Goals:
    Giving
    to Anise; staying away from the intimidating man

Kranic

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Inventory

1x PokéDex
    1x Small Knife
    1x Tarpaulin
    1x Blanket
    +1x Mysterious Stone
    _____
    1x Sol of Hebe
    1x Sol of Tyche
    1x Sol of Kratos
    _____
    4x Pokéball (+2)
    +2x Potions
    1x Escape Rope
    1x Matches
    1x Ration

_____
    P.
    Anise Briar
    The Little Schemer

"It's no problem! Thank you for helping me find my way here in Apollo."

Anise could have probably phrased what she said better, but she hoped the merchant had understood. With another quick goodbye, Anise left the store ready to go to the pokémon center. Using her Rhyhorn as a means of carriage once again, Anise rode her way over to the pokémon center.

On arrival the girl looked to see if Ben and Yukari had arrived. Surprised and disappointed that they still had not made it back, Anise approached a nurse.

"Excuse me, can you heal my pokémon?"

Anise decided to put on a cutesy act, using a little voice and beady eyes. She wanted to see the difference in how people responded to her if she put herself off as defenseless. The nurse gladly took the pokémon and let Anise know that they'll be healed up in a minute. The nurse didn't seem to response any differently than the usual nurse in Goldenrod. A bit disappointed that her ploy did not achieve any interesting results, she plopped herself onto one of the seats within the center.
    Anise decided it was time to relax. It's been a long day and she was in need of a much needed break. Rolling her neck back, she pondered how long it would take for the other's to arrive.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux
    Beachcliffe Village > Route 1

Anselme was in a bad mood as he strolled out of the village. Why the hell didn't you just punch that little brat? he reprimanded himself. You should have just clocked her clear across the face and taken the stone back no problem. So what if that shopkeeper denied you service because of it? You could've just hocked it at the next town or camp or cave or however the hell primitive they are in the backwoods of all regions. He wondered whether anyone actually still used the word clocked before he returned to his original thoughts. Why did you even get so mad over a stupid rock like that?

At this point Anselme had passed the village and made his way onto a little dirt path framed by equally unimpressive trees. I'm coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine, gotta gotta be down because I want it all... began the next song on his player. He'd forgotten to charge it at the last pokemon center so he hoped it would last until he next reached civilization. He did his research and managed to save up and get a cheap enough one with around 70 hours of battery life, however, he had a sinking feeling that Beachcliffe was as civilized as it got in this stupid place. He was glad he had gotten a dedicated player instead of those fancy things with internet access and apps and crap because it would have less things to waste its power on (and because he couldn't afford one of those). Puffs of smoke left his mouth as he strolled along, reflecting on the recent "incident".

He couldn't help but imagine how Enzo would have handled it. Probably would have just smiled and that would have magically convinced her to give it back. Hell, he'd probably already have found the treasure by now. Enzo. Anselme bit down on his cigarette. Every time he thought of the man he became angry. Well screw him, this wasn't about him right now. Anselme tried to focus his attention back to the path in front of him.

There were a few pokemon clearly visible and scattered around the forest, if you could even call it that, but none of them were close enough to pay much attention to Anselme. He turned his gaze forward and noticed that he couldn't exactly see the end of the path from where he was. It looked like he was going to be walking for quite a while… Ugh, paradise my ass. He let out a sigh and trudged on.

Another few minutes walking uneventfully along the route. His mind wandered to the pokeballs in his pocket. He briefly wondered how some people managed to get them to stick to their belts without anything to actually attach them there. Anselme soon recalled the words he'd heard so often as arguments for him to go traveling as a child. You'll make new friends! Your pokemon will be your best friends forever! ...Yeah right. How was he supposed to befriend a pokemon when it couldn't even talk back? Well, he supposed there were mute people with friends but that was different.

Anselme stopped. "Uh, go Chunky. Or whatever you're supposed to say." He held out the ball, letting out the chunk of ice inside. Okay, now to figure out this bonding crap. Anselme crouched down and stared at his pokemon for a moment, but quickly stood back up. "Come on, we can bond while we walk or else we'll never make it through this route." Without a sound, the little Ice pokemon began to follow close behind as Anselme walked along the route. Little thing is like a robot. Maybe you can bond with a mute person, but definitely not a robot.

As the pair continued traversing Route 1, Anselme frequently looked back to see Chunky just staring at him. What was going through the little thing's mind? Did it even have a brain capable of higher thought? People acted like every pokemon could think like a person and had an ego. In that case, maybe he could try holding a conversation with it. Hopefully it would let out a growl or something in response, and that would make this whole thing a little less awkward.

"So… where are you from?"

Silence. Wow, am I really that lame? He had said the first thing that came to mind when he thought 'conversation', but in retrospect he couldn't figure out what he had expected to accomplish with that. There really needs to be something that makes pokemon talk. Anselme returned Chunky to his ball and decided it would be best to give up on this for now. Maybe that sort of thing just happened. Of course, Enzo's Charmander loved him from the get go, but that didn't count.

Before Anselme's mind could go further down that path, he tripped over something and hit the ground face first. Fortunately, his cigarette fell out of his mouth and off to the side when he screamed during the fall so it didn't get smashed. 100 poke it's another pokemon... He slowly got up and put what was probably his third cigarette on this walk back in his mouth. As he turned to see what had tripped him his legs were blasted with a sticky web-like substance that kept him from standing up. It didn't hit his eyes, so he was able to identify the culprit as a little red worm. Yup, another pokemon. Self, you owe me 100 poke.

He didn't recognize the pokemon, but he didn't really care what it was at that moment. Anselme wasn't in the mood for this crap so he quickly grabbed the worm with one hand and an empty pokeball with the other, tapping the little thing's head with the ball. The pokemon entered the ball which Anselme now held in his hand, shaking atop his palm. "Well, there's two." He watched the ball, waiting unexcitedly for it to ping. Honestly he didn't want the worm thing, but he figured he could use as many pokemon as he could get. Especially if he wanted a chance at fighting things like Rhyhorns.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Day 1 Chapter 2.5: Afternoon

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    Benjamin Whistler
    "Mr. Ducreux. Anselme Ducreux from Kalos." Benjamin pulled out his journal to check his nots. "I d-don't know m-much about him p-personally, b-but let's go m-meet Anise at the P-p-pokémon Center, okay?" With a nod, the two headed up the path and around the cliff (with the name Beachcliffe becoming painfully obvious to Benjamin yet again).

The amount of people wandering the markets had slowly dwindled in the afternoon, some of the merchants getting ready to close their stalls for the night. Benjamin wondered if they would reach the next town over before night fell or if they would have to stick around Beachcliffe for the rest of the night. Not that it mattered, but he would have liked to seen a bit more in one day.

They entered the building, immediately spotting Ms. Briar on one of the seats within the center. Benjamin gave her a wave, approaching the counter to heal his own Pokémon, Ms. Shimazaki right behind him. She also placed her PokéBalls on the counter and with a few kind words, the nurse took them away to get healed.

"Where w-would you like t-to go next, Ms. Briar?" Benjamin said, taking a seat near the young girl (he left a seat in between them, to avoid any awkward or weirdness). The nurse returned rather quickly, all Pokémon in hand par one. She gave each trainer back their respective Pokémon but stopped at Ms. Shimazaki with a sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry, miss, but it looks like your Pokémon has been infected with a virus of sorts! She will be okay, but she will need to stay here a little while. Is that okay?"

"That's okay." Miss Shimazaki suddenly looked sad, but turned to her companions with a smile on her face. "You guys go on without me. I'll catch up soon, I swear!"​

Anselme Ducreux
    Once... Oh no! The Wurmple burst from the ball! It looks like you're gonna have to weaken it first if you want to a better chance to actually capture it properly!

-1x PokéBall

Kranic

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Inventory

1x PokéDex
    1x Small Knife
    1x Tarpaulin
    1x Blanket
    1x Mysterious Stone
    _____
    1x Sol of Hebe
    1x Sol of Tyche
    1x Sol of Kratos
    _____
    4x Pokéball
    2x Potions
    1x Escape Rope
    1x Matches
    1x Ration

_____
    P.
    Anise Briar
    The Little Schemer

Anise considered plans for what her next choice of actions should be. Options, options, options. The thoughts were cut short with the arrival of Benjamin and Yukari. With a friendly wave the two came over and began talking to Anise.

"Where w-would you like t-to go next, Ms. Briar?"

Benjamin said, with the usual stutter, taking a seat near the young girl. He left a seat between the two likely to avoid any awkwardness or weirdness. From their collective interactions, Ben came off as the nerdy type; a pretty easy type of person to deal with, from Anise's experience at least. For the most part they just want to do good, since they lack the confidence to anything bad. They won't really act out unless you really corner them into it. Anise liked that. Benjamin shouldn't really be much of a threat to her, so long as she doesn't make an enemy out of him. This meant she could trust him to some degree, but of course, she wasn't going to do that. Nobody could be trusted. Friendly faces hide devious intentions; Anise knew that all too well.

With a friendly face, she looked over to Benjamin.

"Well I was planning on continuing down route one until I reached a camp. I was told there was a guy there that can tell me more about sols. Only problem is I'm not sure if I want to go now or wait until tomorrow."

She shrugged her shoulders shortly before a nurse came in, returning everyone's pokemon.

"I'm sorry, miss, but it looks like your Pokémon has been infected with a virus of sorts! She will be okay, but she will need to stay here a little while. Is that okay?"

"That's okay." Yukari suddenly looked sad, but turned to her companions with a smile on her face. "You guys go on without me. I'll catch up soon, I swear!"

This turn of events made Anise's decision much easier for her. She wasn't particularly sure if going out tonight held any advantages to her, since she would likely have Benjamin and Yukari trail behind her, suctioning off a part anything she found for themselves. She didn't mind splitting the treasure in the cave because Benjamin functioned as insurance and the two ultimately did help her catching the Rhyhorn, but now that she had her Rhyhorn, she felt didn't need any defensive insurance. The two now functioned as a risk, though fairly small in Benjamin's case, due to his apparent nature. Yukari on the other hand was a complete wildcard. All she knew about this short girl was that she managed to be rewarded for suspiciously convenient timing. Anise was fond of keeping people like that around. Of course resolving this problem negatively or making enemies was not something Anise wanted to do either, so the current scenario provided a good means of getting rid of her.

"I guess I'll go today then, it might just be fun! What do you guys think you're going to do now?"

Years
  • Daniel O'Neil || 950P

OOC: Had to rewrite this three times due to crashes destroying the rest, hate firefox so much right now. To make this easier on myself I'll assume Daniel left the boat a short while after the others.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Summary:
    Items Used: Pokeball [1]
    Giving that Pidgey another shot

Dan pursed his lips and Dima snarled as the Pidgey managed to break free from the pokeball. He couldn't help but wince as the device rolled away from the Pidgey in two halves, broke cleanly at the hinges; it was only recently he had had access to enough money to even think about buying things as expensive as pokeballs and it still felt odd to be almost throwing them away like this.

Still, he could worry about that later. The Pidgey was free and, despite several bleeding wounds along its wings, it looked angry. The bird jabbed its beak threateningly at Dima as she started circling it, her body tense and ready to explode like a compressed spring. Only her tail, twitching and lashing about like a whip behind her, showed how worked up she was at being in what might well be her first fight.

Suddenly the two pokemon launched themselves at each other almost simultaneously. In a perfect world Dima would have managed to pull off some amazing move that won the fight then and there. Unfortunately, she didn't. The Pidgey was just a bit quicker off the bat and jabbed its beak forwards hard, Dima's burst of speed actually making things worse for her. She managed to tilt herself slightly and avoid losing an eye but the impact wrung a pained yowl out of her and when she sprang away she heavily favoured her right left; the fur at her left fore-shoulder stained red where the Pidgey's beak had hit a strong blow.

Dan grit his teeth in anger, this part of pokemon battling he didn't like. He and Dima hadn't been together long but the childish little cat had wormed her way into his heart. He hated that he couldn't go in there and help her himself, in fact he was tempted to do so and save his companion some pain. He knew in his heart it wouldn't be a good idea though; while he was confident that he could take a Pidgey there would be many pokemon beyond his ability to help and it wouldn't be good to get Dima used to his assistance. That wasn't even touching on what would happen if his temper got the better of him and he "intervened" in a battle with another trainer. Still despite himself he shifted his weight slightly; training Dima properly was all good and well but he had no intention of letting her get seriously hurt if he could help it.

Fortunately it didn't seem that Dima did need her help. With both of them injured the pokemon were resorting to more dirty methods of fighting, and when it came to frantic scuffles with claws and teeth Dima had the clear advantage. Her leg was hurting her but it didn't actually stop her moving, and each time the Pidgey darted at her it retreated with a few less feathers and a little less skin, though it got a good enough amount of pecks in. The amount of blood was almost alarming, though he consoled himself that he could see that with the exception of Dima's shoulder, on both sides the wounds were shallow if numerous.

The pokemon couldn't have been going at it for five minutes yet, but it felt like hours to Dan as he watched from the sidelines as they exchanged blows. Dima had given up tactics and finesse for pure aggression and Dan, not quite used to this whole training thing yet, had seemingly forgotten that he was supposed to be commanding her. Fortunately Dima could hold her own and eventually she struck a decisive blow, hooking a claw around the Pigey's leg and sending it tumbling to the ground.

The fall seemed to take what energy was left to it out of the Pidgey and it wiggled weakly as it tried to right itself. Seeing a chance to take an easy shot Dan unclipped one more pokeball from his belt and threw it, hoping this time the capture device would hold.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

Anselme Gwenaël Ducreux
    Route 1

Anselme unenthusiastically watched the ball shake, expecting to just put his new addition into his pocket and be on his merry way. That was not the case. He was blinded by the light of the bursting ball exploding right in his face. "Gah! Motherf-" Immediately there was something else, before he could even regain his vision. The worm pokemon had decided it would be a good idea to start crawling all over him. Anselme frantically moved his hands unsuccessfully trying to catch it as it travelled up his arm, down his back, around his waist, across his chest, and finally up to his head. Suddenly, time seemed to stop. It was peeking down at his face, but other than that it was stationary. Now was his chance to catch it, but if he didn't do it perfectly then it would escape. Anselme prepared his hands, keeping his eyes looking up at the thing. Everything seemed much louder at that moment: his breathing, the wind in the trees, and even his heartbeat.

His hands darted up to the worm pokemon, but the moment he moved his arms the worm blasted him right in the face with a string shot. Anselme felt his prey leap off his head, but was unable to see what happened next from the string that he was desperately trying to tear off his face. He tried to stand up, but with his legs still ensnared it was futile. He really didn't want to deal with this, but he couldn't just let this stupid worm get away with it. If he couldn't do anything, his only option was to use one of his pokemon. Yes, he would finally have to do a battle. He reached into the pocket containing Chunky and tossed the ball up, releasing the pokemon.

Once he had removed the string from over his mouth, Anselme called out "Beat the crap out of it, Chunky!"  When the normally abnormally obedient pokemon did nothing, Anselme remembered that he needed to call out an actual attack. Lets see...Ice pokemon...Ice-type moves… "Chunky, use Ice Beam!" He'd managed to remove the string from his eyes, and saw the worm tackle Chunky, eliciting little reaction. However, there was no counter attack in the form of an Ice Beam. What was wrong with Chunky? "Dammit. Uh, just tackle it or whatever while I figure out what's wrong with you." He didn't expect the command to yield any results, so he began to search his backpack for a potion because if the battle kept going the way it had been (which was not very good) then Chunky might need it soon.

To his surprise, as he stuck his hand into his pack, Chunky charged at the worm, ramming into it. The worm tackled back after recovering, but again it didn't seem to hurt his pokemon very much. It seemed that the little chunk of ice was pretty tough. Of course, Anselme should have guessed that since he had seen first hand how tough ice could be once when he was ice skating as a child and he fell. His face hit the ice and it left him bruised pretty badly. That didn't matter though. The important thing was that now Chunky was suddenly fighting the way he was supposed to. So he only knew how to tackle? He had to know more moves, especially something ice-type. "Do it again!" No response. "Uuugh. Tackle, TACKLE!"

As his hand sifted through the items in his pack, it touched something that might be able to answer his question. Anselme touched a rectangular plastic item that he'd completely forgotten he had. He quickly pulled it out. He'd probably forgotten about it because he didn't think he'd need the info the PokeDex contained. As Chunky rammed into the worm again, Anselme opened the device. The home screen was pretty straight forward, nothing he really hadn't seen before. He noticed there were two things that might give him what he needed to know: POKEMON and POKEDEX. He selected POKEMON as it was the first of the two and he was shown a picture of Chunky and of Zubat with other information beside each. Chunky wasn't listed as Chunky, rather it was listed as Bergmite, probably the name of its species. Either way, he was going to keep calling him Chunky. There was probably a way to change the name in the pokedex, but he didn't really care enough to find it. The green bar beside Chunky which he presumed was the health bar wasn't even down one fourth. However, when the worm tackled Chunky once more, it went down to exactly that. Zubat hadn't been in any battles yet, so his… her? The Zubat was apparently female. Huh. Anyway, its health bar was full.

Anselme selected Chunky in hopes of finding out his moves, and was fortunately treated to that and much more. However, he didn't care about any of the other stuff. Alright, Tackle, knew that...Bite, obviously...Harden, kinda lame… Powder Snow? Well, it's ice type, and that's good enough for me. All the moves are kinda weak, but whatever. Anselme looked back up at the battle. In his delay to issue any commands, the red worm moved to tackle again and hit Chunky. This one seemed to hurt him more than the others, but still not too much. "Alright Chunky, take it down with Powder Snow!" Anselme was glad to see Chunky open his mouth and blow icy pellets at its opponent, finally feeling like he was getting the hang of the whole trainer thing. For real this time though.

After the attack, the worm looked like it was ready to keel over and die, but Anselme knew that it would only faint. For now, though, it was still standing, although it looked like it seriously had no business doing so. "This time it'd better work," Anselme said as he pulled another empty ball out of his pocket and tossed it at the worm. It went straight into the ball, and this time Anselme prepared another ball just in case it broke free to avoid an incident like last time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back