• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

***Aragornbird's Art Gallery***

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

• Welcome to my Art Gallery!

Hello everyone! I have been drawing ever since I was a little child and have learned to improve my techniques year after year. I currently do digital art using Photoshop and a Cintiq 21UX. Please enjoy my works below.

Pokémon Factory

Pokémon Factory is my massive art project where my goal is to draw every Pokémon created. It started back in 2005 and so far I've drawn 300+ Pokémon. I've taken long breaks in the project over the years, but I'm determined to see it through to the end (including Gen 5 Pokémon!).

These pictures aren't just for show. You are allowed to use them in your avatars, sigs, backgrounds, videos, forum, website, etc. Just give credit PLEASE!

Examples
    Spoiler:

You can find a complete list of all the Pokémon done by clicking HERE!

General Pokémon Art

Please click on the thumbnails below to view the full image

Other Art

This section is for my art that doesn't involve Pokémon. Please click on the thumbnails to view the larger image.

Speed Painting Videos

Want to see how I do my artwork? Watch my speed painting videos below! If you have a Youtube account, you can subscribe to my channel to get updated on new artwork.
    CLICK HERE!

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    You came back! I remember you from years ago here and I've seen your stuff on dA (watched you there for like a year-ish now?).

I absolutely love your illustration style and how it's epic and yet has that whimsical storybook quality to it. Gorgeous work, man! Your pencil pieces amazing too, though I guess you didn't put them in this thread. Oh well, keep up the good work! :3

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • DUDE, these are amazing!
    Awesome job man, really!
    I've seen that you've drawn Smaug..., that must have means that you've read "The hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien! Wow, I never expected to meet someone who acctually read it, besides me, I mean!

입치트

Light up the night!
    Years
    • Age 13
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I've seen you around on dA a couple of times. Your use of color is astonishing! I also love how you can achieve a great sense of depth in your paintings. Fantastic work, a real treat to look through. Keep up the good work.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh wooow xAx That speedpaint was amazing to watch- I love those. You can learn so much in such a short amount of time. ;u;

I love your style- the Dracocameleon is my personal favorite- wonderful concept and beautifully executed. ;u;
    It's interesting how there's so much green and yet it doesn't feel like overkill to me at all. GJ, GJ! ;u;

I'm glad to see you back- I still remember you helped me with my very first drawing I ever posted on PC. xAx I feel like I didn't fully appreciate it back then, but thank you for taking the time to help me out back then ;u;!

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Dracomeleon and Sea Lion are incredible. On the other hand, your Pokemon Factory Project is just awesome!

EDIT: Just seen Reshiram, Zekrom, and Tsutaaja. Reshiram and Zekrom looks awesome! On the other hand, Tsutaaja looked very "smug", which means awesome in his case. :D

"defno'

Monster Tamer
    Years
  • Wow, that speed painting video was pretty epic!
    I always loved seeing you work man, keep it up

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, I have updated this in a while. Anyways, I finished some Black/White Pokemon for Pokemon Factory.

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Also, I decided to try some realistic Pokemon:

Realistic Mijumaru
    realmijumaru.jpg

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • haha....
    so you are the one one who made the charmander spurting out flames in the cave...
    You're really good at computerized art.and pokemon battles too~
    Maybe u can post some hand drawn arts here too? :3
    about ur
    Realistic Mijumaru
    maybe u can work more on it's right arm?(the left in the picture)

it looks a little bigger than it's left arm.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • Dude... I'm wahh...ehmm IMPRESSED! :D Totally melting away. I first saw some arts in that competition thread here and was kinda FORCED to look for other threads of you^^

You are soo talented in digital art, I am really jeleous of you :D I wish I could do that like you do...I've never seen such amazing work before... Ken Sugimori should cut a piece off you :D (better not...xD)

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Wow, I haven't updated this in months. I guess I got sidetracked by B/W.
    Anyways, here's a couple things I've worked on in the past month or so.

Spoiler:

The next one is really big because it is meant to be used as a wallpaper. It's also a find-and-seek game:

Spoiler:

Can you find every Ghost type within this image?

I hope to update this more frequently in the future. I've already got quite a few things I'm working on.

OH, and did I mention my birthday is TOMORROW? :p

Last edited:
    Years
  • Damn, that's really impressive. Are you considering/doing a career in art? Also, if you didn't mind, I'm sure a lot of people would be keen to use them as wallpapers if they were a little higher-res.

Happy Birthday, then!

cozmo

the Umbreon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    WOW! Keep up the great work!
    Your art is very impressive. I especially like the realistic Mijumaru.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hey Aragornbird, from one artist from the next, ] I just wanted to let you know that I personally think you're at your strongest when you integrate characters into environmental pieces. They give off a great sense of mood and story and they're extremely powerful.
    I think you should experiment more with that sorta stuff. It is so great to see art that evokes such feelings; so kudos on the great work.
    Btw, it's this I'm talking about: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4262/mansion.jpg

So great work! Just watch your textures on those poles because they're getting a little flat and it would've helped you to darken the edge that is facing the light ever so subtly/ slightly so that there's just a BIT more form to it (or you can try using the liquify tool on the texture and see if that works, but I think you know what I mean).. but other than that there's not really much else I can say. Great work, I give this one a 5 outta 5.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Whoops, time to update this thread. This is one of my latest works.
    Click on the thumbnail to view!

Last edited:
    Back