• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Archeops] vs Carracosta

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Also imagine Carracosta battling with Trick Room set up! Now that's some magic right there. Archeops would fail so hard in this set up.

Plus I think the majority of votes that go towards Archeops are because of its "amazing" stats. It's too bad its ability ruins that, and it doesn't have much coverage at all to be honest. Such a shame!

CARRACOSTA OKAY

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My vote goes for Archeops. It's a pleasure to use in battle and has some very interesting set ups to use, plus it looks amazing! Although no disrespect to Carracosta, that thing can be a beast too with the proper set up! Especially with its incredibly useful ability. But for me, Archeops' whole style wins me over every time. :3

Years
  • GUYS YOU NEED TO VOTE FOR CARRACOSTA. KAORI AND I KNOW EVERYTHING SO AGREE WITH US.

I PREFER ARCHEOPS TO CARRACOSTA. Does that make me... shellfish?
    [Archeops] vs Carracosta

Seriously, though, it's the spiritual successor to Aerodactyl. Except that it has a better movepool. The ability is a major bummer, but for in-game sweepers rarely take a hit, anyway.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I like carracosta better. He looks like a turtlle! :D

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Carracosta... I like both pokemon fairly equally for various reasons, but Archeops' defeatist doesn't help its cause.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I PREFER ARCHEOPS TO CARRACOSTA. Does that make me... shellfish?
    [Archeops] vs Carracosta

Seriously, though, it's the spiritual successor to Aerodactyl. Except that it has a better movepool. The ability is a major bummer, but for in-game sweepers rarely take a hit, anyway.

It's okay, you'll realise your mistake someday!! :33

Wow are you serious, Gen V an amazing generation? Oo
    That's fun you say that because I was just thinking that Archeops was one of the least bad gen V Pokémon x)

Best ever tbh.

How strange, as soon as I saw Archeops I was like "okay this is weird" -- admittedly Archen looked kinda nice but Archeops was one that I judged this generation negatively by. :(

(And yet Carracosta positive).

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

GUYS YOU NEED TO VOTE FOR CARRACOSTA. KAORI AND I KNOW EVERYTHING SO AGREE WITH US.

...either way, for Carracosta, having access to Shell Smash, good defences in general further boosted by its great ability, and the fact that it has good attack in general too AND the fact that with Swift Swim its speed is suddenly increased! Idk, I see more positives than negatives with this awesome turtle.

As for Archeops, yeah it has flaws battling-wise, but really, if you put a Choice Band on it - and with Wish support it could do pretty good imo. Competitively you COULD mark it work, but it would need a lot of support in order to be any good - actually, even a choice Scarf with maxed attack EVs would do pretty good, imo, since you'd outspeed the opponent, not letting them damage you. BUT Archeops has more weaknesses than Carracosta. :( A flaw is you'd also be Scizor-weak. Actually, Ice Shard weak, too, so kinda weak to priority. :x As well as that, you've also got the fact that it doesn't have many flying STABs that ARE strong. On the plus side it has Stone Edge, but imo, it's pretty much outclassed by Aerodactyl since Aerodactyl doesn't lose power mid-HP, and while it is lower than Archeops' overall base attack, it's actually higher when Archeops power drops without either having a Choice Band - plus faster speed. As a flying fossil type, Archeops is just no good.

Carracosta has much more to boast about! It has more variety in abilities that are actually useful whilst Archeops just has one that isn't, and actually quite sucks. It has great Attack and SpA but to have that be halved when below 50% HP? Sad.

Plus in a battle between the two, if you were to have Archeops use a super effective move against Carracosta with the Solid Rock ability, it would be reduced by 25%. Tell me that's not amazing! And even if you went with Sturdy instead, Archeops wouldn't be able to KO Carracosta the first turn and afterward you can use a STAB physical water type move or rock and you're in a winning situation!

VOTE CARRACOSTA FTW.

Yeah! What you guys said! Your mods so i must trust you! lol

CARRACOSTA FTW!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Colour wise, its Carracosta who wins. Design wise, its Archeops, but I prefer Archen more than Archeops cos Archen is cute :D. I don't know, but I like turtles more than I like some prehistoric dinosaur flying bird.

So my vote goes to Carracosta.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I do like both of these Pokémon but I prefer Carracosta. I prefer its appearance, its colour palette, its typing, its abilities and its name. It was also more useful in my Hall of Fame Challenge because of its ability to survive at least one hit with Sturdy, whereas Archeops was doomed if it lost half of its health.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nah it's been around 11 for a while, sadly. We've pretty much lost it (Carracosta fans). :(

Years
  • Nah it's been around 11 for a while, sadly. We've pretty much lost it (Carracosta fans). :(

Yes, Nica. Archeops for the win!

I actually use an Archeops so I'm pleased it's winning the poll!

[Archeops] vs Carracosta

Archeops, I know your ability is dumb but your speed and attack power showed me that anything can bring out any Pokemon's full potential no matter what abilities they have.

Last edited:

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Yeah I prefer Archeops mostly for his design. But carracosta's pre evolved form is real cute and I like it. I mostly prefer attack versus defense anyway.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aaand with about three hours left, we can all be disappointed because it seems Carracosta has lost, but only just! :(

Unstickying and next poll will be made later on today. Feel free to continue discussion in this thread for as long as you want!!

Years
  • Aaand with about three hours left, we can all be disappointed because it seems Carracosta has lost, but only just! :(

Unstickying and next poll will be made later on today. Feel free to continue discussion in this thread for as long as you want!!

I wonder what the next poll will focus on...

Yes Nica, Archeops is 10x more awesome than Carracosta cos of it's mighty attacking power and I managed to use one in Black despite my hatred towards its ability. I managed to raise mine to Level 83, he's male with Quirky nature.

Back