• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen today
    My turn:
    1-I think this is a easy and common question, but I can't fond a easy fix...
    Surf on one cave and the battle base is still a cave...
    I think that have something with line 1111 in PokemonField.
    The only fix that I can thing is to change
    Code:
    elsif $PokemonEncounters && $PokemonEncounters.isCave?
      return PBEnvironment::Cave
    To
    Code:
    elsif $PokemonEncounters && $PokemonEncounters.isCave?
      terrain=$game_player.terrain_tag
      if terrain==PBTerrain::DeepWater ||
     terrain==PBTerrain::Water || PBEnvironment::MovingWater
        return PBEnvironment::CaveWater
      else
        return PBEnvironment::Cave
      end
    And make a new background mixing the base and bg
    2-Any news in the anti-lag tips? For me the lag occur only in the beggining when I open a game, anyone had any idea?
    3-I probably got missed:
    There is a way that I can give the player a item with internal name stored in one variable?
    1. You answered your own question (although it's Water, StillWater and DeepWater). Although for slightly more simplicity, you may just want to check $PokemonGlobal.surfing (if it's true, then you're surfing) rather than the terrain tag.

2. Is there less lag when you disable the day/night system? I imagine that per-minute shading can put a strain on the system. I've never had lag, because I have a good computer, so I don't know anything about it.

3. When you give the item to a player, just use $game_variables[42]="Potion". To use the item's name in a message, use \v[42].

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Thank you very much for the feedback! But now my issue seems to be that when ever i talk to the shaymin the battle does not take place. >.< Why does this stuff have to happen? When i was working on the Old AquaHarmony this did not happen :p
    I can't say for sure, but it may be that the formatting is off. I looked at the wiki, but it's shown two ways: the way you have it, and like this: pbWildBattle(::PBSpecies::species,level,result,escape)

notice the extra "::" in front of PBSpecies. It doesn't say for sure which is correct.
    Of course, typos are also a possibility. And finally, the second number shouldn't be higher than 4. Check out the wiki if you need more clarification.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    1. You answered your own question (although it's Water, StillWater and DeepWater). Although for slightly more simplicity, you may just want to check $PokemonGlobal.surfing (if it's true, then you're surfing) rather than the terrain tag.

2. Is there less lag when you disable the day/night system? I imagine that per-minute shading can put a strain on the system. I've never had lag, because I have a good computer, so I don't know anything about it.

3. When you give the item to a player, just use $game_variables[42]="Potion". To use the item's name in a message, use \v[42].
    1-lol, I confuse terrain==PBTerrain::StillWater with PBEnvironment::MovingWater. Thanks for the tip.

2-I have not compared but I think yes. Its strange because only lag in approximately the first minute (even in battle and pokédex screen). But my objetive its to not lag in other people computers, if only me had this issue is OK.

3-Not working, and I tried:
    Code:
    $game_variables[31]="POTION"
    Kernel.pbReceiveItem(
    ::PBItems::pbGet(31))

Kernel.pbReceiveItem(
    ::PBItems::+pbGet(31))

Kernel.pbReceiveItem(pbGet(31))

$game_variables[31]="::PBItems::POTION"
    I can only do with a numeric value. But I can do the inverse? Put a numeric and gets the internal name in one variable?

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
    Years
  • I need help again xD. Okay, I have tried to make a bridge, but I can not. There are any tutorial about this?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2011
    Another n00b question.
    I just had my harddrive replaced, and I looked on the essentials wiki. It has some Shadow Pokemon data remived, and it has Snagging Shadow Pokemon section with no information. When I try to snag a Shadow Pokemon with a Masterball, or any other type of Pokeball, the trainer blocks it. How do I set up a pokeball to catch Shadow Pokemon?

Ryan Hekk

Game Developer
    Years
  • I just had my harddrive replaced, and I looked on the essentials wiki. It has some Shadow Pokemon data remived, and it has Snagging Shadow Pokemon section with no information. When I try to snag a Shadow Pokemon with a Masterball, or any other type of Pokeball, the trainer blocks it. How do I set up a pokeball to catch Shadow Pokemon?

Go to the items.txt in the PBS folder and Ctrl+F, "POKeBALL", then scroll far right and change the last '0' to a '2'. Repeat process for GREATBALL, ULTRABALL, MASTERBALL, and any other PokeBall that you would like to change to a Snag Ball.

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    I'm really sorry if someone has already asked this, but how do i get the trainer battle intro to play when the see you, and stop as soon as the battle starts?

Also where can i get the icon folder that is fixed?

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen today
    I can't say for sure, but it may be that the formatting is off. I looked at the wiki, but it's shown two ways: the way you have it, and like this: pbWildBattle(::PBSpecies::species,level,result,escape)

notice the extra "::" in front of PBSpecies. It doesn't say for sure which is correct.
    Of course, typos are also a possibility. And finally, the second number shouldn't be higher than 4. Check out the wiki if you need more clarification.
    There's no difference between the two versions (extra colons and no).

1-lol, I confuse terrain==PBTerrain::StillWater with PBEnvironment::MovingWater. Thanks for the tip.

2-I have not compared but I think yes. Its strange because only lag in approximately the first minute (even in battle and pokédex screen). But my objetive its to not lag in other people computers, if only me had this issue is OK.

3-Not working, and I tried:
    Code:
    Kernel.pbReceiveItem(
    ::PBItems::pbGet(31))

Kernel.pbReceiveItem(
    ::PBItems::+pbGet(31))

$game_variables[31]="::PBItems::POTION"
    I can only do with a numeric value. But I can do the inverse? Put a numeric and gets the internal name in one variable?
    If this is how you're using it, you'd be better off storing the item's number rather than its name. Use the following:

Code:
    $game_variables[31]=PBItems::POTION

I need help again xD. Okay, I have tried to make a bridge, but I can not. There are any tutorial about this?
    You can only make a bridge that goes over water at the moment. Bridge tiles should have terrain tag 13. There's probably a way to make bridges over land too, but that's a bit more complicated.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • Idk what that means, but to be honest I am hearing that a lot of people are having the same issue of event pokemon battles that i am having.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Idk what that means, but to be honest I am hearing that a lot of people are having the same issue of event pokemon battles that i am having.

"A lot" of people? Who? To the best of my knowledge this isn't a common problem. No need to use weasel words.

I've tried initiating a battle like this on three different versions of Essentials, and the only one it doesn't work on is the latest version. Meaning of course that the latest version is bugged. Downgrade to a different version would probably be the most viable option, unfortunately.

Last edited:

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I'm having problems with Essentials again. This time, the player walks on water.

Without any badges in my possesion, I attempt to surf on water with no pokemon that know surf. Well, normally this shouldn't work and you should only get the message, 'the water is a dyed deep blue.' Not here, I approach the water, I press enter, I get the message would you like to surf, I say yes, and the next thing I know, I'm walking on the water. I don't know how this could happen, or whether or not this is even supposed to happen, but it does.

Anyone know why this could be happening, and how I might be able to fix it, if possible?

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • I'm having problems with Essentials again. This time, the player walks on water.

Without any badges in my possesion, I attempt to surf on water with no pokemon that know surf. Well, normally this shouldn't work and you should only get the message, 'the water is a dyed deep blue.' Not here, I approach the water, I press enter, I get the message would you like to surf, I say yes, and the next thing I know, I'm walking on the water. I don't know how this could happen, or whether or not this is even supposed to happen, but it does.

Anyone know why this could be happening, and how I might be able to fix it, if possible?

Are you by any chance running the game from inside Rpg Maker XP?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen today
    "A lot" of people? Who? To the best of my knowledge this isn't a common problem. No need to use weasel words.

I've tried initiating a battle like this on three different versions of Essentials, and the only one it doesn't work on is the latest version. Meaning of course that the latest version is bugged. Downgrade to a different version would probably be the most viable option, unfortunately.
    So what exactly are you doing, then? It works fine in my 5th September (the latest) version, no matter how often I try. What does it say when it doesn't work?

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • @Maruno

I am trying make an event were you battle a wild shaymin. I am using the code that is in the notes but either I get an error or nothing happens XD

error:
    Spoiler:

That is the code and everything and nothing happens when i follor the error and make it look like this:

pbWildBattle(
    PBSpecies::SHAYMIN,20,10)

I have downgraded to the first release and still nothing so I don't know what the issue is any more :C I need to get this working or my game demo will not be out when i need it to be for a project.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Are you by any chance running the game from inside Rpg Maker XP?
    I am, or I was. I tried the same thing out of RPG Maker XP, and I wasn't able to surf on the water. I guess it does that only within XP. Thanks.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • So what exactly are you doing, then? It works fine in my 5th September (the latest) version, no matter how often I try. What does it say when it doesn't work?

I don't have this problem personally as I'm using an older version, but trying with the 5th September version downloaded from the wiki it just doesn't work. No error messages, no freezes, the battle just doesn't start.

Admittedly it seems unlikely that it'd actually be broken, and I could be doing something wrong, but the exact same event works just fine in my version.

I am, or I was. I tried the same thing out of RPG Maker XP, and I wasn't able to surf on the water. I guess it does that only within XP. Thanks.

Your question has been asked many, many times before in this thread. It is not a bug, it's a feature; to allow for easier testing, when running the game from within XP you can use every HM without a Pokémon.

Last edited:

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Your question has been asked many, many times before in this thread. It is not a bug, it's a feature; to allow for easier testing, when running the game from within XP you can use every HM without a Pokémon.
    Sorry I'm reiterating a common question, I just didn't know.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen today
    @Maruno

I am trying make an event were you battle a wild shaymin. I am using the code that is in the notes but either I get an error or nothing happens XD

error:
    Spoiler:

That is the code and everything and nothing happens when i follor the error and make it look like this:

pbWildBattle(
    PBSpecies::SHAYMIN,20,10)

I have downgraded to the first release and still nothing so I don't know what the issue is any more :C I need to get this working or my game demo will not be out when i need it to be for a project.

I don't have this problem personally as I'm using an older version, but trying with the 5th September version downloaded from the wiki it just doesn't work. No error messages, no freezes, the battle just doesn't start.

Admittedly it seems unlikely that it'd actually be broken, and I could be doing something wrong, but the exact same event works just fine in my version.
    This is a stupid question, but did you have any Pokémon in your party when you tried to battle them? If you don't, the battle is skipped without saying anything.

I have just downloaded the 5th September 2010 version of Essentials via the MegaUpload link on the wiki, created a single event (screenshot is attached) and ran the game. The battle works fine. I can't think what you're doing wrong, since you're adamant your events are correct (and I believe you), but Essentials itself works. That's all I can say.

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    I'm really sorry if someone has already asked this, but how do i get the trainer battle intro to play when the see you, and stop as soon as the battle starts?

Also where can i get the icon folder that is fixed?

I REALLY NEED AN ANSWER!!!

TYVM

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back