• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    nope, doesnt work, any other ideas?

Ugh, such a long time between that answer and this new post.

The picture you're referring to (I managed to find the post), isn't being shown. Perhaps you can upload it to another site so we can see it now?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    I finally got the trainer working but for some reason the names don't appear right.

when the battle starts it says rival 1, 2, or 3 wants to battle.

Years
    I need a little help with this error, it happens after I capture a Pokemon in Safari Zone, when the game is trying to transfer the Pokemon the Box.

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokeBattle_Battle:76:in `pbStorePokemon'
    PokeBattle_Battle:181:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
    PokeBattle_SafariZone:119:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokemonSafari:107:in `pbSafariBattle'
    PokemonSafari:106:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PokemonSafari:108:in `pbSafariBattle'
    PokemonSafari:105:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PokemonSafari:105:in `pbSafariBattle'
    PokemonSafari:96
    PokemonSafari:90:in `call'

Any help is appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    Hi fellow essentials users, it has been a while since my last post here.

If anyone here has been trying to add pokemon dream world abilities to a project I posted the beginning of a tutorial of how to do it on the Pokemon Essentials Wiki. It's marked incomplete, but it might still help you. After I am done finishing dream world abilities I might post a tutorial on how to get castform to change sprites in battle or maybe just a general tutorial of how to change a pokemon's sprite in battle (I've had it figured out for years now)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Hello pokecommunity,

while i was trying to make the current Position of the roaming Pokemon visible in the Pokedex, after you seem them first (like the cats in Pokemon G/S/C) i noticed, that the system doesn't work right.

After starting a "testplay" the switches of the roaming Pokemon get turned on. But if I'm checking the current positon with:
    p($PokemonGlobal.roamPosition)
    it only shows 1-3 different Positions.
    e.g. it says, Tropius is on Map 46. After changing the Map it says it is on 44. After changing Map again it says that Tropius is on Map 42. Then it is always on Map 42. And if i'm encouter a Pokemon on Map 42, it isn't Tropius. How could that be?

This is the configuration of the RoamingAreas and Species:
    PHP:
     RoamingAreas={
       42 => [43, 44],
       43 => [42, 44],
       44 => [42, 43]
     }
     RoamingSpecies={
     :TROPIUS => [15,100,{
             42 => [43, 44],
             43 => [42, 44],
             44 => [42, 45],
             45 => [44, 46],
             46 => [44, 45]
             }],
     :CHARMANDER => [15,101,{
             42 => [43, 44],
             43 => [42, 44],
             44 => [42, 43]
             }]
     }
    end

Edit:
    I think the postion of the Pokemon stops changing as soon as it reaches the same map the player is on. But i wonder why the pokemon doesn't appear...

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Ugh, such a long time between that answer and this new post.

The picture you're referring to (I managed to find the post), isn't being shown. Perhaps you can upload it to another site so we can see it now?
    ok here.

i tried changing the thing in the editor to 1, but it did'nt work. this is happening with all my maps no matter what i set them to. plz help.
    flamemaster~

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    ok here.

i tried changing the thing in the editor to 1, but it did'nt work. this is happening with all my maps no matter what i set them to. plz help.
    flamemaster~

Ah, yes, I've actually answered this question lately

Well, I use Essentials DS and this problem happened to me (I'm assuming you mean for battles, since thats what happened to me. If not, ignore this and clarify what you mean). I haven't looked in depth at the new versions of Essentials, but I'd assume its similar if not the same.

From my experience, this is because the editor, when setting the background number, does it incorrectly. When you look at the PBS file for metadata and the area for that map, the battleback has the number you put and some sort of rectangle or random symbol next to it. Simply delete the rectangle and it fixes it.

------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got the trainer working but for some reason the names don't appear right.

when the battle starts it says rival 1, 2, or 3 wants to battle.

In the line for the name it should be like this...
    Code:
    TrainerType
    Name,ID#
    # of Pokemon in lineup
    ... Pokemon
    So, like
    Code:
    RIVAL
    Blue,3
    PIDGEY... (and the rest of this line)
    SQUIRTLE... (and the rest of this line)

Last edited:

Serilei

Child Of The Korn
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2016
    Looks very interesting none-the-less, I am sure this works out alot better than Advance Map no doubts

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    When I leave 'test map 2', which is connected to my own outdoor map, I get this message:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'

PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'

PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

It has something to do with the weather, I know. Does anyone know how to turn weather effects off? I never wanted them.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    the rival's name is #88. what does the #88 you put mean?
    You can't put the symbol "#" in rival's name.

Hi fellow essentials users, it has been a while since my last post here.

If anyone here has been trying to add pokemon dream world abilities to a project I posted the beginning of a tutorial of how to do it on the Pokemon Essentials Wiki. It's marked incomplete, but it might still help you. After I am done finishing dream world abilities I might post a tutorial on how to get castform to change sprites in battle or maybe just a general tutorial of how to change a pokemon's sprite in battle (I've had it figured out for years now)
    Very good not only for put these abilities, but for create any new PBS style file!

When I leave 'test map 2', which is connected to my own outdoor map, I get this message:

Spoiler:

It has something to do with the weather, I know. Does anyone know how to turn weather effects off? I never wanted them.
    Search at least a little before post, this error is the most common one https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Error_messages .
    To disable Night and Day System in line 314 of PokemonUtilities says "ENABLESHADING = true". Make it false instead.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My turn:

1-
    I want to do a old style item PC without Mailbox. But if I call pbPCItemStorage without a Kernel.pbMessage after, the games freeze! Why? There a fix without I need to use Kernel.pbMessage?
    I need to put:
    Code:
    command=1
        loop do
          (command==1 || command==-1) ? pbPCItemStorage : break
          command=Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Exit?"),[_INTL("YES"),_INTL("NO")],-1)
        end

2-
    Has anyone manage to get the bridges working? I can pass for up, but when I try to pass under bridge my characters end surf and got freezie under bridge!

3-How everyone encrypted the Demos in a way that the PBS got compiled too? Any tips will be appreciated.

4-I didn't know if this is a error or not, but if you create a secret map area and put pokémon encounters in it you can see that area via "Area" pokédex command. Someone had a fix for it?

5-Anyone had any anti-lag tips for maps like don't make them huge or put many events? I had lag trouble.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I've got a few questions.
    Does anyone know how to enlarge the game screen? And how do you replace the standard overworld sprites with bigger ones?
    I'd also like to know how to connect maps...

(I'm using RMXP and Poccil's starter kit)

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    I've got a few questions.
    Does anyone know how to enlarge the game screen? And how do you replace the standard overworld sprites with bigger ones?
    I'd also like to know how to connect maps...

(I'm using RMXP and Poccil's starter kit)

If you mean to have a larger resolution, go to the script 'SpriteResizer' and the replace
    Code:
      @@width=480
      @@height=320

with the resolution you want for your game.

What do you mean by 'bigger' charsets?

And to connect maps, go to the 'Editor' in your game folder, go to 'Visual Editor', and you can connect the maps from there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back