• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    D:

Alright, so I still have this font problem and I have no idea why it still isn't working. I've manually installed the fonts many times, tried even downloading newer version of Essentials, etc. I've found that when I download the latest Essentials all of the fonts are messed up.

In my version, ALL the fonts work except for the battle fonts, like the font of the Pokemon names in battle and the attacks, including the font in the Pokemon's name in the Pokemon Selection area.

Notice how the fonts are all fine on the second screenshot while in the battle screen everything is messed up.

I honestly have run out of things to do trying to fix it.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
    ok guys i noticed something and wanted to know if it was just me....I downloaded the new version (8-4-08) (I know theres a new one just havent upgraded yet..) anyway when ever my poke grow's a level during test play and it shows the how much the stats went up, the defense stat is on the line below it....anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it..im gonna attemp to inlude a screenshot..not sure how exactly

Here it is if it works >>:

Later Guyz and Galz

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I need to know how to put d/p pokemon back sprites in the game withoute having to make them really small or cut body parts off. I've gotta know this because the ones in the starter kit are ugly.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    I'm getting this error when trying to run a call wild Pokemon battle script.

---------------------------
    Pokemon: Purple Sky
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 12, map 123 (Power Plant):

Section082:384:in `pbWildBattle'undefined method `pokemonCount' for nil:NilClass

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

The code I have is pbWildBattle(100,20,61,true)
    I've also tried it without the two optional variables, and I get the same error.
    Any ideas?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I need to know how to put d/p pokemon back sprites in the game withoute having to make them really small or cut body parts off. I've gotta know this because the ones in the starter kit are ugly.
    This is exactly why I made my screen bigger.

However, this means reorganising everything, which is hard.. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Why doesnt the 'add blending' feature on battle animations work in the Battle System?

It works on the overworld map, but its disabled during the battle system.

Result: Animation is shown on a black background OVER the battle system.

Help\??

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I don't think it supports comment-generated battles within conditional branches yet. You could either create each battle event command manually (see the notes), or instead of using conditional branches, use multiple event pages using the variable as a condition. Page one should have it '1 or above', page two '2 or above', and page three '3 or above'.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    Pokemon Essentials supports contests only and only if you can make the script(s) and events for it yourself. Please note it has to be compatible. In addition the same rule apply with Secret Bases, unfortunately.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
    ok I have simple question, when i add text to an event and put one work or watever on the top line hit enter and put a few more words on the next line, when i test play all words will be on the top line......I'm sure there is a simple solution to this..an example is a sign saying "ROUTE X
    TOWN 1 - TOWN 2" it would

show up as " ROUTE X TOWN 1 - TOWN 2" in test play....thanks if anyone can help..

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
    ok I have simple question, when i add text to an event and put one work or watever on the top line hit enter and put a few more words on the next line, when i test play all words will be on the top line......I'm sure there is a simple solution to this..an example is a sign saying "ROUTE X
    TOWN 1 - TOWN 2" it would

show up as " ROUTE X TOWN 1 - TOWN 2" in test play....thanks if anyone can help..

In essentials notes search for message system (use ctrl + F)
    It not only tells you how to do this (you should use \n btw) but tells you everything about how to edit the text ;)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    Can someone explain with details how to create a Regional dex? Plz i really need to put this in my game =/...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back