• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    the mode 7 script is already included with the kit, just change the view option in game on the options menu.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I was curious, are mode 7 scripts compatible with this kit? If so what steps would be needed to integrate it? Would it be very heavy scripting?
    The mode 7 included with Essentials is extremley buggy, I wouldn't suggest using it. The newer mode 7 scripts need to be modified in order to be used with Essentials, both Luka (Drago_Champ) and I have tried modifing it, with not much success.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    The mode 7 included with Essentials is extremely buggy, I wouldn't suggest using it. The newer mode 7 scripts need to be modified in order to be used with Essentials, both Luka (Drago_Champ) and I have tried modifying it, with not much success.

Yay, noticed that too. I get some really weird glitches. I have very limited scripting skills so I may drop the idea altogether.

Zephyra

I lurk
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    If I want to make a city that takes up two tiles on the region map, would I separate the city into two maps? If so, how do I make it so if you use fly on the tile without the Pokemon Center, it goes to the map with the Pokemon center?

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    I was play testing and... wtf? There's no female sprite when on bike: there's only 1, actually i can make it female but i need 2 bike sprites! How should i name the female bike sprite sprite?

I meant, the OverWorld on-bike sprite...

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    Sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find anything about it!

For some reason I don't know, when i try to playtest my game I now get this error:

Exception: Errno::EACCES
    Compiler:611:in `initialize'
    Compiler:611:in `open'
    Compiler:611:in `pbCompileTownMap'
    Compiler:3504:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3636

I have tried everything I can think of to fix it, but with no luck.

Any help would really be appreciated!

videogamemaster

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2009
    Why can't I add sounds to the Pokemon's battle moves? I'm using the Animation Editor thing, and when I save the sound to the attack, it always deletes the sound when I exit the Editor! What am I doing wrong?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    use the built in editor in RMXP. Set teh sound to frame 1 or something.

I have a question, I can't seem to get the ledges to work one way. In my game, the ledges let you jump from the top and the bottom. How can I fix it so that you can only jump from the top.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    If I want to make a city that takes up two tiles on the region map, would I separate the city into two maps? If so, how do I make it so if you use fly on the tile without the Pokemon Center, it goes to the map with the Pokemon center?
    As I understand it, you look at each square of the region map in turn, and say which map it belongs with. I assume it's possible to make multiple squares belong to a single map; otherwise, how would larger Routes work?

And since you've made the city squares all point to the same map, Flying to any one of them will take you to the PokéCentre in that city.

Zephyra

I lurk
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    As I understand it, you look at each square of the region map in turn, and say which map it belongs with. I assume it's possible to make multiple squares belong to a single map; otherwise, how would larger Routes work?

And since you've made the city squares all point to the same map, Flying to any one of them will take you to the PokéCentre in that city.
    My only problem with that is getting the player on the town map to change its location depending on which part of the city that you are in.

Alternatively, I could make it so that the town map location is centered on the city, but that would require the Town map grid to be 16x16 rather than 32x32 for the square and L shaped cities

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I have a question, I can't seem to get the ledges to work one way. In my game, the ledges let you jump from the top and the bottom. How can I fix it so that you can only jump from the top.
    In the tileset tab in the database, you can set tiles to be passable only from certain directions. Simply make your ledge tiles only passable from above (only one of the 4 arrows should be on).
    My only problem with that is getting the player on the town map to change its location depending on which part of the city that you are in.

Alternatively, I could make it so that the town map location is centered on the city, but that would require the Town map grid to be 16x16 rather than 32x32 for the square and L shaped cities
    In Amethyst, each tile on the world map is equivalent to a fixed number of tiles on the OW map. D/P use this system too. This means it's possible to modify the script to incorporate this, if your maps follow the same rule; simply find the script which checks the world map tile you're on, and then increase it by the player's X and Y divided by the number of tiles each world map tile corresponds to. For example, if you have 32 tiles per world map tile (like D/P), you'd find the X and Y of the world map tile normally, then add $game_player.x/32 and $game_player.y/32. This would give you the correct world map tile.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I have a question.
    Is it possible to have a double battle, like the one with Steven in Emerald, in Pokemon Essentials?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    I think this has already been asked but how do I get the pokemon overworlds from D/P/PT to work on pokemon essentials and the overworld trainer sprites?

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
    Years
    Ok, I've seen a lot of perspective questions, so I'm gonna do this.

I'm currently working on a project to turn some tiles into a DP style layout in the game.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    I'm receiving the following error when I try to leave the first map of the game. Directory Game\Data is corrupted. It was working fine until now. I only edited a warp on another map and an overworld.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I'm receiving the following error when I try to leave the first map of the game. Directory Game\Data is corrupted. It was working fine until now. I only edited a warp on another map and an overworld.

If you have a backup I would just add the new files and use the backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question.
    Is it possible to have a double battle, like the one with Steven in Emerald, in Pokemon Essentials?

This is addressed in the notes.

It is called Partner trainers.

Here is a quote from the notes:

"
    Partner Trainers

In Pokémon Essentials, a partner trainer can be registered so that he or she will appear as the player's partner in Pokémon battles. To register a partner, use a Script event command:
    pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Cheryl,"Cheryl",0) The first parameter is the internal name of the partner's trainer type, and the second parameter is the partner's name. The parameter shown here as 0 is optional, it indicates which party to use for the partner trainer. To define the partner, choose "Edit Trainers" from the Pokémon Essentials Editor (editor.exe).
    The partner will be registered as long as the player remains on the same map. To deregister the partner, use a Script event command:
    pbDeregisterPartner Special rules apply when the player is accompanied by a partner. First, the entire party will be healed at the end of the battle; and second, all opposing trainers must have at least two Pokemon with them. It is interesting, though, to make sure two opposing trainers face each other on the map.
    This feature can be used in combination with Dependent Events.
    The back of the trainer is to be placed in Graphics/Pictures/ and has a filename of trbackXXX.png, where XXX is the trainer type's ID number (see [[Trainer Backs]]). Trainer backs for partner trainers and other trainers are defined in the same way.
    "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for my question.

How come when I walk up to the water on the island auto tile I can walk on the tiles around the edges of the 3X3 tile section.
    This causes a problem if you are using the kyledove island tiles.

How can I fix this.

If I need to explain this better just tell me.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    Hey peoples, I need help with the Rival name script:

$ game_variables [25] =
    pbEnterText("Rival's name?",1,7,"Gary")

I got this staright from the notes. When I try to play the game and get to the name entry, it says this:

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:190:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:195:in `update'
    Scene_Map:100:in `update'
    Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'
    Exception: RuntimeError
    (eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
    (eval):2: syntax error
    ("Rival's name?",1,7,"Gary")
    ^
    ***Line '("Rival's name?",1,7,"Gary")' shouldn't begin with '(', try putting '(' at
    the end of the last line
    ***Full script:
    $game_variables[25]=pbEnterText
    ("Rival's name?",1,7,"Gary")

This is the EXACT error log it gives me... can someone please help? I tried what it says but it doesn't work..

Last edited:

masterboog

That guy over there
    Years
    Ok, now I don't actually have RMXp yet and neither do I have the illegal one. I was going to get the legal one but you said it does not work with the legal one. Has that been changed? Can I buy the real one and still use the kit or do I have to get the illegal one? Sorry for me being a noob.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back