• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachi's Gift

Make a Wish...
Years
  • Tiles

Okay, I have these tiles (located below):

But, they are smaller than the pokemon essentials starterkit's tiles.
    I try to make them bigger but they lose their quality.

Can anyone help?
    Or does anyone know a place where I can get simmilar larger tiles?

Last edited:

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
    Years
  • Okay, I have these tiles (located below):

But, they are smaller than the pokemon essentials starterkit's tiles.
    I try to make them bigger but they lose their quality.

Can anyone help?
    Or does anyone know a place where I can get simmilar larger tiles?

Just go 200x200 in Paint.

It'll be an even increase and not lose quality.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    need some help with pbregisterpartner... it comes up with an erorr, `pbRegisterPartner'undefined method `[]' for nil : NilClass...
    wat does that mean?

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
    Years
  • POKEMART ISSUES!

*sigh*
    OKAY!
    Here's what's going on, I made a Pokemart (Technically, Jill's Organics) and I copied my script from a previous WORKING PM. Now I wasn't sure which items I could sell so i opened the items text document and copied and pasted items over. A few worked, but until I took out some (MOST!) I would keep getting an error message and my game would crash.

AS FOR MY ABOVE POST:
    (At te top of page 194)
    I solved the egg issue, but the foreign pokemon thing i can't seem to get working still!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    POKEMART ISSUES!

*sigh*
    OKAY!
    Here's what's going on, I made a Pokemart (Technically, Jill's Organics) and I copied my script from a previous WORKING PM. Now I wasn't sure which items I could sell so i opened the items text document and copied and pasted items over. A few worked, but until I took out some (MOST!) I would keep getting an error message and my game would crash.
    I think the obvious answer is not to mess around with everything. You haven't given nearly enough information for a more detailed answer.

Moreover, you haven't actually asked for help. You've only implied you've got a problem you still need fixing.

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
    Years
    OKAY.
    I NEED HELP GETTING THIS POKEMART WORKING.

Details:
    I copied over the script from my other pokemart (the one that works) It looks like this:
    @>Script: pbPokemonMart([
    : : PBItems::POKeBALL,
    : : PBItems::POTION,
    : : PBItems::ANTIDOTE,])
    @>
    Then I opened up items.txt and then in RMXP opened up the mart I needed to edit. I inserted the script the same way and then copied and pasted items from items.txt in to the script. It looks like this:
    pbPokemonMart([
    PBItems::FRESHWATER
    PBItems::ZINC
    PBItems::CALCIUM
    PBItems::CARBOS
    PBItems::IRON
    PBItems::PROTEIN
    ])
    (Insert -> script, not just typed in that BTW)

When I go in the game and try to shop here an error message pops up that says there was an error and it will display 2 of the items, I take away items until only fresh water remains, it seems to be the only one it doesn't have a problem with.

I need help getting this to work right.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hey, how can i use PokemonRoaming? For Raikou, Entei and suicune?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    OKAY.
    I NEED HELP GETTING THIS POKEMART WORKING.

Details:
    I copied over the script from my other pokemart (the one that works) It looks like this:
    @>Script: pbPokemonMart([
    : : PBItems::POKeBALL,
    : : PBItems::POTION,
    : : PBItems::ANTIDOTE,])
    @>
    Then I opened up items.txt and then in RMXP opened up the mart I needed to edit. I inserted the script the same way and then copied and pasted items from items.txt in to the script. It looks like this:
    pbPokemonMart([
    PBItems::FRESHWATER
    PBItems::ZINC
    PBItems::CALCIUM
    PBItems::CARBOS
    PBItems::IRON
    PBItems::PROTEIN
    ])
    (Insert -> script, not just typed in that BTW)

When I go in the game and try to shop here an error message pops up that says there was an error and it will display 2 of the items, I take away items until only fresh water remains, it seems to be the only one it doesn't have a problem with.

I need help getting this to work right.
    The script that works has commas in it. Your script that doesn't work doesn't have commas in.

A comma separates two items. At the moment your shop is looking to sell one item with the huge name PBItems::FRESHWATERPBItems::ZINCPBItems::CALCIUMPBIte... etc. etc. This item, quite clearly, doesn't exist.

I'm surprised there's a comma after the final item in the working script, because usually there wouldn't be one after the final item in a list like that. But if it works, don't knock it.

Hey, how can i use PokemonRoaming? For Raikou, Entei and suicune?
    I haven't tried this myself, but it seems fairly simply to implement. You need to look in the scripts at PokemonRoaming. At the top you'll find this:

Code:
    module PokemonRoaming
     RoamingAreas={
    # Keys indicate the Pokémon's current map;
    # Values indicate one or more maps that the Pokémon
    #  will move to
    # Example:
    #   20 => [21, 22],
    #   21 => [22, 20]
     }
     RoamingSpecies={
    # Example:
    #  (Species, level, switch number)
    #  PBSpecies::LATIOS => [40,50],
    #  PBSpecies::LATIAS => [40,51]
     }
    end
    The comments explain what to do. For the RoamingAreas, you can have any quantity of numbers in the square brackets - in the example, a pokémon currently on map 20 has a 50% chance of moving on to map 21 and a 50% chance of moving to map 22. Each map indicated here has an equal chance of being chosen to be moved to. The pokémon will move to a different map each time you do, or after you battle it and either of you flee or you're beaten (i.e. the pokémon is still free and conscious).

Make sure that, for RoamingAreas, each map that can be moved to has at least one map to move onto from there.

If you're on a particular map and more than one roamers are due to appear on that map at the same time, the game randomly chooses one of them as your encounter.

I'm not sure how to have regional roamers, but I'll bet for one that such a thing isn't included in Essentials - it's something to be added by oneself. I can see how to make the roaming circles (several lots of maps that only interconnect with themselves and not each other), but the new bit will be the ability to put a roamer into one circle or the other. Said new bit involves a modification of line 58 (the line that chooses a random map to be called the current area if the roamer doesn't already have a current area, i.e. it's newly unlocked), but maybe that's too much of a hint already to those people wanting to implement region roamers (including those who decide they want to after reading here that it's possible).

For RoamingSpecies, you have one line per roaming pokémon. You need to pick a level and a switch number for each of them. Turning the associated switch on (e.g. as part of the "unfrozen from statues" event) will mean the pokémon begins roaming. Turning it off for whatever reason (e.g. you've caught it, you've sealed it back into a statue, etc.) will stop that roaming encounter. You can have multiple switches on or off at the same time.

All pokémon change their positions at the same time, even if it's caused by a battle and you only faced one of them.

See where the commas are in the brackets (at the end of each line except the final line of each section), and between each number within each line. Well, you can see where they are. Keep that trend going.

Last edited:

Jirachi's Gift

Make a Wish...
    Years
  • Help with fly and towns (Please...)

Okay...

When I start my game and I obtain FLY I'm able to fly to any town (even ones I've never been to).

What do I need to do to set it that when I first visit the town then I'm only able to fly to it?
    (In other words: only if I visit the town, then I'm able to FLY to it).

Hope someone can help,
    Thanks.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Here's my problem, i want to register a double battle, check attatchment.

thanks in advanced.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Okay...

When I start my game and I obtain FLY I'm able to fly to any town (even ones I've never been to).

What do I need to do to set it that when I first visit the town then I'm only able to fly to it?
    (In other words: only if I visit the town, then I'm able to FLY to it).

Hope someone can help,
    Thanks.
    I can only assume that this is a feature of the Debug mode (which would make sense), and that you've been using Debug mode when getting this response. Do you have this problem when playing the game normally (i.e. not as a play test from within RPG Maker XP)?

What you ask for is, according to the notes, exactly what should happen.

Years
  • Hey. I have two things i would like help with please, any help is appreciated.

1. I've seen lots of games in the showcase which have that really cool feature in forest maps where there is the shadows of clouds/trees on the screen (if that's not explaining well then i'll go link to a thread with a game which has what i mean. I was wondering, how do you do this?

2. At night time I would like the windows of pokémarts and pokémon centres to light up. I know you can use the Outdoor light command for lamppots or w/e but I wanted to know how to make a custom one. presumably it would be a case of making a custom tile and then when it is night time switching the day tile with the night tile. I just don't know how to do this.

Thanks muchly (Y)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Malachite
    Script 'PokemonScreen' line 1272: NameError occurred.
    uninitialized constant PokemonScreen::HiddenMoveHandlers
    OK

Does anyone knw y I'm getting this error?

Jirachi's Gift

Make a Wish...
    Years
  • PokeDex!

Hey,
    If you use the PokeDex it is filled with blank spaces and some filled spaces (depending on if you have seen the pokemon or not).

But all of the Pokemon are listed in the Pokedex.
    I don't want all of the pokemon to be listed. Eg. I only want 100 pokemon on the pokedex, but there is like 493 listed.

How can I customize the listed Pokemon on my pokedex?

Thanks,
    In advance

Last edited:

iitZz An Omen

PokemonPlatinums Brother
    Years
  • [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

How do I change the gender symbol to that of the fire red font?
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Wait, route -8.2? Anyway, have you updated to the newest version of the Pokémon fonts? I know the version I'm using has the correct symbols. Try uninstalling the FR/LG font, then reinstalling it from the Fonts folder.
    Nice job on the FR/LG-style Summary screen, though. Did you script that?

iitZz An Omen

PokemonPlatinums Brother
    Years
  • Wait, route -8.2? Anyway, have you updated to the newest version of the Pokémon fonts? I know the version I'm using has the correct symbols. Try uninstalling the FR/LG font, then reinstalling it from the Fonts folder.
    Nice job on the FR/LG-style Summary screen, though. Did you script that?
    Yeah lol :P
    Can you provide a link?
    I wish I did but no :( I used the Pedapp basic kit and recoloured the summary screen provided, but i'm happy that you like it!

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Are there any tutorials on how to customize menus. If there is could someone please post a link? If not could somebody who understands it all well enough make a quick one? Either would be highly appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Yeah lol :P
    Can you provide a link?
    I wish I did but no :( I used the Pedapp basic kit and recoloured the summary screen provided, but i'm happy that you like it!

I really need to get up-to-date with the D/P moves project; I even worked on it a bit :P

Anyway, I've attached the font I'm using, so it should have the symbols in it. You'll have to remove your current FR/LG font, and replace it with this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back