• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    please help me
    i have this pokegear script eddited but i want to set the keys different that when i press left or right the cursor moves over the screen and not with up and down please help me

i have already tryed to change the (inputt:up) and (input::down) into right and left but then only the image moves on that so please help me
    Use [CODE]...[/CODE] for when you want to show some code, not a quote box. The code box starts scrolling if it gets too long, whereas the quote box doesn't (and takes up a lot of room).

The PokéGear screen is little more than a command list (like the pause menu or the "summary/switch/item/cancel" menu in the party screen) with a few graphics that change depending on which option you've highlighted. The command list itself is placed just offscreen so you can't see it.

Command lists work by scrolling up and down. It doesn't support left/right. You'll need to create a new way to record which option you're highlighting. Fortunately you could probably get away with a simple "index-inna-variable" thing rather than faffing around with making a new 2D command array (which is complicated), but unfortunately you probably won't know how to do even that.

Your options are to: A) learn a bit of scripting and go for the "index-inna-variable" thing, or B) redesign your PokéGear so you only need to use up and down.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    alright thanks for your answer i am still learning ruby and i think i will use option b change it so i have to use up and down.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2010
    I have a question: For the professor's lecture, how do we access all the text (like "I'm Oak" or "We use Pokemon to..." that stuff)? I don't mean the script, I meant the dialogue.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 5, 2021
    I have a question: For the professor's lecture, how do we access all the text (like "I'm Oak" or "We use Pokemon to..." that stuff)? I don't mean the script, I meant the dialogue.
    In the map "intro" there is an event. All of the speech is in there.

Years
  • I get this error when I try to use the Battle Factory:

Code:
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error within event 1, map 81 (Battle Factory):
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbPrepareRentals' for nil:NilClass
    ***Full script:
    pbBattleChallenge.extra.pbPrepareRentals

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1583:in `eval'
    Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'

This appears when I am going to make the swap.

Any help appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Help with Game

I'm trying to incorporate special genetically modified pokemon as kind of alternates to the normal ones. But I don't want to have to create brand new pokemon, just alter the shiny ones so that they are slightly stronger, but still treated the same by the internal systems. The nearest thing I can think of is to simply not include these pokemon in the Pokedex system, or to modify the Shadow system to make the Genetics more powerful. Only I don't know how to do either of those things. Help!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 5, 2021
    This seems like such a ridiculously easy question, but it really has me stumped. When I call $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes=true I still can't run. The only time it does work if I am in the included "test map2" Even if I directly copy/paste that event into one of my maps, I still can't get it to function. Someone else asked this in this thread, but didn't get an answer besides saying to set $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes=true. I'm quite confused, I hate being hung up on something so trivial.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    This seems like such a ridiculously easy question, but it really has me stumped. When I call $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes=true I still can't run. The only time it does work if I am in the included "test map2" Even if I directly copy/paste that event into one of my maps, I still can't get it to function. Someone else asked this in this thread, but didn't get an answer besides saying to set $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes=true. I'm quite confused, I hate being hung up on something so trivial.

O_O Ever thought of looking at the editor.exe and actually setting the maps you make as outdoors otherwise you can't run.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 5, 2021
    Background music loops by default.

EDIT: I shouldn't ask questions when I'm too sleepy to think. I edited out my stupid question.

For Light and Outdoorlight, is it possible to change the shape or position of the light? Like make the light off center in the tile. I can't seem to find the script that controls that lighting.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2010
    Background music loops by default.

Nono, like, say the Professor's lecture. It has an "intro" and then the part that loops begin.

Erm... like this

oiejr (The beginning) hwiruhgrlhfrrhjenor (The body) hwiruhgrlhfrrfjenor (The body looped)

Also, how do we add abilities?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2017
    Hello, I'm trying the default level of the Pokemon Essentials, but the Double Battle algorythm seems off. When I use Pikachu's Double Team, he attacks immediately, and Squirtle nor the opponents attack. is there someway to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    Hmm, when I edit the townmap text file, it doesnt show it on the region map in game, and when I type in the name of locations in debug mode, it doesnt save, and sets the townmap text file back to the default simple maps.um whats goin on lol

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • I recommend simply creating an entire redundant species for what you need, and adjusting the base stats from there. You can justify a second Pokedex entry relevant to the genetweaked Pokemon that way as well.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    No, I mean, like effects and such.
    Abilities have such wide-ranging effects that there can't possibly be a comprehensive guide to them. You'll just have to find where in the scripts you want the ability to work, and put in some code. If your new ability is similar to an existing one, see how the existing one works and copy it.

Hmm, when I edit the townmap text file, it doesnt show it on the region map in game, and when I type in the name of locations in debug mode, it doesnt save, and sets the townmap text file back to the default simple maps.um whats goin on lol
    Don't use the debug mode editor, and remember to compile your game after editing townmap.txt.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years

• \ is the right slash.
    At any rate, the way I do this is, by using the \c[#] and then ending it by adding another \c[#] to go back to the original colour. Have you found a better alternative?

Using \c[#] makes it hard to read. I found the better way is using \r and \b for red and blue respectively.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

First screenshot I used \r ... second screenshot I used \c[2].

There's also another way I found by searching the forum;

\[XXXXYYYY] - Displays the text in the base color XXXX and shadow color YYYY. Each color is a hexadecimal 15-bit RGB color. Examples:

* \[043c3aff] - Red
    * \[06644bd2] - Green
    * \[65467b14] - Blue
    * \[318c675a] - Gray

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2010
    Abilities have such wide-ranging effects that there can't possibly be a comprehensive guide to them. You'll just have to find where in the scripts you want the ability to work, and put in some code. If your new ability is similar to an existing one, see how the existing one works and copy it.

So do you know where the abilities that affect battle (e.g attacks) can be located?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back