• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    I made a pokemart that sells poke balls, great balls, potions and antidotes but when i talked to the guy this came up:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Light and Dark
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Exception: SyntaxError
    (eval):4: syntax error
    PBItems::POKeBALL
    ^
    (eval):6: syntax error
    ***Full script:
    pbPokemonMart([
    PBItems::POTION,
    PBItems::ANTIDOTE
    PBItems::GREATBALL
    ])

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • You need to have the ]) at the end of your script be on the same line as your Great Ball item. So like this.

pbPokemonMart([
    PBItems::ANTIDOTE
    PBItems::GREATBALL])

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    I'm still having problems. I have a new tileset i'm using but when I walk in the grass, no wild pokemon attack me and when I go over ledges, I don't jump. I used the built in terrain tag editor but that didn't work. How to I get my tileset to be the one that comes up when you edit the terrain tags in the editor?

Years
  • Can anyone give a brief tutorial on how to make a playable Pokemon main character that aint invisible :D sorry so noob at RPG atm

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Well, at default, the actor's all blank. For actor data to be there, a script command needs to occur to define what the hero will be (Such as a boy or a girl).

Looking at the intro event in the example game, that function appears to be:

Code:
    pbChangePlayer(0)

The number goes from 0-3, 0 being PlayerA and 3 being PlayerD

So you need to make a Call Script that does that script command. You can edit specific names and sprites of what that player choice would be by going into Metadata -> Global within Editor.exe.

If all seems lost, just follow what the example game's intro is like.

Last edited:

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    I fixed my other problem, but I just have a question. i was looking at CNG's tutorial for making dual screens and touch screen menues.The dual screen script worked fine, but I'm not sure where the update method part of the script is for you to see the cursor. Also, when I try to make a button, I get an error: Script 'Dual Screen' line 101: NoMethodError orccured. undefinedmethod 'x=' for nil:Nilclass. How do I fix this? Am I just putting the script for the button in the wrong place?(dual screen script)
    '

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    can anyone answer my question?? :(

im using pokemon essentials with rpg maker xp, and when i test play the game i created, i cant see my players sprite, it invisible, what is the problem and how can i fix this up?

can anyone answer my question?? :(

im using pokemon essentials with rpg maker xp, and when i test play the game i created, i cant see my players sprite, it invisible, what is the problem and how can i fix this up?

im using Reds sprite if that helps...

Last edited:

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • can anyone answer my question?? :(

im using Reds sprite if that helps...

I answered this same question earlier (Just read a few posts up ~), so I'll just quote what I said to ProdigyX.

Well, at default, the actor's all blank. For actor data to be there, a script command needs to occur to define what the hero will be (Such as a boy or a girl).

Looking at the intro event in the example game, that function appears to be:

Code:
    pbChangePlayer(0)

The number goes from 0-3, 0 being PlayerA and 3 being PlayerD

So you need to make a Call Script that does that script command. You can edit specific names and sprites of what that player choice would be by going into Metadata -> Global within Editor.exe.

If all seems lost, just follow what the example game's intro is like.

For your case, just have some event with Autostart (Like the intro event on the example game) and make sure you have a Call Script with "pbChangePlayer(0)" in it (without the quotes). Then have the event either erase itself or transport to some other map so it won't be looping. If all seems lost, follow the intro event in the example game and everything will go fine~

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • Two questions, both regarding battler sprites:

1. Is there a way I can make the battle sprites 2x in the script instead of having to manually edit them all to 2x?

2. GIF files, when used as battlers, are not transparent apart from the first frame, even when they've been made transparent using something like Photoshop. Is there a reason?

Thanks,
    Boon

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Two questions, both regarding battler sprites:

1. Is there a way I can make the battle sprites 2x in the script instead of having to manually edit them all to 2x?

2. GIF files, when used as battlers, are not transparent apart from the first frame, even when they've been made transparent using something like Photoshop. Is there a reason?

Thanks,
    Boon

1. There probably would have to be some part in the script that would double their size. But I frankly don't know where you can find that. However, I do know of a way you can double the size of the files without actually going into each and every single file doubling the Image Size and all...

If you have Photoshop, you can create an automated Action using Image Size set to 200% x 200% Nearest Neighbor. Then you go to File > Automate... > Batch and presto~ Select the folder your files are in, let it Save and Close, and bam, you pretty much saved a long time hour of work.

Details here. https://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/free-yourself-with-automate-batch

If you're lost or you don't have Photoshop, you can always ask me to do this for you. xD I don't really mind, just uh, private message or visitor message me about it, if you'd like.

If there's someone that can actually modify the script to scale up the images in RMXP, then be my guest. o:

2. I frankly don't know about this one, since .gif's weren't naturally available for RMXP. :x The Notes do have a section about .gif's, but I'm not sure if that's what you need to fix that transparency thing... Sorry.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • 1. There probably would have to be some part in the script that would double their size. But I frankly don't know where you can find that. However, I do know of a way you can double the size of the files without actually going into each and every single file doubling the Image Size and all...

If you have Photoshop, you can create an automated Action using Image Size set to 200% x 200% Nearest Neighbor. Then you go to File > Automate... > Batch and presto~ Select the folder your files are in, let it Save and Close, and bam, you pretty much saved a long time hour of work.

Details here. https://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/free-yourself-with-automate-batch

If you're lost or you don't have Photoshop, you can always ask me to do this for you. xD I don't really mind, just uh, private message or visitor message me about it, if you'd like.

If there's someone that can actually modify the script to scale up the images in RMXP, then be my guest. o:

2. I frankly don't know about this one, since .gif's weren't naturally available for RMXP. :x The Notes do have a section about .gif's, but I'm not sure if that's what you need to fix that transparency thing... Sorry.

Thank you for your reply :)

It doesn't seem to work for GIFs either, which is problematic :(

I'm trying to make a kit to support black and white features in RM but animated gifs are the only problem so far :(

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024

thanks.
    Have you changed the start point for intro map? Instead of done this change the teleport on intro map event.

You need to have the ]) at the end of your script be on the same line as your Great Ball item. So like this.

pbPokemonMart([
    PBItems::ANTIDOTE,
    PBItems::POKeBALL,
    PBItems::GREATBALL])
    You forget two ",":
    pbPokemonMart([
    PBItems::ANTIDOTE,
    PBItems::POKeBALL,
    PBItems::GREATBALL]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Someone can help me with anyone of this questions?
    1-
    I want to do a old style item PC without Mailbox. But if I call pbPCItemStorage without a Kernel.pbMessage after, the games freeze! Why? There a fix without I need to use Kernel.pbMessage?
    I need to put:
    Code:
    command=1
        loop do
          (command==1 || command==-1) ? pbPCItemStorage : break
          command=Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Exit?"),[_INTL("YES"),_INTL("NO")],-1)
        end

2-
    Has anyone manage to get the bridges working? I can pass for up, but when I try to pass under bridge my characters end surf and got freezie under bridge!

3-How everyone encrypted the Demos in a way that the PBS got compiled too? Any tips will be appreciated.

4-I didn't know if this is a error or not, but if you create a secret map area and put pokémon encounters in it you can see that area via "Area" pokédex command. Someone had a fix for it?

5-Anyone had any anti-lag tips for maps like don't make them huge or put many events? I had lag trouble.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • 3) I'm pretty sure that once the game is compiled you can delete the PBS files. I may be wrong, though.

5) For anti-lag, you should just use the April version of Essentials. It doesn't lag as much as others do.

As for your other questions, I don't really have an answer for them, sorry.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Still working on the glitch where pokemon other than the last one to battle won't learn new moves when they level up.
    Sorry for the wait, but I finally got it working right. It was affecting other things besides learning moves as well, such as displaying the stat increases. There's a reference to battler.pokemon that doesn't work (but doesn't throw an error), and replacing it with thispoke fixes it. So in PokeBattle_Battle (around line 2050) look for:
    Code:
    if battler.pokemon && @internalbattle
              battler.pokemon.happiness+=2
              battler.pokemon.happiness=255 if battler.pokemon.happiness>255
             end
    and change every instance of battler.pokemon to thispoke. Also, remove the battler.pokemon from the first line, since "if thispoke && @internalbattle" doesn't work either. Just leave @internalbattle.

@desbrina: there is a chance that the above MIGHT fix your problem, but don't get your hopes up just yet, since I haven't tested that to make sure.

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Okay, I need a little help.

For my own Project, I'm trying to make an NPC play the "!" animation (Like Trainers do, just without the rest of the process). Sadly, everything I've tried had simply caused a crash. Any help here?

Also, is there any script or anything that I could use to change the encounters for a map during game play? Say for example I wanted an area to change wild encounters if a certain switch is on, or when a player touches an event. Is this possible?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    3) I'm pretty sure that once the game is compiled you can delete the PBS files. I may be wrong, though.

5) For anti-lag, you should just use the April version of Essentials. It doesn't lag as much as others do.

As for your other questions, I don't really have an answer for them, sorry.
    3-Thank, I the last week something tell me but I forget to take of in my questions

5-Yeah, I am using this version, but I need help for map lag. I have two maps, both without events, one is 100x300 and another is 400x400. In April 2010 version, when I go to the bottom of the 100x300 the game FPS drops to 10 but in the 400x400 the FPS won't drop! When I am testing the SAME 100x300 map in November 2009 the FPS have no drops!

Okay, I need a little help.

For my own Project, I'm trying to make an NPC play the "!" animation (Like Trainers do, just without the rest of the process). Sadly, everything I've tried had simply caused a crash. Any help here?

Also, is there any script or anything that I could use to change the encounters for a map during game play? Say for example I wanted an area to change wild encounters if a certain switch is on, or when a player touches an event. Is this possible?
    Are you editing the Trainer Event or using the Event command "Show Animation" and animation 17?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Okay, I need a little help.

For your first question, change the event's name to Trainer(X) where X is how far away the NPC should notice you. Then add Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0)) in a script command. Worked for me. Oh, but make sure the event is set to "Event Touch" or it won't do anything.

For the second problem, I can't really give a definitive answer without playing around with it a bit, but if you look in PokemonEncounters, you can likely set an if statement for the switch you're turning on to change the data from being read from the txt file (look for instances of data=load_data("Data/encounters.dat"), to reading from an array or possibly a different txt file or whatever you can think of. You'd probably have to play with the compiler if you use a different txt file, which would be a pain, but I don't now for sure.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back