• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2015
    It's not neccesary a script to create those Pokeballs, just create them in items.txt from the PBS folder, and following the instructions from the notes.html file.

Talking about the notes.html file, I have a question, about the "Supplied Name for a Person" instructions.

I understand how to supply a name for a rival for example, I've tried that and it works perfectly, but also I want to supply a name for a "second rival", so I tried to do that by putting again the script next to the first rival name section, but it didnt work.

Is there a method to supply a name for a second rival? and how to do that?
    I already add item's name,internal name for the balls.I only want a script to make it work.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • That's what I ended up having to do, as the editor isn't coded to accept 160x160 pokemon, only 128x128.

That seems really tiresome.

There IS a line which defines standard Y-postion in PokeBattle_Actualscene, y'know.

It's close to line 720 for Pokemon sent out in battles, and
    close to line 1585, where they're referred to as "Pokemon1" and "Pokemon3".
    I don't remeber wether it's 1 or 3 that is the enemy, though, so you'll have to try, but THOSE are the lines you two are looking for.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • A question; WHY does everyone believe the editor can't be fixed or adjusted? Editor.EXE is a normal RMXP project, edited to read from \Data\EditorScripts.rxdata
    If you rename EditorScripts.rxdata to just Scripts.rxdata , then you can edit, and even test the editor from RMXP by loading your normal projects. The scripts are set up just like the actual Pokemon Essentials game. It's not hard to work with!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I can vaguely imagine what the fix for secret area nest displays would be (it can also depend on the switch used to decide whether to show that map point or not), but I haven't looked into it yet. It'll probably end up being a bug fix, because secret areas are supposed to be hidden until their switch is ON. Once it's up it'll be on the Region map wiki page.
    I manage to fix the Secret Area bug that show the secret area in pokédex even with the switch off! In PokemonArea change
    Code:
     for enc in encdata.keys
      enctypes=encdata[enc][1]
      if pbFindEncounter(enctypes,species)
       mappos=pbGetMetadata(enc,MetadataMapPosition)
       points.push(mappos) if mappos
       end
     end

to:

Code:
     for enc in encdata.keys
      enctypes=encdata[enc][1]
      if mappos!=nil
       for loc in @map[2]
        if loc[0]==mappos[1] && loc[1]==mappos[2]
         if !loc[7] || $game_switches[loc[7]]
          if pbFindEncounter(enctypes,species)
           points.push(mappos) if mappos
          end
         end
        end
       end
      end

Speaking of bug fixes, I have another one people wanted: the bug where levelling up and move learning didn't work properly for non-battlers in battles.

The solution is on the wiki Battles page, and once again it is very simple.
    I thinks that this bug won't occurs on 4/3/10 version and before ones.

But that shows it at the wrong resolution and graphics. Besides, I don't want to do that for hundreds of Pokémon.
    Try in editor "Reposition All", this edit all pokémon in txt, if you use an old version, download the last one, use the reposition and copy/past the pokemon.txt

Ok, so... I have an issue...
    My Pokedex works all fine and dandy when i acces it from the menu.
    But when i catch a new pokemon, and it displays the new dex info, everything is shifted to the right ... a lot. It's in the right spot, on the y axis. But on the x axis it's all shifted.

Any idea what i can do to fix this? Why it's doing it, or what part of the scripts i should be looking at? I have no idea :/
    I thinks pbStartDexEntryScene in PokemonPokedex script.

It's not neccesary a script to create those Pokeballs, just create them in items.txt from the PBS folder, and following the instructions from the notes.html file.

Talking about the notes.html file, I have a question, about the "Supplied Name for a Person" instructions.

I understand how to supply a name for a rival for example, I've tried that and it works perfectly, but also I want to supply a name for a "second rival", so I tried to do that by putting again the script next to the first rival name section, but it didnt work.

Is there a method to supply a name for a second rival? and how to do that?
    The same that the first one, but instead of using "???" use other string like "!!!" and change the switch that save the string name.

A question; WHY does everyone believe the editor can't be fixed or adjusted? Editor.EXE is a normal RMXP project, edited to read from \Data\EditorScripts.rxdata
    If you rename EditorScripts.rxdata to just Scripts.rxdata , then you can edit, and even test the editor from RMXP by loading your normal projects. The scripts are set up just like the actual Pokemon Essentials game. It's not hard to work with!
    It's really a useful tip, thanks.

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    To call it (including the name of the movie) use $scene = Scene_Movie.new("YourMovie"). It will look for the movie with that name in the Movies folder (the folder should be in the main game directory with the .exe file). However, I don't know that the movie script has been corrected in the newest version or not. There was a problem with the videos closing. If you find that to be an issue with your version, look for if Input.trigger?(Input::B), and add movie.call("close FILE",0,0,0) right below it.
    I did this but when I run the event, the event skips over it and I can't make it run!

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I did this but when I run the event, the event skips over it and I can't make it run!
    Is it the only thing in the event, or are there some other procedures involved (like conditional branches, setting self switches, etc.)? I have it working in my project with only that command by itself in the event. If it's not working despite being in a new event by itself, then the movie's file type is not supported, or you may have a problem with your movie script.

Atomic Reactor

Is there a way i can edit the battle animations like in a script.. so that when the enemy uses a move, the animation is reflected correctly? or is this just something i can't fix lol

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Is it the only thing in the event, or are there some other procedures involved (like conditional branches, setting self switches, etc.)? I have it working in my project with only that command by itself in the event. If it's not working despite being in a new event by itself, then the movie's file type is not supported, or you may have a problem with your movie script.

I think it's the type of video that's not supported. Can you possibly post your movie script so that I can see if mine is the right one?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I think it's the type of video that's not supported. Can you possibly post your movie script so that I can see if mine is the right one?
    Here's the one I have (including the fix):
    Code:
    ###########################################################
    class Scene_Movie
    #Created by SoundSpawn
    #Fixed by Popper
    #Instruction
    #  1) Movies must in in a new folder called Movies in your directory
    #  2)If you call this script from and event (EG: Call Script: $scene = Scene_Movie.new("INTRO") )
    #  3) Have fun playin movies with this script!!!

def initialize(movie)
      @movie_name = RTP.getPath("Movies\\"+movie+".avi").gsub(/\//,"\\")
    end

def main
      @temp = Win32API.pbFindRgssWindow.to_s
      movie = Win32API.new('winmm','mciSendString','%w(p,p,l,l)','V')
      x=movie.call("open \""+@movie_name+"\" alias FILE style 1073741824 parent " + @temp.to_s,0,0,0)
      @message = Win32API.new('user32','SendMessage','%w(l,l,l,l)','V')
      @detector = Win32API.new('user32','GetSystemMetrics','%w(l)','L')
      @width = @detector.call(0)
      if @width == 640
        #fullscreen
        Graphics.update
        sleep(0.1)
        Graphics.update
        sleep(0.1)
        Graphics.update
        sleep(0.1)
        #fullscreen
      end
      status = " " * 255
      x=movie.call("play FILE",0,0,0)
      loop do
        sleep(0.1)
        @message.call(@temp.to_i,11,0,0)
        Graphics.update
        @message.call(@temp.to_i,11,1,0)
        Input.update
        movie.call("status FILE mode",status,255,0)
        true_status = status.unpack("aaaa")
        if true_status.to_s != "play"
          break
        end
        if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
          movie.call("close FILE",0,0,0) #added to make movies stop playing
          $scene = Scene_Map.new
          break
        end
      end
      $scene = Scene_Map.new
    end
    end

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Hello, I have some questions about some bugs that I encoundered. First of all I am using a modified version of PokemonSummary of DS kit (modified by me) and I am getting some errors. The first error is that when I press the down button from the arrow keys I am getting this error
    Spoiler:

Also I have some questions which I wrote on the picture I uploaded with my PokemonSummary script
    Can anybody help me with this? (Only with the error message, I have found how to make the image thing)

Atomic Reactor

If you're using the DS kit, wouldn't it make more sense to post in the thread you got it from? Not trying to be rude... But i feel like you'd get more help there. :/

Does anyone know how to make it so instead of the sprites sliding in to place when the battle starts, how would i make it so they just show up there?

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • The same that the first one, but instead of using "???" use other string like "!!!" and change the switch that save the string name.

I've tried that, but I don't know if I made it wrong, or if it doesn't work actually, I'll put a fragment of the PokemonTrainers script from my proyect, so you could verify what could be my mistake.

Code:
    def pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,partyid=0)
     success=false
     items=[]
     party=[]
     opponent=nil
     trainers=load_data("Data/trainers.dat")
     for trainer in trainers
       name=trainer[1]
       thistrainerid=trainer[0]
       thispartyid=trainer[4]
       next if trainerid!=thistrainerid || name!=trainername || partyid!=thispartyid
       items=trainer[2].clone
       name=pbGetMessageFromHash(MessageTypes::TrainerNames,name)
       if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL && trainername=="???"
         name=$game_variables[50] # Replace 50 with the variable number for the name
         if trainerid==PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Male && trainername=="!!!"
           name=$game_variables[42] # Replace 42 with the variable number for the name
         end
       end

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Sorry to keep asking questions, but I'm having trouble with my map connections. When I put two maps side by side, when you walk halfway across one map, you jump randomly into the one it has been connected too, and the sprite dissapears. The player can move, but you can't see the sprite and it doesn't recognise my passage settings. Basically, you jump from one map to the other in the wrong place and get stuck. I can't fix it :/ are there known problems for the visual editor like this?

Reposting because I didn't get help.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Code:
    def pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,partyid=0)
     success=false
     items=[]
     party=[]
     opponent=nil
     trainers=load_data("Data/trainers.dat")
     for trainer in trainers
       name=trainer[1]
       thistrainerid=trainer[0]
       thispartyid=trainer[4]
       next if trainerid!=thistrainerid || name!=trainername || partyid!=thispartyid
       items=trainer[2].clone
       name=pbGetMessageFromHash(MessageTypes::TrainerNames,name)
         if trainerid==PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Male && trainername=="!!!"
         end
       end

Try this:

Code:
      elsif trainerid==PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Male && trainername=="!!!"
      end
    Your code only checks for PkMnTRAINER_Male if trainerid already equals RIVAL - it can never be true.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I am having a problem with Pokemon Essentials Online. I know that this is not the thread for it, but since they are similar, I thought that I'd be able to get help here. This is the error message I get whenever I enter a battle
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials : Online
    Script 'Interpreter' line 279: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 13, map 25 (Test Map 2):

Section072:270:in `initialize'undefined method `getConst' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x9fb0fa0>

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonTrainers:459:in `new'

PokemonTrainers:459:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:793:in `eval'

Interpreter:793:in `command_111'

Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

OK   
    I've been trying to fix it, but I'm not too good with Ruby, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Is anyone willing to help me?.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • Problem solved. Thank you, FL . and Sichlor :)

Another question, I was wondering if there is a method to change the sprite of a trainer for a moment in the game.

For example, in RGBY, the Rival occasionally changes his battle sprite, one for the beggining, the second when you meet him into the S.S. Anne, and finally in the last battle when he is the Pokemon League Champion.

Do I need a script to make that possible, or there's a more simple method?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    Problem solved. Thank you, FL . and Sichlor :)

Another question, I was wondering if there is a method to change the sprite of a trainer for a moment in the game.

For example, in RGBY when the Rival occassionaly changes his battle sprite, one for the beggining, the second when you meet him into the SS. Anne, and finally in the last battle when he is the Pokemon League Champion.

Do I need a script to make that possible, or there's a more simple method?

I'm not sure about it, but couldn't you just make different versions of the trainer with their team that they have for the moment and the different sprite?

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • I'm not sure about it, but couldn't you just make different versions of the trainer with their team that they have for the moment and the different sprite?

My reason is that the rivals of my proyect have to be named by the player at the beginning of the game, so if I create other versions of those rivals, they won't grab the names given by the player because those names are defined by variables for each one.

To create other versions of my rivals with the different sprites, I would have to create other trainer types, but they won't grab the names given to the originals...

Well... That was the best I could explain for now. :\

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    My reason is that the rivals of my proyect have to be named by the player at the beginning of the game, so if I create other versions of those rivals, they won't grab the names given by the player because those names are defined by variables for each one.

To create other versions of my rivals with the different sprites, I would have to create other trainer types, but they won't grab the names given to the originals...

Well... That was the best I could explain for now. :\

Here's what I did:

Code:
       if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL && trainername=="GARY"
         name=$game_variables[48] # Replace 48 with the variable number for the name
       end
       if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL2 && trainername=="GARY"
       end
       if trainerid==PBTrainers::CHAMPION_GARY && trainername=="GARY"
       end

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    Code:
    Pokemon Essentials : Online
    Script 'Interpreter' line 279: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 13, map 25 (Test Map 2):

Section072:270:in `initialize'undefined method `getConst' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x9fb0fa0>

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)

PokemonTrainers:459:in `new'

PokemonTrainers:459:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:793:in `eval'

Interpreter:793:in `command_111'

Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

OK   
    Can anyone help me with this?

EDIT: I fixed it. the fix was on page 7 of the Pokemon Essentials Online thread.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back