• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    If I'm not mistaken you have to open the metadata text file and remove the quotations around the backgrounds name.
    That's a known problem, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Oh... Thanks for the information. Another question where do the pictures for berry plants go? and what format do they need to be in?
    They don't. The berry planting system in Essentials is very basic, and doesn't use graphics yet. Hopefully they will be added in at some point, once I figure out how and have the graphics.

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    They don't. The berry planting system in Essentials is very basic, and doesn't use graphics yet. Hopefully they will be added in at some point, once I figure out how and have the graphics.
    Alright. I was thinking about using berry plants, I havent used them in my game yet so I didn't know, but couldn't find them. Anyway thanks for the information and thanks for the new version of essentials i just finished upgrading. I really needed the new pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Quick question:
    I updated my project so that it used the newest version on essentials, and I'd like to know if anyone knows where I could find how to use the Pokemon nest feature.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I used the Gen2 style of berry plants, and it worked out pretty well.
    I prefer non-selfdestructing berry plants, actually. Just have them regenerate a random number of berries every day or so, and that'll be fine. It's not as though anyone will actually get into berry farming in a fangame, considering how long they take to grow (let alone water).

Quick question:
    I updated my project so that it used the newest version on essentials, and I'd like to know if anyone knows where I could find how to use the Pokemon nest feature.
    It's basically the region map but it shows where wild Pokémon can be encountered. If a map where you can encounter an Ekans has the metadata saying it belongs to a particular square on the region map, then that square will show as Ekans' nest when you look in the Pokédex. There's nothing really to do with it.

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    So I made a "Safari Zone" using the newest version of essentials, and everything worked fine until I caught a pokemon. When I caught the pokemon it added it's pokedex data, asked me if I wanted to give it a nickname, then crashed the game. I was in test mode. Why is this happening?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    So I made a "Safari Zone" using the newest version of essentials, and everything worked fine until I caught a pokemon. When I caught the pokemon it added it's pokedex data, asked me if I wanted to give it a nickname, then crashed the game. I was in test mode. Why is this happening?
    I believe this error is noted in the wiki, but I'm not sure anybody has a fix for it yet. It's caused by @peer or something not being defined for safari zone battles.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I prefer non-selfdestructing berry plants, actually. Just have them regenerate a random number of berries every day or so, and that'll be fine. It's not as though anyone will actually get into berry farming in a fangame, considering how long they take to grow (let alone water).

Well, mine just generate 1 berry every 24 hours or until the next day starts. Nothin' fancy, just something to get the job done.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I prefer non-selfdestructing berry plants, actually. Just have them regenerate a random number of berries every day or so, and that'll be fine. It's not as though anyone will actually get into berry farming in a fangame, considering how long they take to grow (let alone water).

It's basically the region map but it shows where wild Pokémon can be encountered. If a map where you can encounter an Ekans has the metadata saying it belongs to a particular square on the region map, then that square will show as Ekans' nest when you look in the Pokédex. There's nothing really to do with it.

thanks, that's what I thought. Might be why it crashes everytime I go to the pokemon starter's pokedex entry. he doesnt appear in the wild.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    thanks, that's what I thought. Might be why it crashes everytime I go to the pokemon starter's pokedex entry. he doesnt appear in the wild.
    It shouldn't crash, though. It should just show the region map with no glowing squares, with the message "Area unknown".

What version of Essentials are you using?

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    Nevermind I figured it out, but is there a way to stop the game from crashing when I catch a pokémon in the safari zone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    It shouldn't crash, though. It should just show the region map with no glowing squares, with the message "Area unknown".

What version of Essentials are you using?

2011-07-26, I got it on the Wikia.

Here's the message I get when it crashes:
    Spoiler:

I'm thinking that I didn't correctly upgrade my project and that I overwrited something important.

I'm looking into it right now

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    Sorry that this is a VERY stupid question, but how do I take a screenshot?

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    Thanks Rai Rai, but I had already figured it out by the time you posted.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    I changed the resolution of my game and reduced it to 50%. I was wondering if there was a way to configure the kit to ignore resizing pictures, and just display them as is (I want to do the resizing myself in photoshop).

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2011
    Hello, sorry for the errors which I make, I am French and does not write very well in English.
    I began to create a gamefrom the pokemon essential kit, I shall like changing the words which display in the menu in the game. For example, " speed ", money " etc. to translate them. It is possible?

Thanks!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    It's possible to create those events in Essentials?

- A "Hall of Fame-like" cutscene event, with the trainer's pokémon team in it.
    - A character-like event that could tell you the happiness of your Pokémon.
    1-I use a mod of https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238626
    2-Use the script:
    Code:
    pbChoosePokemon(ZZZ,3)
    $game_variables[ZZZ]=pbGetPokemon(ZZZ).happiness
    To show in textbox use \v[ZZZ]
    Change ZZZ for some variable.
    Be sure to check if this choice is cancelled or if this pokémon is an egg.

That's a known problem, and I have no idea how to fix it.
    Try to edit the editor, to do this use:
    A question; WHY does everyone believe the editor can't be fixed or adjusted? Editor.EXE is a normal RMXP project, edited to read from \Data\EditorScripts.rxdata
    If you rename EditorScripts.rxdata to just Scripts.rxdata , then you can edit, and even test the editor from RMXP by loading your normal projects. The scripts are set up just like the actual Pokemon Essentials game. It's not hard to work with!

Hello, sorry for the errors which I make, I am French and does not write very well in English.
    I began to create a gamefrom the pokemon essential kit, I shall like changing the words which display in the menu in the game. For example, " speed ", money " etc. to translate them. It is possible?

Thanks!
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Translating_the_game

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I changed the resolution of my game and reduced it to 50%. I was wondering if there was a way to configure the kit to ignore resizing pictures, and just display them as is (I want to do the resizing myself in photoshop).
    Nope. Just resize those pictures to double size instead. Everything in Essentials is double size, which of course is halved if you're using an eye-strain screen size.

Try to edit the editor, to do this use:
    Yes, I know how to get to the External Editor scripts. I'm saying I don't know how to change the way those bits of text are written to the PBS files (i.e. make them write without the quote marks).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back