• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill™

Random Guy
Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    Maruno, I looked at the wiki but I don't see a way to keep the game from crashing when I catch a Pokémon in the safari zone. Do you know how to do it, also I made a page about how to set battlebacks since people keep asking about it.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • I need a script to keep the Treecko and Squirtle in my game that you receive near the beginning to not be able to evolve, like they're holding infinite everstones or something :P It is a mystery dungeon game, and I realized that the evolution battle sprites would conflict with the OWs.

Any help is appreciated.

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012
    Well you could edit the species and delete where they evolve or set the level they need to evolve to 101 but this would work on all treeckos and squirtles not just the ones you play as

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I need a script to keep the Treecko and Squirtle in my game that you receive near the beginning to not be able to evolve, like they're holding infinite everstones or something :P It is a mystery dungeon game, and I realized that the evolution battle sprites would conflict with the OWs.

Any help is appreciated.
    change the line "return -1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:EVERSTONE)" to "return -1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:EVERSTONE)||pokemon.obtainMap==ZZZ"

Where ZZZ is a map id where only these pokémon can be obtained. Don't let the player to hatch eggs on this map!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Maruno, I looked at the wiki but I don't see a way to keep the game from crashing when I catch a Pokémon in the safari zone. Do you know how to do it, also I made a page about how to set battlebacks since people keep asking about it.
    I haven't looked at the Safari Zone yet, but as I'm one of apparently few who actually likes it, I'll definitely look into it at some point.

Thanks for the wiki contribution!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    when i start in the home town of my game the day and night system work but when i go on another map it doesn't work help?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    Hmm, I would like to pose a question.

What is the script for the VS Sequence for gym leaders?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    I haven't looked at the Safari Zone yet, but as I'm one of apparently few who actually likes it, I'll definitely look into it at some point.
    I looked at the script and figured out a quick fix; however, I haven't tested it very much to see if there are any other problems.

in the script section PokeBattle_SafariZone one will find a class by the same name. Add the highlighted areas to the class:
    Code:
    class PokeBattle_SafariZone
     attr_accessor :environment
     attr_accessor :party1
     attr_accessor :party2
     [S-HIGHLIGHT]attr_accessor :peer
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT] attr_reader :player
     include PokeBattle_BattleCommon
     def initialize(scene,player,party2)
      [S-HIGHLIGHT]@peer=PokeBattle_BattlePeer.create()
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT]  @scene=scene
      @party2=party2
      @player=player
    Edit: I don't use the most updated version of essentials (I believe I have the Sept 2010 version with many modifications by others and myself).

Last edited:

Bill™

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2012

Thanks for the wiki contribution!
    Yea I don't think that anyone has made a game with essentials that has a safari zone, unless there is one in Lightning Yellow.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • I have a strange problem. I just downloaded the newer version of essentials, 26 July. And every time I see: Continue
    PLAYER Dap
    etc..
    -------------
    Can someone solve this for me?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    I have a strange problem. I just downloaded the newer version of essentials, 26 July. And every time I see: Continue
    PLAYER Dap
    etc..
    -------------
    It's not a problem I think that's part of the design. cause for me it shows continue Trewdar

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    @KingSnivy

You must go to script: SpriteResizer

And search this:

@@width=
    @@height =

I this place you set your width and height screen.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    when i start in the home town of my game the day and night system work but when i go on another map it doesn't work help?
    Have you made sure those other maps are classified as Outdoor maps?

Hmm, I would like to pose a question.

What is the script for the VS Sequence for gym leaders?
    There isn't one.

I looked at the script and figured out a quick fix; however, I haven't tested it very much to see if there are any other problems.

in the script section PokeBattle_SafariZone one will find a class by the same name. Add the highlighted areas to the class:
    Code:
    class PokeBattle_SafariZone
     attr_accessor :environment
     attr_accessor :party1
     attr_accessor :party2
     [S-HIGHLIGHT]attr_accessor :peer
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT] attr_reader :player
     include PokeBattle_BattleCommon
     def initialize(scene,player,party2)
      [S-HIGHLIGHT]@peer=PokeBattle_BattlePeer.create()
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT]  @scene=scene
      @party2=party2
      @player=player
    Edit: I don't use the most updated version of essentials (I believe I have the Sept 2010 version with many modifications by others and myself).
    Thanks for the help. I'll look into this some more when I get time.

I have a strange problem. I just downloaded the newer version of essentials, 26 July. And every time I see: Continue
    PLAYER Dap
    etc..
    -------------
    I've attached a screenshot of what I have. Essentials has always shown this (although all in capitals previously). Are you getting something different?

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    i keep getting this error, but i havent actually edited anything within that script... any ideas what could be causing it, it comes up when a wild battle is supposed to happen

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Have you made sure those other maps are classified as Outdoor maps?

There isn't one.

Thanks for the help. I'll look into this some more when I get time.

I've attached a screenshot of what I have. Essentials has always shown this (although all in capitals previously). Are you getting something different?

how do i classify a map as an outdoor map?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back