• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging_Lugia

ProjectPokemon Member
Years
  • i need help, can you put custom sprites on pokemon diamond?
    if so how do you do this as i have wicked sprites to put on

Years
  • i need help, can you put custom sprites on pokemon diamond?
    if so how do you do this as i have wicked sprites to put on
    Goto Simple questions for this one, it has nothing to do with scripting...

I've made some changes. There are over 1000 flags you can use. As a rule of thumb anywhere from 200-400 and 1000+ are ok to use.
    Okay, I've made the flag changes, but the movement doesn't work, and the hidesprite doesn't apply unless you walk on the script again.... and if you step there a third time, you freeze...

I have it compiled, not much is changed:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

lriley777

Pokemon hacker lv.100
    Years
  • Im seriously not a good scripter. I know nothing about it. I need help. could someone please add me as a contact and be my teacher? I really need alot of help for my hack

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Goto Simple questions for this one, it has nothing to do with scripting...

Okay, I've made the flag changes, but the movement doesn't work, and the hidesprite doesn't apply unless you walk on the script again.... and if you step there a third time, you freeze...

I have it compiled, not much is changed:
    Spoiler:
    Dunno if you noticed but the last 3 lines changed.
    Spoiler:
    Copy and paste that exactly and check your people numbers.

Im seriously not a good scripter. I know nothing about it. I need help. could someone please add me as a contact and be my teacher? I really need alot of help for my hack
    Its not that hard, it just takes a bit of time. The tutorials here are really good, try reading some of them.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hey. I need to know if there is a way to prompt for the rival's name? I'd like to have a way to set his name outside of the introduction .
    Theres definitely no easy way through scripting. As a rule of thumb, if it doesn't occur in the original games then there won't be a way to do it via scripting. What I mean is that there is no event to rename the rival in FR/LG/R/S/E so why would Nintendo make it possible?

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2008
    This script on works which the problem?

#include stdpoke.rbh

#org 0xABCDEF
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0xABBCDE
    boxset 6
    showpokepic PKMN_CELEBI 0xA 0x3
    hidepokepic
    release
    end
    #org 0xABBCDE
    = uhm...c'e qualcosa sulla\nroccia\pShaymin Dio Della Natura

This script on works which the problem?

#include stdpoke.rbh

#org 0xABCDEF
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0xABBCDE
    boxset 6
    showpokepic PKMN_CELEBI 0xA 0x3
    hidepokepic
    release
    end
    #org 0xABBCDE
    = uhm...c'e qualcosa sulla\nroccia\pShaymin Dio Della Natura

Hep pls And urgent T_T
    It serves to me for mine hack

Last edited:

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
    Years
  • I have a question about scripting multichoice. So far I've got this (It's a long script, so I've left out the rest).

Code:
    msgbox mainbankspeech 'Hello and welcome to SafeCash Bank...
    callstd MSG_STANDARD
    multichoice 0x0 0x0 0x1 0x1
    CopyVar 0x1001 LASTRESULT
    Compare 0x1001 0x0
    If 0x1 Call @Withdraw
    Compare 0x1001 0x1
    If 0x2 Call @Deposit
    Compare 0x1001 0x2
    If 0x3 Call @Exit

But how do you change what displays as the choices in the multichoice box? That is the box actually has Withdraw, Deposit and Exit written out as choices.

Thanks

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I have a question about scripting multichoice. So far I've got this (It's a long script, so I've left out the rest).

Code:
    msgbox mainbankspeech 'Hello and welcome to SafeCash Bank...
    callstd MSG_STANDARD
    multichoice 0x0 0x0 0x1 0x1
    CopyVar 0x1001 LASTRESULT
    Compare 0x1001 0x0
    If 0x1 Call @Withdraw
    Compare 0x1001 0x1
    If 0x2 Call @Deposit
    Compare 0x1001 0x2
    If 0x3 Call @Exit

But how do you change what displays as the choices in the multichoice box? That is the box actually has Withdraw, Deposit and Exit written out as choices.

Thanks
    Search for it with A-Text and edit it there.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Is there a particular offset multichoice options are stored at for a specific ID #?
    Probably, it would make sense that they are located in the same place. Just search for one of them to get the offset (it'll say in A-Text) and then using a GBA Pokemon table you can see if they are.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    elow...
    since my question's related to scripting, I better post my question here. :P

In POKéMON Ruby, after we became 'champions' in the League, Latios will start flying around, right?
    Is there a flag for Latios to appear? If so, then what is it? :\

Thankies in advance~

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Thanks. Sorry if I'm being stupid, but whats a GBA Pokemon table? Is it like a hex editor or script editor or something?
    It just gives a hex value another value. Such as 0xCD is "A" in table 1 but in table 2 0xCD is "G". Its easier not to deal with those, just use A-Text.

elow...

In POKéMON Ruby, after we became 'champions' in the League, Latios will start flying around, right?

Thankies in advance~
    Probably, either that or its a special. Just decompile the champion's script (its probably actually in the level script of the room where you register) using XSE or PKSV.

Years
  • elow...

Thankies in advance~

Well, the Ruby TV script behaviour script is found at 0x1A6E72. There is this special, "special 0x129" but the problem with this is that you need to walk around for a long to actually know if that is the right thing.

Thanks. Sorry if I'm being stupid, but whats a GBA Pokemon table? Is it like a hex editor or script editor or something?

A table file allows for easier text editing in a hex editor.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Well, the Ruby TV script behaviour script is found at 0x1A6E72. There is this special, "special 0x129" but the problem with this is that you need to walk around for a long to actually know if that is the right thing.

so it's a special...? :\
    if so, then how can I deactivate it?

if it's a flag, the clearflag, right?
    but special?
    clearspecial?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back