• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
There's a magical thing called "flag".
.....(first script)
setflag 0x200

.....(second)
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @it_happened_man
#org @it_happened_man

i know about set flag but whats the offset of league rematch ?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
There's a magical thing called "flag".
.....(first script)
setflag 0x200

.....(second)
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @it_happened_man
#org @it_happened_man

i know about set flag but whats the offset of league rematch ?

Since it IS a hack, you don't need to follow Gamefreak 100%. Just create your own special flag for the league, or use a var. I'd go with a var now that I mentioned it. I'll jot this down for myself...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Since it IS a hack, you don't need to follow Gamefreak 100%. Just create your own special flag for the league, or use a var. I'd go with a var now that I mentioned it. I'll jot this down for myself...

i was trying not to change the pokemon league :3 anyways thanks :)

GoGoJJTech

Years
Why thank you for your abounding wisdom, good sir. Now, would you be so kind as to tell me where this routine is and/or possibly at what area I royally screwed up?

You could debug it. Maybe it's not the routine, maybe it's the extension... I know Jambo51's little byte change bugs out if the pokemon is trying to learn a move directly after evolving. Example:
*Mudkip evolves
*freezes
*changes marshtomp's time to learn MOD SHOT
*Mudkip evolves
*Doesn't freeze
Same could happen here I guess. Maybe the pokemon's trying to learn a move? idk

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
You could debug it. Maybe it's not the routine, maybe it's the extension... I know Jambo51's little byte change bugs out if the pokemon is trying to learn a move directly after evolving. Example:
*Mudkip evolves
*freezes
*changes marshtomp's time to learn MOD SHOT
*Mudkip evolves
*Doesn't freeze
Same could happen here I guess. Maybe the pokemon's trying to learn a move? idk

Tried it, the screen still went black after the stone went into the eevee :/

GoGoJJTech

Years
Tried it, the screen still went black after the stone went into the eevee :/

Then it's the routine. Try to debug it, then in a fresh FR ROM copy the data to your ROM. Then you have ensured fixed-ness.

Years
Yeah!

1: In the header tab, there are two spaces for names. The left allows you to choose the name, the right allows you to rename it. on the left, choose what you want.

2: tileset 1 is the max size. In the block editor (looks like a puzzle piece) click tilesets then change amount.

3: It's an a-map error. Just refresh or open the ROM again. MAKE SURE YOU'RE USING A-MAP 1.92 OR YOU'LL END UP LIKE THESE PEOPLE ON THIS PAGE.
OK for question number 2 & 3. Number 1 question, no, thats not what i mean. that i mean is at the left column that divided to Header, Connection List, and Map Files. How to separate the New Map that i created from Pallet Town?
Example : At Pallet Town Header List, there is contain map bank like (3.0), (4.0), (4.1), (4.2), (4.3). When i insert a new map with a new bank (43.0) it's fused to Pallet Town. So when its created, it's should be like this.

Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How do I know if it's okay to continue a hack from a SAV file? I don't want to start from the beginning every time a new beta releases.

It's best to ask the hacker/modder if it's safe.
In most hacks, loading a previous saved file into a new beta is fine, unless if the hacker specifies that players need to start all over again.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
OK for question number 2 & 3. Number 1 question, no, thats not what i mean. that i mean is at the left column that divided to Header, Connection List, and Map Files. How to separate the New Map that i created from Pallet Town?
Example : At Pallet Town Header List, there is contain map bank like (3.0), (4.0), (4.1), (4.2), (4.3). When i insert a new map with a new bank (43.0) it's fused to Pallet Town. So when its created, it's should be like this.

Spoiler:

I'm still confused.... You want it in the header right? Then after you make the map, you need to insert it. Then you can change the name as you please.

Years
I'm still confused.... You want it in the header right? Then after you make the map, you need to insert it. Then you can change the name as you please.

Ok. I'll explain my step. if anything wrong, please guide me.
Spoiler:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Ok. I'll explain my step. if anything wrong, please guide me.
Spoiler:

First, use 1.92. 1.95 is an unstable, unfinished beta.

2nd, after you have inserted the map, go into the header and look in the first section. There will be a left and a right box that both say palette town. On the left, that is a drop down box. Use that to change it to sky pillar. Then, save. Now, go to a different map. Next, come back. That will reload the name and it should be good.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Am I just blind or is there not a middle piece of the ledge tile (the ones you jump down but not up from) in Advance Map? I can't seem to find it anywhere! D:

You can just create your own if you can't find it. Plus the old Gamefreak tiles are so ugly

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Am I just blind or is there not a middle piece of the ledge tile (the ones you jump down but not up from) in Advance Map? I can't seem to find it anywhere! D:
If you are hacking Fire Red, then here is a screenshot of the original tileset:
ABpHs7L.png

And here is a screenshot of the middle-jumping-ledge piece:
iDjncIP.png

It is off to the top(ish) right of the tileset :)

GoGoJJTech

Years
If you are hacking Fire Red, then here is a screenshot of the original tileset:
ABpHs7L.png

And here is a screenshot of the middle-jumping-ledge piece:
iDjncIP.png

It is off to the top(ish) right of the tileset :)

Just an FYI, that's not an orignal FR ROM tileset0.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
This is probably an obvious answer but I look at hacking a different way, so I really dont know how to do this...
Take Pokémon Light Platinum for example. The graphics are much different then the original, and I an wondering how I can make graphics like this into my hack. Another example is Pokémon Victory Fire. Just wondering cause it's been bugging me for several months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back