• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I can't seem to find this "list". By A-text you mean Advance-text right? well I opened it up, and I saw a thing that said Nameoffset and Dataoffset and when I clicked on one there was nothing in this textborder. Where do I find this list because when I open the rom up in that it just gives me that.

dfgsdg.jpg

Does your A-Text look like this? (whitout colored lines)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Pkay, I am having a map overlapping problem. Some maps overlap themselves and others overlap others. Now, this only recently started happening (Which is right after I just inserted the new tileset). I have already tried reinserting the map and redoing the connections, and none of them have worked.

----->
    Could be because of You replacing Tiles on the tileset that have those specific tiles.(eg. I replaced the Grass tile with a roof and all the grass tiles became Roofs/Rooves whatever)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Ok thanks!Also where would I go about getting help for scripting?

______________________________________________EDIT_____________________________________________________
    I went to "Save Map As" and I saved it as ROUTE 103.PNG but when I went to upload it it said "The file "ROUTE 103.PNG.Map" does not have a valid image extension.
    Valid image extensions are: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp."

so what do I do?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    I'm hacking something, but after nicknaming my first pokemon, I'm prof. birch. It's in sapphire hack. When ever I try to fix the flowers in tileset 1, prof. Birch's lab, and I fix it, except switching character in the game. How do I fix this in the picture below?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I'm hacking something, but after nicknaming my first pokemon, I'm prof. birch. It's in sapphire hack. When ever I try to fix the flowers in tileset 1, prof. Birch's lab, and I fix it, except switching character in the game. How do I fix this in the picture below?

Ok now what?!please be more clear.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Ok thanks!Also where would I go about getting help for scripting?

______________________________________________EDIT_____________________________________________________
    I went to "Save Map As" and I saved it as ROUTE 103.PNG but when I went to upload it it said "The file "ROUTE 103.PNG.Map" does not have a valid image extension.
    Valid image extensions are: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp."

so what do I do?
    I see your problem already. You have 2 extensions. You have ".PNG" and ".Map" at the same time. You need to remove ".Map" so that it looks like this "ROUTE 103.PNG"

*still can't find Diamond Cutter*

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    to Blazikendude..,
    first, Save Map As... and just type in the name of that certain map, then, open it with Paint, and then save it again, but this time, change the extension file name to PNG or whatever.

Hope that helps. ;)
    Spoiler:

How can I change the pokemons of the trainer on fire red/green leaf?

use unlz-GBA... and please read the previous posts... ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    to Blazikendude..,
    first, Save Map As... and just type in the name of that certain map, then, open it with Paint, and then save it again, but this time, change the extension file name to PNG or whatever.

Hope that helps. ;)
    Spoiler:

use unlz-GBA... and please read the previous posts... ;)
    This tool does'nt work very well. Do you have another tool?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    This tool does'nt work very well. Do you have another tool?

Forgive me... But I know not of any tool that has the same function as Unlz-GBA... I guess you'll have to strive just to make it work. It's a very useful tool, btw, and so new hackers may find hacking difficult without this tool.
    (if they plan to change PKMN images, and tilesets...)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    Forgive me... But I know not of any tool that has the same function as Unlz-GBA... I guess you'll have to strive just to make it work. It's a very useful tool, btw, and so new hackers may find hacking difficult without this tool.
    (if they plan to change PKMN images, and tilesets...)
    Look.
    When I open room, the pictures in the tool don't look well.
    Why? There is any guide to this tool?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Look.
    When I open room, the pictures in the tool don't look well.
    Why? There is any guide to this tool?

I know.., but.., if you open Ruby, the PKMNs are around 560.., I think... And in FireRed, the PKMNs are around 1000 (not sure about FireRed)... For TRAINERs, 1300 in Ruby... I don't know about FireRed...

Years
  • I got a question...
    I want to change the palette from the tiles of digletts cave, in A-Map it says that it is palette 8 so I searched it in APE and changed the palette but it doesn't change
    Any help?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    How am I change the sprites of the pokemons in Fire Red/Leaf Green?

You have got to use unLZ gba, its the best tool out there unless you want to use Pokepic which can also change the pokemon sprites, If you want to import new pokemon sprites, click on the import button and import your indexed sprite or you can use the save as button and save it somwhere and edit it with paint, and then import it back into the rom.

~Celebi

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    You have got to use unLZ gba, its the best tool out there unless you want to use Pokepic which can also change the pokemon sprites, If you want to import new pokemon sprites, click on the import button and import your indexed sprite or you can use the save as button and save it somwhere and edit it with paint, and then import it back into the rom.

~Celebi
    But I can't recognize the pictures of the orginal pokemons in the tool.

neosam1212

わたしわ neosam1212 で?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2007
    Alright Poke-Roy, I was going to quote you but it wouldn't let me. Anyways, when I open up my firered rom in adavnce-text in the list it says Nameoffset and dataoffset.

EDIT: It may have something to do with a later version. When I do live update it says there is one available, but when I click download it says "Update failed". Is there somewhere I can get this "later version"?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alright Poke-Roy, I was going to quote you but it wouldn't let me. Anyways, when I open up my firered rom in adavnce-text in the list it says Nameoffset and dataoffset.

EDIT: It may have something to do with a later version. When I do live update it says there is one available, but when I click download it says "Update failed". Is there somewhere I can get this "later version"?

this is the one I have..A Text

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back