• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hey, is there a list that tells you which D/P pokemon have the same palette as The other 386? Cuz chimchar has no match To my knowledge.

i am in the process of putting D/P sprites into my firered hack, and it was smooth sailing until i hit charziard and that stupid sprite is to big. i've compressed it, done everything. and if i unchech the "abort if data is to big button" it screws up the sprite! HELP ME!

Where do i get my pokemon pics INDEXED?

to the three of you... there's a tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials' section by Red Yoshi on how to do so.
    Check it out. It can help ya a lot. :3

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
    Years
  • How to put DP pokemon into FR/LG, quick guide since everyone asks:
    1. get your sprite
    2. make sure it's 64x64 and 16 colors, make it smaller if you have to
    3. save it as a png with 256 colors (but only 16 used). it is now indexed.
    4. insert it into the rom using unlzgba.
    5. if unlzgba says it's too big, use free space finder to find 64 free bytes, and tell unlzgba to offset the image with the number free space finder gives you.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    hello pipz...
    I got a question here though... :\

I wanna edit both sprites and music, but...
    How many free bytes do I need to search with Free Space Finder..? :\

Thankies~

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    oh... okay...
    well, I have a new problem though... :\

I accidentally 'always open this file' the .s file (the result after dragging midi file to mid2agb) to notepad, and now, Sappy won't assemble it.

any thoughts on how to fix this?
    I tried to delete and extract it again... same problem... :\
    thankies~

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
    Years
  • right click it
    open with >
    choose program

that will let you change what opens it. if you want to remove any association, go to any folder, hit tools, folder options, file formats tab. find .s and remove it from the list.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • I am sorry if this has already beem answered, but I can't read 200 pages I would need 10 days minimum!

Every time I try to run Pokescript it says
    Run-time error '249':

ActiveX component can't create object

Plz help sorry if this has already been answered, but am I supposed to read 200 pages XD?!

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • I tried searching the thread for this but my search term got omitted for being too common, so I'm posting it here.

I was wondering how to change the names of a pokemon in the data, for example changing POOCHYENA to CHIMCHAR. In the event that Poochyena is encountered in the hacked game, it would not display Poochyena on the battle status bar, instead it would display Chimchar. This would also apply to the pokedex entry.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I tried searching the thread for this but my search term got omitted for being too common, so I'm posting it here.

I was wondering how to change the names of a pokemon in the data, for example changing POOCHYENA to CHIMCHAR. In the event that Poochyena is encountered in the hacked game, it would not display Poochyena on the battle status bar, instead it would display Chimchar. This would also apply to the pokedex entry.

you need a table file and a hex editor, you open the table file in notepad and work out what POOCHYENA is in hex bytes, then do a search for it, and replace it with whatever CHIMCHAR is in hex bytes

still nobody knows what i need to do to remove articuno's ability to flee in Gold?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    how would you change the default names you can pick in the beggining of fire red for your rival?

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    direct me to the right thread if i am wrong.

hmm, i know how to alter tiles in a-map like make one tile a certain color, like a yellow tree without making the rest like that, i'm good with palette editing and spriting, etc...
    w/e right...

well i came here to ask if there is a 'good' tutorial or anything of the sort on how to upload custom sprites..?
    Editing palettes and stuff becomes too tedious, i want to know if there is a way to get my stuff into the game quick, and easy--i know is not an option^-^
    i have custom made pokemon centers, marts, buildings and trees
    [in which i do not plan to release until hack finish]

so if anyone knows even a teency bit that could help me, i would much appreciate it.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I tried searching the thread for this but my search term got omitted for being too common, so I'm posting it here.

hex editing u should do what Bigsteve said..or you can use YAPE or Pokemon Editor Pro..both VERY great tools..look in the toolbox

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Just need to find this

Ok. I know this is out there some where but I can't find it.

My question is if any one knows which forum or subject to go to to get tips, get a team, exc... for pokemon hacking. This might already been answored but like Im going read about 200 pages.

Years
  • Ok. I know this is out there some where but I can't find it.

My question is if any one knows which forum or subject to go to to get tips, get a team, exc... for pokemon hacking. This might already been answored but like Im going read about 200 pages.

For tips, go to the Documents and tutorials. Heres a link.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

For a Team, make one in Team discussion. Heres the link for that.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

There you go, I hoped I helped you :classic:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Heres a different type of question:

Say you have two people working on a hack.

One person is scripting and one person is mapping.

Will it work if the mapper saves changer and applies the script changes after? Or will it revert the maps?

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that as long as you keep the free space clear you should be able to merge the changes by Patching. The free space thing is important though, because if a new map goes on the position your scripter is inserting their scripts into it could be disastrous when you merge. I'm pretty sure these facts are correct because me and my mate used to muck around with hacking and then merge back together and it never screwed up(although our hacks were always halfdone and pretty crappy).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back