• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Icyflare, you edit those with spread in elitemap 3.7.

Now I have a simple question. Everytime I import my pokemon pictures, they start getting ruined like these.

Why?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    If i were to recolour an image using the colours of a pokemon sprite, after ive made it the correct size, would i be able to just replace the pokemon with my image without getting any errors (Image is not indexed etc)?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    I've another simple question for you...
    I've made a new under water map that has 3 conections to 3 diferent maps(see my hack page if u want), but the thing is that I don't know how to adjust the things in order to the character always enter and exit in the place I want=s...
    [[]]
    Stay Sick\m/
    Could you rephrase that?
    You want to know how to adjust the Map connections of an underwater Map?
    Or where you etner/exit underwater Maps?

Nusegi said:
    I just remimbered that PET isn't working, so, how can i edit the trainer battles? ^^'
    Alternatives to PET are Advance-Battle, Trainer Battle Customizer and a Hex-Editor.

Nusegi said:
    one question, on advance map, how can i change the size of a map? ^^'
    Header Tab->Map Size.

pkmnfreak said:
    wut do u mean when u say "Have a correctly indexed sprite for your Shadow Pokémon, and the colors will be as you want them"?
    With that I mean, that your sprite will have the correct colors in the game if your sprite has a correctly indexed pallete when you insert it.

Icyflare said:
    Sorry to add another question onto the pile, but I'd like to know just how I can edit overworld character pallets (see attachment for example of an overworld character).

Thanks~
    -Supakitsune
    You can edit them like every other pallete in the game.
    Xeon's Overworld Editor should show you the pallete offset, so you can edit it with your Hex-Editor.

Nusegi said:
    How do i work with hex?????????
    A small tutorial: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25003

Also if you are just starting with Hex-Editing, I suggest you to start with something simple.
    This for example.
    The other things work the same way.
    You just need the offsets of the things you want to edit.

Apion said:
    Icyflare, you edit those with spread in elitemap 3.7.

Now I have a simple question. Everytime I import my pokemon pictures, they start getting ruined like these.

Why?
    Try to put the Image of your Pokémon is in the Picture center.
    Also, you should insert new sprites with unLZ-GBA, as it is more stable and has less errors than RS-Ball.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2008
    Professor Oak Help

Ok I'm hacking fire red and I've got evrything done but when professor oak takes you to his lab. He still take s the same turns and stufand it ends up leading me into some trees. How do I change how many and which tiles he walks?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Nusegi said:
    whr's the header tab?????????????????'
    o.0
    While you're at Advance-Maps main window, you click on the Tab on which it says "Header view".

Also I'd like to remind you that we have a 25 character limit.
    Bypassing it is against the rules, so please don't do it.

Scizortrainer said:
    Ok I'm hacking fire red and I've got evrything done but when professor oak takes you to his lab. He still take s the same turns and stufand it ends up leading me into some trees. How do I change how many and which tiles he walks?
    You can change it at the "applymovement" command of the script. After it you will see a pointer to the offset with the walk data.
    Just change that data to your needs. (If you want to hav emore bytes than it had before, you have to repoint the data.)

Ketchup as a Vegetable

All your muffin belong to me!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    I'm tring to modify the trainer sprites for the heros in emerald, and have two questions:
    1.Are they located in only one place, or are there multiples?
    2.When I edit them, they turn to flat colors, then to bad colors; what happened?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    but when i try to change it, for example, i type in 15 (wight) and 10(hight) and when i press "reload" the 15 on the wight becomes 1 and when i try to change it to 15 again i cant!

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Scizz said:
    Could you rephrase that?
    You want to know how to adjust the Map connections of an underwater Map?
    Or where you etner/exit underwater Maps?

Hail
    Is where I enter and exit because when I dive to that map the character obviously isn't going to appear in the right places unless I make the necessary adjustments, and that's what I want t know how to do...
    [[[]]]
    Stay Sick \m/

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2008
    Scizz said:
    You can change it at the "applymovement" command of the script. After it you will see a pointer to the offset with the walk data.
    Just change that data to your needs. (If you want to hav emore bytes than it had before, you have to repoint the data.)

Where can i find the "applymovement" command os the script?

Years
  • Scizz, I am using unLZ.GBA. I can't even use Rs ball. I'm hacking Leafgreen becuase I can't find firered. Also are you sure if I put it in the center it will work?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Noob question:

I am interested in starting to edit the scripts. Why does my (full) instalation of EliteMap not include the referenced "Diamond Cutter"?

Pikachu_King

Sith Lord: Darth PK
    Years
  • camperdave said:
    Noob question:

I am interested in starting to edit the scripts. Why does my (full) instalation of EliteMap not include the referenced "Diamond Cutter"?
    because they expect you to have it, because it came with an older version of elite map. I have it but it doesn't work for me.

my question: could ANYONE give me a download for ALL the sub-programs of elite map (bewildered, rubikon, diamond cutter, etc.) because I really dont wanna have to go back, find all the old elite maps, install them, then re-install 3.7 over them.

Steelmaster

what program you need for the hoenn map on the pokenav the editten

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    Can someone suggest a program to use so i can change the names of pocket monsters?

Kenaka

BCHT Graphics Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2007
    Totaly Different Paletts

Okay, I have this sprite, and I want to put it into my hack, easy right? Only one thing wrong, theres no correct palette for it . . .

Is there a way to take the colors from my image, write them in Hex format, input the Hex, and then import the picture into my hack?

I've read the other tutorials, but they all require you to import your image into the game 1st, but when I import, the colors are WAY off . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back