• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are any of you worried about dying?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    When I think about it too much I become afraid of dying. We all die eventually, so I suppose I'll need to accept death sooner or later. XD;

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    I had seen people stroke n had so many loved ones die so I just accepted it cuz can happen now 2yrs any time we don't know y dwell on it I have open arms we r all here 4 a reason no matter what if u did nothing to contribute to society u r here 4 reason they came up with aftr life so we don't get scared and panic bout it

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
    Cognitive dissonance. I KNOW that there's no point in fearing death, but that doesn't stop me from actually fearing it. It's actually my greatest fear. What will I leave behind? Will I die before I even get to leave anything behind? How long until I'm forgotten? What's on the "other side?" Knowing that it can happen at any time in any place by just about anything, and that it could possibly mean nothing is terrifying. I'm well aware I shouldn't be worrying about any of this and that it ultimately doesn't matter, but my thoughts aren't exactly 100% mine to command, now are they?

No matter how many times I tell myself I've accepted it, I haven't. And honestly, I'm starting to think that my fear is a good thing. It motivates me to make something of myself at all costs and to make sure I stay healthy and safe to stay away from death's door. I want to accomplish things I'll be remembered for and to touch the lives of others and live on in their "hearts". I WILL live long and leave a great legacy or die trying.

Rhize

Topsy-Turvy
    Years
    I have not really been afraid of dying yet. When I die I will be nonexistent, nothingess, so it's not as if I'll be able to have a pity-party for myself. I have contemplated greatly on what it would be like to be absolutely nothing, however. So I'm not really afraid of dying because I won't ever realize I'm dead. What I worry about is leaving loved ones behind and for them to go through the pain of losing someone.

What I am afraid of is aging. A constantly ticking clock I cannot stop. I am absolutely helpless when it comes to the matter of my body growing and degenerating, which I find worse then death. I will never be able to be a child again once I reach adulthood, and once I am old I will never be able to be an adult again. Knowing that my life is ticking is, in a way, worse then dying. Dying is a rather simple, natural matter that will hopefully be painless. Life is hard. Helplessness and knowing of the impending doom that you will never be on this earth again is worse then the actual matter of dying.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    To be as honest as possible, I don't really ever bothered about death and such that much, well of course I sometimes wonder what dying is like, but as of now I more fear that I might die in an inconvenient moment or place rather than the fact that I'll actually will do some day

Years
    I'd say yeah, I pretty much am, even if its stupid. I have an urge to become immortal in a sense, a logical sense grounded in realism through scientific methods, or atleast live a couple hundred years more with regenerating cells so aging won't become an issue. I wouldn't ever say no to that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I had a moment where I feared for my life a few weeks ago, so I am quite afraid of death. For one reason; I don't know what happens in the afterlife. What happens in the afterlife does worry me, and I don't want to be in perpetual nothingness for eternity. Personally I hope I'm pinning on reincarnation; I would love to be a snake.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I'm not really afraid of death itself - I've managed to grasp the concept okayish. What I'm scared of is dying having not lived my life to the fullest - having not had sex, or graduated from uni, accomplished my dreams, fallen in love, etc. - because of this, I feel like every day you should live life to the absolute fullest you can; in other words, live like there's no tomorrow. :P

i am a walking cliché

Eat me.

I'm food
    Years
    The only thing I'm afraid related to death is that i don't know what I'll do in after.
    I hope there's some kind of tutorial when I get there...and freakin' ugly monsters too, so I can kick their faces off! :D
    P.S. Now this led me to a theory that those RPG fantasy games' original purpose is to train us in our life after death! (Now that explains respawning)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I fear dying so much. It scares the **** out of me. It's so bad that I want immortality to be invented so that I never have to die. I'm so afraid of what happens after you die, and that's the scary part: no one except the dead knows what happens. What if we just retire to a dark mass of nothing for the rest of our afterlives? That's mortifying. I hope that doesn't happen.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    Death is really mind boggling, to be honest. One minute you're here, laughing, crying, breathing and going about your life, then the next, you're not. And who can say what happens after that.

But anyway, one day I'll die, I accept that. Right now I'm alive though, so I'll make the most of it.

ShadoMaster

Pokémon Actor
    Years
    I'm not so much scared of death as I am with losing memories. I have come to believe in a theory where when you die, your soul that works your body leaves you and goes into a new one capable of working. All of your memories and experiences will stay inside of your brain where the old incapable of working body lies.

The fact that I believe so strongly in this theory makes the thought of death scary for me. When I die I hope that I am wrong, I want to be able to at least keep my loved ones close to me and/or my mind. I'm perfectly fine accepting my death, I just don't want to start all over again.

Sometimes I even wonder if the soul inside of me right now belonged to another body in the past. I'ts freaky.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Honestly, I'm ready for death. I don't care if it's unknown, I'd like to know the unknown and I'm not afraid of it. I'm not a religious person at all, however I want to know what truths lie past this world (if any). It's something that has always interested me since I knew of the concept of death.

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
    Years
    Honestly, I'm ready for death. I don't care if it's unknown, I'd like to know the unknown and I'm not afraid of it. I'm not a religious person at all, however I want to know what truths lie past this world (if any). It's something that has always interested me since I knew of the concept of death.

Exactly. I'm ready for it too. I'm not scared of it or wishing it, I just know that it will come to me someday and I can't help it. I think that we all need to live life the way we want and do the things we love to do, like Jobs said, death is the best push you can get in life.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    YES I have a gigantic fear of death. Of how I'm going to die, and what's going to be next after this life, if anything.

Even though I'm a Christian, I always wonder if I'm doing something wrong that will exile me from heaven... And I admit I always have doubts that there may not be a God (I don't believe any other religion is right--in my view, if Christianity is wrong then there is NO other religion that is real... biased, I know, whoops).

That's why I want to make the most out of my life.

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
    Years
    I don't have blind faith in something, I tend to think things over to the point of frustration.
    I used to be terrified of dieing. One night when I was 17 I was in my room about to go to sleep when something popped into my mind. "What if this is it? What if the whole of the universe existing was just a coincidence? What if there was no afterlife and that my consciousness will end the moment I die?"
    That thought scared me to my core. You know that bad feeling of your heart sinking in your chest? I had that. That thought would haunt me to no end. I would cry many times because it scared me so much. Every night I would pray for a sign of something greater for assurance. I kept that horrible feeling to myself since it would have worried my parents and siblings.
    It wasn't until I was and 19 met snugglebunny at that the feeling went away as my prayers were answered.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Death itself is bound to happen sometime, and I'm not really afraid of dying, because once I'm dead I won't know it. I'm afraid of not living my life enough before it happens, though. I have things I wanna do, people I wanna meet, and places I wanna go before I die. I'd rather be given the time to do all that. So that's what I worry about.

Back