• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are any of you worried about dying?

Years
    Not exactly, because it will happen to all of us. It'd be more appropriate to say that I don't really ever think about it, though.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Death isn't something that I really ever think about. Does it come up every now and then? Yes? Have I been ever faced death? Well, unless you count standing at the edge of buildings and thrill seeking stuff like that as facing death (I don't, some do), then no. But am I afraid of death? I don't know. Naturally, I hope that when my time comes, it'll be painless and/or quick. But I don't know if I'm actually afraid. All I know is that I want my death to mean something.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm not particularly afraid of dying. I just don't want to die super young. At least into my 70's and I'll be happy but honestly who knows.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    Me? I don't care. I'm not afraid to die. I embrace it. It will happen at some point. I know that, so why try to escape it? It wouldn't be that bad anyways, all your pain would be over and you wouldn't have to feel the weight of all the burdens that come with being alive. I think about death all the time, but I'm Agnostic, so I honestly don't care if I die. I don't know anything about religion, nor do I care. I don't associate myself with that kind of stuff because, in the end, its futile. In my opinion, all beliefs are in vain. You won't get anything out of them, and eventually you will die and every second you spend thinking about is time wasted. So, no, I'm not afraid of death. Not at all.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    You guys are all saying you're not going to be scared, but until you're actually about to die (without a doubt and you know it), you'll never really know. Like I said, it's instinctual, no creature can fathom anything beyond its existence.

That unknown scares everyone.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The only thing related to death that I'm scared about is if my funeral isn't done right, because I'm about to get the hell up out my coffin and fix it if it ain't.

Years
    The only thing related to death that I'm scared about is if my funeral isn't done right, because I'm about to get the hell up out my coffin and fix it if it ain't.

This.

If my funeral would have been planned badly, I'd haunt whoever turned it into a bad funeral. In fact, I'm not as scared of death than compared to getting dementia. Man losing my memory would cause my life to fail already.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think about this a lot actually. Death has it's way of creeping into my thoughts, and I honestly get sick to my stomach.

But the I look at things, and it does settle me down, is that assuming I die old, I will have lived such a full life that I'd be ready for death. Hopefully I'd have done everything in life that I wanted to, and be able to say that death wouldn't be so bad anymore.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I saw a friend die in late 2012. Easily the worst moment of my life, I will never forget the awful image. I'm not afraid of death, I will accept it when it's my time.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
    I'm not scared of death at this day and age but I'm sure in about 50 years I will be. When I die I just hope I do it in my sleep, I couldn't imagine any other way and frankly don't want to.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm worried about growing old. I don't want to get to the point where I'm so old I can't remember the ones who mean everything to me, or where I'm in so much pain and can't live on my own.

As for the actual part of death, I'm not afraid of what comes afterwards. It means nothing to me. What I am worried about is what I leave behind. There are specific instructions I'll have for when I die, and I want to know that those will be followed and not ignored just because I'm dead.

ElGuapoAssassin

Lord Of Dragons
    Years
    I'm more worried about getting some horrible disease and suffering from that than I am dying. Once you're dead there's nothing to worry about anymore and I don't believe in an afterlife so it doesn't really matter to me. Death is just something that happens to everyone, it just means to make your life worth something and enjoy the journey there.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    The only part of death that scares me is the fact that nobody knows exactly when it's gonna happen. Sure when you become really old you become aware it's getting close , but you can never know the exactly moment it will happen. Though other than that fact, it doesn't bother me much cause I know it's gonna happen someday Just don't know when so I try live a good life as much as possible.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    I think about this quite a lot, actually.

I don't think I fear death, itself. I do believe in paradise after death, but I also have many doubts all the time about it. I mean, we don't actually know, do we? I cannot fathom either ceasing to exist, nor living eternally.

But, the thought of a paradise, where I can see my loved ones again, makes me at peace with death.

I'm also not really afraid of dying at the moment. I mean, what'll happen will happen, so I see no point of fearing it until it does. As I grow older, I shall probably start worrying about a painful death, but at the moment, I do not.

What worries me is any pain that I will leave behind. Anyone who will cry themselves to sleep, missing me. Anyone that my death shall cause pain to. That's what makes me afraid. I don't want to inflict that kind of pain into anyone.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah, uh.. I'm terrified of dying? ;(

I think the only thing I hate more than my own death is the prospect of living forever, though. But I digress. I'm very, very afraid of dying. Call me un-evolved or instinctual, but my self preservation is quite adept. So much so that it's actually my diagnosis. I have severe anxiety that revolves around my general well being. When I'm panicked, I feel like I'm at the cusp of breathing my last breath, when rationally I know that's not the case. It's something that I, as an individual with maladjusted chemicals in my brain, can't help. Although I've made a lot of progress on medication.

Maybe my fear is built on experience, since we've all encountered death at one point or another; or maybe it's hereditary, all I know is that death is a frightening subject for me. I greatly dislike the concept of a "process" of dying through illness or sudden accident and the moment the brain ceases to function. The very act of composing this post is.. upsetting for me.

I am innately fearful of my life ending and losing everything that I am. And I cannot comprehend those who say they don't. I can understand feeling desensitized to it, but for the life of me I can not understand how, at the most base and animal side of humanity, one can not fear death.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    No, because dying is only but an inconvenient truth. It's not about what happens then, it's about what's happening now.

I have been in a couple of near death experiences though, and they are scary, but I wouldn't say I fear them in my normal life.

Sir Codin

I wonder just how many people opinions here would change if they were put in a genuine life or death situation?

Eh, regardless, I'm afraid to admit that yes, I am afraid of death. Or rather, I fear what might come after death:

Nothing.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
    Being a Catholic, I obviously believe in God.

I believe when someone dies, it's because they have fulfilled their purpose and God wants them to be happy with him.

This being said, no, I am not afraid of death. When the time comes for me to die, I hope I can laugh at the reaper and accept my fate calmly.

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2014
    I'm afraid of any pain that might arise during death or right before (like if I die drowning omg), but actual death, I'm not scared of that.

Back