• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we there yet?

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
Years
  • What do you do for fun in the car? How long does the ride have to be for you to bring something to do? When you drive really far, how long does it take you to fall asleep?

For short rides, I just turn on the radio. If it'll be about 20 minutes, I take a book. Anything longer and I bring my ds with a pokemon game. For REALLY long rides I bring those plus a pillow. ;) It takes me maybe two hours before I get too bored and fall asleep. It's kinda nice because we have a mini-van and I get the back portion all to myself. I just lay across the three seats. :D

So, how 'bout you?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • By far, the most effective way of preventing boredom in the car is what my family and several others call the "alphabet game." Basically, each person has to find a printed word/acronym outside of the car that begins with each letter of the alphabet. For example, one might start by finding the word "avenue" and then following it up with "Baltic." After going through the entire alphabet and finding (somehow) a word that starts with Z, you win. Or, you could start over again at A and try to lap everyone else in the car. It's an incredibly addicting game; if someone starts it while I'm in the car, I literally can't help but start to look for words.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Usually I just watch my iPod, or play my DS. I get carsick often, so my iPod gets my mind off getting sick. My family doesn't play games in the car. My family doesn't play games period. 0_o In fact when I was little, I remember a lot of days being bored as can be because no one would play with me. XD

Last edited:

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • For short rides, I just sit there and think. Thinking about anything; it speeds time up for me. For long rides, I bring my ipod. Nothing more, nothing less, just an ipod for my music. And of course, I bring my phone everywhere, so that really doesn't count for a car ride. Unfortunately, I cannot look at anything in a car, or I get dizzy, soooo yeahp. ;/

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I never bring anything other than a book because I love looking at the window and seeing the things that pass by. I only actually read the book when we're in bumper to bumper traffic. I usually lose interest and fall asleep after three hours or so.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • I usually just listen to music on the car, whether the journey's going to be long or short. Though if it's a long trip, I'll probably fall asleep xD I sometimes read books that I really want to finish, but I rarely play games on the car. At most, I'll just have an interesting conversation with my parents.

Tk-mia

the Right Stuff
    Years
  • lets see, i listen to my ipod and read books and stuff, not very interesting huh? well thats me for ya..

when i travel, its at least 5 or 6 hours to where im going to go long term, short term, 30 min, thats when i do nothing

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Hmmm... For long rides, I'd bring my laptop or my dad's laptop [Maaaaac] for some enjoyment, sweetie. Also when I'm bored I look outside with a food. I might discover something. =3

For short rides [15-45 minutes] I'm just going to sit down and think of something.

Last edited:

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
  • Nice. The liscence plate game's a fun one, too. That is, if your family's up for it. ;) All you do is look around and find a plate with a state farthest from the one you're in. So if you're in Florida, Wisconsin beats Georgia. The best I ever got was Alaska in Florida. And if you see a Canada one you get bonus points. :D

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
  • Short Rides; I just sit there and watch from the outside window, it won't be that long after all.

Long Rides; I bring my iPod, DS, Mobile Phone (for the camera), and a good Book (most likely Harry Potter). If it's going to be longer than 2 hours, I'll bring my pillow, a few snacks, water, and a small blanket. =) That's all there is to it!

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • No we're not!!! Shut up and let me drive!!! LOL!!
    I wonder if there's a parent who says that to their kids... o.O

LOL! For short rides, i have my trusty, rusty mp3 player...
    For long rides, its either my GBA or the 'I Spy With My Little Eye' game but you have to do it fast! LOL!
    One question, it seems half of the people here read in the car... HOW???! I get headaches when i read something including signboards!!!

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • Short trip, I look outside.
    Long trip, I pack my CD player and GBA, but usually wind up listening to music while looking outside because there's no good way to get a well lit spot in the car. I sometimes play it in slow moving zones or traffic jams.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • If I'm not the one driving, then I just look outside while listening to the radio. I do not tend to fall asleep riding a car, but I'm not sure since we never really made any long trip.

If I'm driving (most of the time), then I get too nervous to do anything besides driving. Even listening the radio disturbs my concentration.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    It's either the radio or my Ipod, but for the REALLY long journeys i bring my DS.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For fun? Nothing really, since I don't find being the passenger in a car all that boring. I do however find the radio that's usually turned on and the perpetual noise of my clothes rubbing against the seat belt irritating, so I'll stick some earphones in and listen to my PSP play about 1.7GB of music.

No we're not!!! Shut up and let me drive!!! LOL!!
    I wonder if there's a parent who says that to their kids... o.O
    Actually, I think one of my parents has said that at least once lol not included.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    On long vacations, I bring my iPod while I make my family deaf through my singing. I also bring my laptop to play games which don't involve using the internet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    On car trips, I end up listening to my iPod. When I'm in a car, I can't concentrate on anything, even reading. The only thing I can actually do is just sit there and listen to my iPod and stare out the window, and perhaps eventually sleep. XD;

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • Well, I usually act crazy and dance around and stuff on long trips. After awhile I look out the window, think and listen to my ipod. And if I'm really tired or if the person is a bad driver I fall asleep. ^^; That's about it.

Back