• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you addicted to anything?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    • Music, about the only time I'm not listening to it is when I'm asleep.
    • Pokemon, Isn't it obvious
    • Cute things, I can't help it.
    • My phone, It's like a security blanket. I feel weird if it's not near.
    • Coffee, I wouldn't get by with out it at work.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    *person hoping to get modded in their favourite section voice* im addicted to pc i would die for it and so would my family

hmm
    caffeine certainly comes to mind
    coffee probably finds its way into my aortic valve more often than blood itself
    and i'm superhuman so long as i have a supply of caffeine in the house at all times
    that being said, if i'm running low on caffeine then i'm definitely weaker and at my lowest threshold between mortal and god
    on average i drink about 4 cups before i head out anywhere and that gets me through to about 4-5pm, and if i'm close to home then that'll be me for the day but if i still have things to do then i'll drink another cup and i'll be good
    but if i'm just being sedentary at home then i'll have maybe two cups throughout the day, three max
    i must be so close to death honestly i love it

what else is there
    i spend a fair amount of time watching television on my laptop
    actually i'll just put my laptop as the addiction given that anything else that could be considered an addiction in regards to my lifestyle stems from my laptop usage
    most of the time when i'm at home i'm either reading, talking to my siblings or on my laptop
    and given my aversion to going out that means i spend a lot of time on it lol

addicted to coffee + my laptop
    will i ever leave the '90s

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
    Whenever I get a new game (especially Pokemon), I tend to get addicted to it until I beat it.

Cartoons is another addiction I have.

Years
    Addicted is such a strong word I prefer "absence of the following challenged".
    But in all seriousness:
    -Sugar (sweet baby frosted sugar cookie cupcake dunked in maple syrup, I love sugar so much....)
    -My laptop (thou art my second born child)
    -My dog (thou art my first born child, he weight pulls like the champ he is)
    -My fandoms (you want me to list them? Do you have an hour....or five?)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Caffeine. 100% pure Columbian Caffeine. The Caffeine trafficking business was huge in the 80's, and it's exploded since then. The Caffeine wars broke out and there were huge casualties on all sides. The public suffered and people around the world felt the tremors of the after maths. Several even sued for damages from the heat their product brought with them! Some of the biggest players came from the Pacific North West: Seattle's Best, Tully's Coffee, Caffé Vita, Human Bean. . . but one king rose above them all and roasted the competition: Señor Starbucks, which is now the largest supplier of illicit Caffeine in the entire world. Several countries have attempted to halt the Caffeine trafficing such as China. Great Britain and Japan, but Señor Starbucks has deep pockets and they eventually found their way into nearly every corner of the globe, sans North Korea; Señor Starbucks claimed that: "They're too uppity over their already, and hyping them up on Caffeine they can't even pay for . . . now that's asking for trouble."

Coffee. If it has coffee in it's name, I've probably have had it, and yes I distinctly remember a coffee flavored toothpaste.

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Coffee and social media. It scares me to think that if I was a girl I may be the b**chy white girl no one likes 0.o

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you squint, I might be addicted to

- ibuprofen

- my lovely cat

- Vine (never upload my own stuff though)

- writing (I love seeing my own words on paper or on a screen for some reason)

- pokémon journey roleplays lmao​

I eat way too much ibuprofen, talk way too much about my cat, can spend hours scrolling through vine and am kind of in love with my own writing (and it's not even that good so ugh). Can't stop making journey RPs either, I guess it's my substitute for the actual games, which I haven't owned since gen 3??

Oh, with that reasoning I'm probably also addicted to Gav. He's healthy for me though, believe me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Right now I've had a huge Yu-Gi-Oh kick. I've even been writing a dueling game in Java that's going to be audio based. Good practice, anyways.

Please be careful, overdosing can cause horrible stomach bleeding.
    Mm... Hopefully I don't eat that much.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    I am addicted to showdown and watching sports the most, no kind of bad habits like cigarette or winewine.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I swear I feel like the only person who hates alcohol, I can only drink it if it's mixed with like a bunch of fruity tastes and even then I'd just rather have juice.

Marijuana on the other hand... kek

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I swear I feel like the only person who hates alcohol, I can only drink it if it's mixed with like a bunch of fruity tastes and even then I'd just rather have juice.
    I was half-joking in my post, but I've heard other people say that they don't like the taste of alcohol, so you aren't the only one. I think it's sorta an acquired taste, and you have to find the kinds of drinks that you suit your palette.

At first I couldn't stand the taste of any alcoholic drink that I tried, but eventually came to like some drinks. But then there's some that I know I'll never get used to the taste of, like whiskey or IPAs.

EDIT: Oh, there you go, Loki hates booze too.

I should stop taking about booze now

AriArk

Survey Corps
    Years
    Well..
    I go on the internet a lot looking at pointless stuff
    Youtube
    Anime
    Self Harm (but i'm seeing a councillor for that)
    Pokemon ROM hacking
    Hacking in general
    Not doing homework

Years
    I have a heavy addiction to Tumblr, because I post and reblog stuff from so many fandoms there. In fact, I actually found out the site is a great place to discover new music and boy I have to admit I found lots of great tunes just by looking at several fanblogs on Tumblr alone.

Back