• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you an organised hacker?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Ehh, I wish I could say I was one of the most organized but I don't know.

Usually I start out backing up at a constant rate that firered rom's take up the majority of my HD... Then I slowly start to fill one folder more and more until I get super lazy and just use a dump space for everything... For Mystic so far I have been good though :)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • If I was creating a hack, yes I would! All the different folders for making different palettes and all that. And even some Maps if neccisary.

I'm pretty sure the developers are like that too. lol

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I could've sworn I was just bragging to Vrai about how organized I keep everything.

Anyway, I try my best to keep all of my hacking files in order. I've got separate folders for my hack, other people's hacks, all of my projects, my programs, and my source files, each with a good number of folders within each one (especially "Projects" o_O). I'm moderately obsessive-compulsive so it shouldn't be a surprise. However, if you open any of my folders, you'll see that the contents of each folder are messy. It doesn't help that for every folder in "Projects", I need a copy of VBA-SDL-H, VBA-H, and the three files that compose my ASM assembler. Add to that two ROMs and an .asm file or two (and their assembled, binary files) and you can see why I have trouble finding things.

Oh, I also keep track of all of my flags and variables used, in XSE's note thing.

I use an XSE header file with "#define"s for those. It's a lot easier to remember a name (e.g., "F_OV_MOTHER" (Flag, Oceanview, Mother)) than a hexadecimal number.

Dabutcha

Creator of the Alphanigma Saga
    Years
  • I make A backup of my hack. Usually only one. I also keep data for people in a folder, because when you add or take events in Goldmap, the data resets and matches. Id like to say Im fairly organized, what about you guys?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I'm lazy. :3 I put everything in one folder, although I do have a separate folder for my hack, Elite Quest, and I keep a backup there.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • I can say that I'm an organized hacker.

My hacking computer has everything in folders, based on what roms, from what language, what it is (script/palette/OW spite/sprite/raw/ect.) Back ups for every single change marked by date/time, and all of my tools are organized using AquaDock, ObjectDock, and RocketDock, as well as all documents that I use for reference, such as TheTheThe's Scripting Thread, Pros/Cons, and others.

The computer itself is only used for hacking Pokemon roms, and absolutely nothing else.

Organized? I believe so

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm organized at first, then it becomes messy because of all that saving. I only keep one back-up, but I constantly replace it after doing something to my ROM.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    You could say I am... I have a folder for rom bases, fun maps and sprites, and the actual game roms and then i have a folder for each team or hack, within the team i have assignments and the hack we are doing and in the hacks folders i have tools being used, backup, the rom, and each map and sprite for it. The fun maps and sprites just holds all my random stuff.

Back