• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you happy with the way you look?

shu

so alone so lost inside
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    are you happy with the way you look?

yes.after discovering power metal music and seeing the way they look changed my whole veiw on what looks good.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    After becoming a vegetarian last year I went from weighing 220 pounds, 6 feet 3 inches ( 99.7903 kg, 1.905 meters ) to being 140 pounds, 6 feet 4 inches ( 63.5029 kg, 1.9304 meters ).

I love the way I've managed to improve myself! (the Parcour hasn't hurt either)

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Yup, I like the way I look. I'm glad that I'm blessed with a slim figure and a high metabolism so I can keep it the way it is. As for facial looks, I know I look fine and I'm always confident about the way I look.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    nopes , i absolutely hate the way i look .
    idk , i have since i was about 4 :\

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • After becoming a vegetarian last year I went from weighing 220 pounds, 6 feet 3 inches ( 99.7903 kg, 1.905 meters ) to being 140 pounds, 6 feet 4 inches ( 63.5029 kg, 1.9304 meters ).

You're implying that losing weight makes you a better person, whether you meant to or not. Losing weight does not "improve" you, it simply makes your image more acceptable to society.

Personally, I don't care about how I look. Vanity is the value I find most annoying in many people.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Yes, though having no pimples would be an added bonus... and making my nose a bit smaller couldn't hurt. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    Over all I am pretty happy. It's been a long time since I have felt self conscious about my appearance.

After becoming a vegetarian last year I went from weighing 220 pounds, 6 feet 3 inches ( 99.7903 kg, 1.905 meters ) to being 140 pounds, 6 feet 4 inches ( 63.5029 kg, 1.9304 meters ).

That's pretty impressive results, but do you ever feel too thin now?

I am 6'3 and 165 and I feel like I could put on a bit more.

You're implying that losing weight makes you a better person, whether you meant to or not. Losing weight does not "improve" you, it simply makes your image more acceptable to society.

Personally, I don't care about how I look. Vanity is the value I find most annoying in many people.

There's tonnes of reasons to lose weight, acceptance from society is just one. And life will go a lot smoother if you're able to make peace with the way your community thinks.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • There's tonnes of reasons to lose weight, acceptance from society is just one. And life will go a lot smoother if you're able to make peace with the way your community thinks.
    The "community" isn't always right, and in those cases, no person should allow things to be smooth. Some of the greatest tragedies in the world may have been prevented if reasonable people had fought against the status quo.

What I take issue with is that losing weight is an improvement. If I had a clone that was more physically fit than me, I refuse to believe that just being in shape makes him better than me. That's nonsense; a person should not be defined by their appearance.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I really can't decide whether I am fat or anorexic..
    Therefore I must be pretty normal..
    But noo I still don't like the way I look.
    I wasn't aware one time that the way I looked was good D=

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I like the way I look. I'm slim and I have a fast metabolism, so I can enjoy the bad food and keep my low weight. My hair is nice, but I do wish my eyes were a more interesting color than brown. Blue or green would be great. Or purple.

The only problem right now is my face, I've got too many pimples, probably because of a nasty habit I've got. :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    What I take issue with is that losing weight is an improvement. If I had a clone that was more physically fit than me, I refuse to believe that just being in shape makes him better than me. That's nonsense; a person should not be defined by their appearance.
    That doesn't really work. If you did have a clone who was physically fitter than you, then he would be stronger, faster, have more stamina etc. I'm not saying that people should be judged on their appearance, far from it, but being in shape does make you a 'better'* person, purely from a biological standpoint anyway. I mean honestly, if you were given the option to instantly hit your physical peak for nothing, are you telling me you'd turn it down? I know I wouldn't, and it's nothing to do with society.

Anyway, no I'm not really happy with the way I look, but I have much more important things to worry about at my age than my self image. Like getting a job, for one.

*This, of course, really depends on how we define 'better'.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    I like the way I look. I'm slim and I have a fast metabolism, so I can enjoy the bad food and keep my low weight. My hair is nice, but I do wish my eyes were a more interesting color than brown. Blue or green would be great. Or purple.

The only problem right now is my face, I've got too many pimples, probably because of a nasty habit I've got. :(

now i want purple eyes >:]

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    The "community" isn't always right, and in those cases, no person should allow things to be smooth. Some of the greatest tragedies in the world may have been prevented if reasonable people had fought against the status quo.

Well... I hardly think looking down on an unhealthy lifestyle will become one of 'the greatest tragedies in the world'. But that's besides the point. Your life will be much better if you make peace with societal norms.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    The only things I hate about me is being so weak and these damn pimples.

Back