• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you in an online relationship with anyone?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Not just here on PC but any were online. Are you in a relationship with anyone on the net to were you feel like you like them as your boyfriend or girlfriend? Or do you just like them as an online (how shall I put this) an online sibling a brother or a sister?

I have a friend that I met on another site that I love like a brother I see him as the big brother I never had. He's only a couple years older then me. Best big brother I could ever ask for.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    That's great. :)

I've signed up to various internet forums but never formed a meaningful relationship with someone from them, I haven't found them to be very good places for meeting people. How did it happen?

Vαηєℓℓσρє

ωнαт ωαѕ, ιѕ, αη∂ ωιℓℓ вє...
    Years
  • There are definitely people I could see as brothers/sisters of mine over the internet, but I'd find it a little odd to call them such. I guess I'd be okay with it, though, if anybody wanted to be online siblings. It's a pretty fun idea.

As for relationships, a lot of online couples don't last very long due to distance, but some of the most adorable couples I've seen are over the internet. I almost got into one with a certain individual who I cared very much for. However, we both understood why it couldn't happen.

Years
  • That's how my girlfriend and I started our relationship. Long distance. She's from MA and I'm from OR...she's currently living with me now. Anything is possible. :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    TheKeybladeLord lives about 600 miles away from me, we met through mutual friends online.

We've been together for twenty months now, it'll be two years in March. <3

He stayed with me for a week this past summer, and will be staying with me for a week and a half over Christmas break.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I was in one once, it didn't last. I still care about her a lot, though, and we both still have sorta-kinda feelings for each other, I think. I don't think I really know what our relationship was, though. Our relationship didn't change after we broke up at all, and usually when people break up, they don't go on with their lives and interactions with each other as if nothing happened. I spoke to her about it that maybe we didn't consider eachother boyfriend and girlfriend to eachother, and instead were just really close and almost like brother and sister. She wasn't sure either, but we both agreed that it was strange how our relationship remained the same after we broke up. I can't help if I fall for someone online, but I'm not so sure I'd want to get in another one.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I don't think I frequent the Internet, well, frequently enough to be in any serious relationship with anyone. I don't see what's so bad about online relationships though. They're essentially the same as long distance yet are usually treated with more reluctance.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My first (and only) boyfriend was an online relationship for the remainder of our time together. He never visited me, while I had to visit him. We lived three hours from each other so it was a good thing that we lived on the same state. How it ended, however...it's really horrible.

quilzel, a member here on PC, was like a twin brother to me because we both liked the same exact interests. Sadly he doesn't come here anymore, but we still keep in touch. And I still consider him as my internet twin brother :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    One of my closest friends is an online friend. I wouldn't say he's a brother or anything, but he's definitely as close to me as a lot of my friends if not closer. Also my best friend in real life lives away from me pretty much all the time now so I don't see her nearly at all anymore, so she's basically an online friend. :( But my boyfriend is irl!

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • I have a lot of strong friendships with people online, so I would consider myself in an online relationship. Hell, I trust some of my online friends a lot more than a good majority of my offline friends.

As far as a romantic relationship with someone online, I don't think I could ever do it. I can't really do much for the romantic offline either, but I just don't personally see any intimacy in an online relationship. It's cool for the people that do. I think it takes a certain kind of person (which isn't a bad thing), but it's just not my thing.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    No, I'm not in an online relationship with anyone. But I do have this crush, who I meet in real life, but we only talk online via chat and I don't know if that counts.

As for siblings, I think of MidnightShine as my big bro, and Hikari10 as my online sis. I don't know if they feel the same way, tho, but they're the closest friends I've got here.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I was at one point, but we broke up one month on the nose.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I met my current boyfriend, Captain Fabio, here on PC years ago.. I always thought he was an attractive guy, though never expected anything to come from it since I was in a happy and committed relationship at the time with someone else online. We (my past and only other relationship) were in a long distance relationship for almost 3 years, but it didn't end up working out for personal reasons- however we are still very close friends and really care about each other which I am really happy about because he is a great guy. We met offline but it was very long distance and it was difficult. We tried to make it work as best we could, but alas, there were other reasons- and not the distance- to why it didn't work out. Still, I am happy I had that relationship even though it was online.

Anyways, I met Captain Fabio IRL this past May and I guess you could say we just hit it off really well. We're dating now and although we live a bit away (4ish hours) I do see him about every other weekend or so and it's been going good. I definitely don't want to ever lose him.

I don't really know if you could class that as an online relationship but.. hey.. whatever works right?

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I was never in a relationship online but I wouldn't say I never will be. I try to just have friends online rather than relationship, but if I do happen to form a romantic relationship with someone one, I'd be ok with that.

As for online siblings, I have a lot of people online who I call brothers and sisters. A good amount of them are people I know in real life, but some I don't. And while so far I don't think I any online family on PC, I have some in other online communities.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    -lights up cigarette-
    Yeah, I was in an online relationship once. It went well for a while. We talked, we laughed, we shared good memories. We were in love. It was an easier time then.
    -exhales cigarette smoke-
    We met through the PokeCommunity. You know that place? A sleazy forum, full to the brim with Pokemon and the filth of the planet, all connected through the internet and their love for pixels. He called me up, I answered the call. Everything else is history.
    -inhales more cigarette smoke-
    But things went wrong over time. I disappeared for long periods of time, he did some things I can never forigve, we were over. We're still great friends, but never again lovers.
    -exhales smoke in an O shape-
    I don't think I could go through the stress of an online relationship again. Too painful.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I have had/do have some good friends online but it's not to the point that I would call them a sibling, I mean, I guess i'd be okay with it, but it would probably be pretty awkward. xl

As for the question regarding my willingness to draguer une femme online...
    It's hard for me to open up to people, and because of that I tend to begin to push when anyone gets close (whether online or irl) and relationship-wise....if I love somebody,then I want to be able to embrace them,to hold them in my arms and let the world melt away...I think that an online relationship meant in a romantic way like that would be to formal so to speak.
    I don hafta worry bout that tho! xP

Years
  • I am not in an online relationship, but I met my girlfriend online; here in fact. *Points to Kura*

I never knew she liked me until a bit after we met up for the first time at an expo, which was a crazy, but amazing, surprise. I have had a 'crush' on her for a long time, so it feels amazing to be with her now and would like it to stay that way; which I think it will. :3 <3

/mushy​

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've never had an online relationship ever, but there was someone from the previous forum I was at, who looked very alike to me. So, I would say he is my online brother XD

Back