• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you pro-gay or no-gay?

Years
  • Well guys, I was wondering. Do you have a problem with same-sex couples and marriage or are you okay with it? Personally I am okay with it, but what about all of you?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    I personally don't have any issues with it. If a same sex couple is happy together and want to get married, more power to them, they should have that option.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • This is a bit of a post-and-go thread so I'll move it to OVP. Although I highly doubt any discussion will arise from it, since I can already see the responses being mostly one-sided, it can always be moved back if needed.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I am definitely pro-gay rights -- they should be able to get married, adopt kids, and all the other things that straight couples take for granted. It's a matter of human rights to allow these things for all couples, imo.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm really sort of in the middle. I'm not against it, but I don't support it either. I mean, I can accept/tolerate it but that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it, does that make sense? I'll probably get back on this when I can word myself better haha.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I personally don't have any issues with it. If a same sex couple is happy together and want to get married, more power to them, they should have that option.

Pretty much this. I try not to get myself involved very often as far as same sex relations go but what they do on a romantic level is or at the very least should be their own business if you ask me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think a child has a right to have both a mother and a father, as nature intended. But there are many children who only have one parent, or no at all, or who have parents who are mean to them. Two loving parents of the same sex is probably better than those.

When it just comes to letting them be together and marry and stuff, I'm not the one to stand in their way. The love between two people should only concern the two of them alone and is beautiful no matter what genders are involved.

That being said, I have some gay friends who are in relationships and I tend to be a bit... well, uncomfortable when they talk about them being together and, you know, doing it. I guess it's either society that has made me feel that way, or the fact that I definitely wouldn't like to do something sexual with a person of the same sex as myself.

if you were fantasizing about that, too bad 8D

Years
  • My answer is that I don't care and why should I? If same sex couple want to get married or whatever then I don't see why that should affect me at all. They're not doing any harm to anyone else so yeah.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • I'm not for it as far as morally (I'm Christian), but like what I believe a true Christian should be, which is not a Bible Bashing Fire n Brimstone "gays should rot in hell" etc. type, I love everyone and I don't hate homosexuals. They're human too and I have a lot of homosexual/bisexual/transgender friends. My parents on the other hand, say that I will burn too for just associating with them. ._.;; But to me that takes away from the loving thy neighbor as yourself to judge/condemn them.

Not every person has the same religious POV as me and I accept that. I believe I cannot judge people nor do I want to judge people. So I guess I'm saying that I'm not for it morally myself, but not against laws of freedom to marry/love who you want to regardless of gender.

Years
  • I'm for LGBT rights, but as far as marriage goes I couldn't care less. To me the whole marriage thing is just a title, and I don't really care about titles. Just give LGBT the same rights as everyone else and I'll be happy.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I've never understood the problem with homosexuals loving each other, I mean, they just love each other, right?

But I wouldn't really say gays are better than anyone else. That's silly, really :p

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I don't hate the people but the orientation. Being humans every should have the same rights except marriage for me. I see it as a Christian thing but I don't see why civil partnership should have less government based advantages.

Years
  • I'm pro-people-having-the-freedom-to-do-what-they-want-if-it-doesn't-hurt-anyone so of course I'm pro-gay.

Btw, 'progay' sounds like some kind of pharmaceutical product. "Don't take Progay without first consulting your doctor."

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I'm neither. Love is love. I don't care. At all.

All people under the LGBTQ spectrum deserve the same rights as any other human being, they were born that way and that's all their is to it, just because they were born different to the "norm" doesn't mean they should have the right to marry, adopt, etc.
    Live and let live. They're not hurting you.

So that makes me pro gay, right?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm pro-human rights.

Which means that I don't think some people should be discriminated upon just because they are attracted to the "wrong" gender.

Years
  • Pro gay. They can do whatever they want. They're human beings just like everyone else and deserve to have rights.

Years
  • I'm for gay rights. Everyone should have the same rights, no matter how they are. That's all there is to it, imo.

I still feel like I'm wording this weirdly though :s

Back