• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you ready guys!? THEN PUT YOUR GUNS ON!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Are you ready guys!? THEN PUT YOUR GUNS ON!
    Welcome to Xin Zhao's Hall of justice.
    This very noob banner/wallpaper thingymagic was made by yours truly. I don't have photoshop on this laptop

UPDATE: Basically shortened this whole page

Welcome everyone to my own member encyclopedia page. This is the community's opportunity to ask me whatever you want to talk to me about, as well as a grounds for discussion among topics and things you want to talk about with me, which can't be covered in PC.

XZ0- Anyway, I won't be revealing my RL name for now but the best lead would be just the letter "J" but of course I prefer to be called my Aliases for the sake of internet mannerisms. I'm your typical unaffiliated net dwelling online gamer who spends a lot of time reading and posting on messageboards such as PC and other online communities as well as logging online to whatever online platforms there is in order to talk the talk and walk the walk with the calm and cool minds, as well as those who are crazy, silly, and everything in-between. As a new member or say a rookie in PC, I feel that I have a lot to learn on what it takes to be a contributing member of this forum.

As a person who goes to forums, messageboards, and other things, while most of the time i just read and post about my reactions and opinions to topics that i like, I also do my best to try contribute something, whether it be constructive criticism and praise of certain fan made content that I really like and support, or talk about whatever scene there is, or share some childhood memories and nostalgic moments, and whatever it is that i feel like doing.

Other more important matters, I'm currently a student majoring in Human Resource Management and about to graduate the said course. I previously took up Computer Science in another university because of my once young dream of being involved in making video games, whether it be gameplay designs and whatnot, but after failing really hard on the programming parts and enduring several terms of hardship, i decided to switch schools and enroll in the university where i'm currently about to finish my HRM course where I greatly improved from my failures during my previous years in Computer Studies. From that direction, I've yet to decide on what i want to do for the rest of my life as my career paths are still divided on living a stable corporate life or living a dream that I once wanted.

As far as forum participation goes, I've been a mod for some forums before, usually in topics that I liked to cover up such as other video games, in particular League of Legends related content. But that was a short "dream" job that i got which ended bitterly after personal issues got in the way from my duties which I've voluntarily gave up after a year of life struggles and stolen dreams.

So ask, and I shall answer :)

The mechanics here are simple: Along with the usual AMA stuff of asking me something, or anything, I also have a certain topic of statement about myself or some some other things:

For this week:
    I'm still undecided on what we can talk about, so the AMA thing is still on. :))))

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Why dont you like Hearthstone?

I'm not a big fan of it. Its not that I dislike it, loathe, or hate it. Its just not in my preference at the moment. Then i also said i like whatever game Blizzard made, but the thing is, not all of them. For Hearthstone, its just a respectful lack of interest in the product.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • that i should be more concise with my ideas.

^ this. You put like your whole life story there. :P

Why the name "Mega XinZhao"?

Have you played a Fire Emblem game?

What is your favorite thread in Pokémon Trivia?

What is your favorite type of pie?

Do you like cheese?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Why the name "Mega XinZhao"?

The name is a funny take on two of my current favorite game franchises at the moment: League of Legends and Pokemon.

I have this weird idea that if Riot could add some sort of "Mega evolution" mechanic to League of Legends in order to make certain champions be more powerful or more viable, a "mega" form of this champion would come up and start taking the stage. We all know how Pokemon's Mega evolution mechanic works: You take an item that doesn't really give any real combat stats on the character (or Pokemon) and at the cost of that item slot, you get a different form of the champion or character, with usually higher base stats and a different ability to work around with, again at the cost of an item slot that could have been just simply a choice band, life orb, or leftovers. In the same vein, adding a "Mega Stone" (Xinzhaorite) item on the champion's slot of 6 items would mean that hey at the cost of that item slot that could have been something else, there's that Mega Stone that adds a little bit of stats but we get a Mega Champion, Mega Xin Zhao!

my current display name is a pretty trollish IGN of sorts, something that some player smurfing in lower ELOs or tiers would use which is why I've requested a username change that will be coming up pretty soon since i don't feel that my rather trollish display name displays the level of seriousness that I see in my involvement in this forum.

Have you played a Fire Emblem game?

Nope. I didn't grew up with this series at all.

What is your favorite thread in Pokémon Trivia?

If the user above you was a pokemon, what would they be
    Two Truths and a Lie - my personal favorite among the threads since its both a great way to play around with the other spammers
    Pokemon story time - currently messing around with it

Most of the threads i go to are those that incite reactions from other users since i like to see what people come up with whenever i make a post.

What is your favorite type of pie?

Apple Pie, Blueberry Pie, and in our country usually there are "pies" made with rootcrops such as Cassava. Then there's my personal favorite of Coconut Pie, again a product in our country that i often buy whenever i have the money for it.

Do you like cheese?

Yep. i try every kind that i find. Blue Cheese is one of my personal favorites.

Sirfetch’d

How did you discover PC?

What is your favorite featured game mode in LoL?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Do you have a favorite Mega Pokemon?

Apart from those in my signature, well there are a couple that i consider to be really strong for disgustingly right reasons such as:
    - Mega Gengar, who would have thought that Gengar, who was already a really strong poke since the physical and special split, would get a mega form that would turn it into a really disgusting monster. Shadow Trap? Even larger Speed and Special Attack? Its only downside is that it loses levitate? Not to mention, the thing looks really freaky.

- Mega Latias.
    - Mega Venusaur. For some reason, i find Mega Venusaur a really interesting poke since it becomes an unusually strong defensive sponge that could eat even Fire and Ice type attacks, a thing that only a few grass types can only dream.

- Mega Mawile. The thing is a work of art, beauty magnified. I guess all of you have already realized that i have a silly "liking" for these female-looking pokes which i find really adorable, but Mega Mawile looks like she means serious business. Yes I call the thing a "she".

What is your favorite featured game mode in LoL?

To be honest, I'm not really in with these featured game modes because I prefer to play LoL as the game that it already is. I want to further improve and improve in the game that i've played for quite a while and whenever i play these featured fun modes, i lose brain cells, which greatly affect my mechanics and play when i go to a standard game. To be fair, I did enjoy One for all the most since letting everyone play the same champ was something that made me laugh, as well as the second version of URF which introduced a ban phase that came from One-For-All, which meant that serious URF threats such as Hecarim, Zed, Eve, and Shaco could be removed for the sake of everyone. Urf Hecarim and Zed are great for stress relief but they are seriously not fun to play against, and at times I feel bad for the opponents who had to suffer having Hecarim and Zed open on our side, and being used by capable hands.

How did you discover PC?

Your basic "I saw this romhack that I want to download but i can't since I need to register and lurk" story. But then when i continued to lurk for a while, it didn't take me long to actually be more active as an actual user because of how in my opinion, this forum makes everyone feel at home. After all, a background check on PC helped me realize that this has been a forum that's been standing for quite a while and a lot of people, in particular the active posters seem to have embraced the truths and ideals that PC wants to bring about with its users. Sometimes, I feel ashamed that when i suddenly go out of track and start using cuss or swear words as part of my posts, i start to feel bad. Even when they are censored i still feel bad.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Your PC specs?

For the last few years since owning it, I've only used an HP Laptop that isn't really worth mentioning any "gaming rig" specs but I'm able to play League in both servers (Local and NA) with serviceable FPS as long as I don't run other apps.

Least favourite Pokemon?

Overall, Ledyba and its line.

Opinion on soccer?

its a great sport to watch if one can manage to keep up with how most soccer games are, which is not usually a scorefest unless people were talking about Germany's games during the world cup last year. I'm not a serious fan of it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Sorry for the bump. Anyway, some updates regarding my encyclopedia:

- I've noticed that i gave too much information so I'll be clocking out some info such as the necessary re-writing
    - Finally, after some activity, I get to bring out a topic we can talk about: Please refer to the front page.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • What's your favourite Xin Zhao build and why?

I typically play Xin Zhao as a jungler, and because of such, i have a very specific rune page with him with all the reasons:

Runes:
    Attack Damage Reds
    Flat Armor Yellows,
    3 Magic Resist Per level + 5 Flat MR + 2 Attack Speed Blues,
    3 Attack Speed Quints

Masteries: Once again, my masteries with him is very specific and has a lot to do with making sure that Xin is healthy while jungling, and still has that decent transition. I have a large emphasis on the jungle clearing masteries while at the same time preserving Xin's raw ability to deal damage by taking all the obviously needed masteries for attack and defense. There are certain masteries that I didn't take because some of them have side effects that I don't want and some of them aren't needed at all since they don't necessarily benefit him.

https://leaguecraft.com/masteries/040103010103030003000202031111000000000000000000000000000
    19-11-0

My tree is offensively oriented but I do not go necessarily down to Havoc since I don't personally need it and its still just a small damage increase compared to other much better and more impactful masteries such as Oppression, which goes well with Xin Zhao's kit.

Skill Priority:
    R-Q-E-W

Most of Xin's damage will be coming from Three Talon Strike so its natural to have it at the highest rank possible. Three Talon strike's Cooldown is reduced when the skill is leveled as well as its damage, which is really important to consider since this is Xin's BnB.
    Audacious Charge is more important to level up than Battle Cry because it greatly benefits from levels with its Damage and Slow amount being increased while the Cooldown is reduced. Since we got a lot of attack speed from our runes and items, so that 1 Level of W is mostly good enough
    Obviously level Ulti whenever possible. 6-11-16

Items:
    Cores:
    Smite enchantment depends on your team's win conditions and the enemies you are facing. Most of the time, i used to take Challenging Smite since it makes Xin such a disgustingly strong Duelist, but if the enemy team has a lot of kiters, then its better to take Chilling Smite in order to make ganks even easier and easily finish them off after your basic skill combo. There are times that I would take Ranger's Trailblazer where it eases up Xin's Jungle clear and gives that nice burst of regeneration but there are times that whenever i do gank, I feel using that Smite on champs would be needed.

DEVOURER - No other jungler needs the Devourer Enchantment than Xin Zhao does. Attack Speed is such a important combat stat for him and this jungle enchantment will give a lot of DPS and usability compared to Warrior. Our raw damage will come from other items. By getting Devourer, it means that we are able to conserve a slot for more damage and more importantly durability as the game goes on. Also, Devourer's On-Hit magic damage goes well with Xin's damage output. That little bit of Magic Damage on hit makes it that we are dealing mixed amounts of damage.

For Damage, my personal favorite items are Youmus Ghostblade, Trinity Force, and Blade of the Ruined King as i consider themes items the "best in slots" for him. Youmus gives that great speed and attack speed boost that enables Xin to piledrive on a squishy and proceed to destroy it. Trinity Force gives a great library of combat stats and that proc works well with that Three Talon Strike. Blade of the Ruined King ensures that Xin has a lifesteal item to sustain himself, and that physical HP Shred goes well with Xin's natural armor shred. Also, the Blade active is great for duels, ganks, and teamfights. Also, blade has attack speed, once again another important factor why its a best-in-slot item.

For Bulk, Randuins Omen is often a great choice, but there are times that I feel like getting Sunfire Cape instead in order to add some residual damage along with Xin's raw Deeps. Frozen Heart is an excellent Armor item on Xin Zhao because it gives a great amount of CDR, which is an excellent combat stat on him, while giving a strong debuff against other physical damage dealers along with the armor. Last resort item for defense is Guardian Angel because Xin is such a threatening target, and having GA means that I can "man-mode" even better.

The item set would usually look like:
    Boots of Mobility
    Devourer enchantment -> Chilling Smite/Challenging Smite
    Youmu's Ghostblade
    Randuins Omen/Sunfire Cape
    Blade of the Ruined King
    Frozen Heart/Guardian Angel/Trinity Force/Zephyr

And if winning really well, have room for Infinity Edge and deal massive deeps.

Item set is obviously not set in stone. I assess what i need to build depending on our team's win conditions. At times, I can build more damage and just add one defensive item if our team is winning and our team has a lot of utility and bulk coming elsewhere.

All in all, Xin has certain important stats to consider. Most of them I've covered with the runes and masteries and goes along with my usual item choices for him:
    Attack Speed. We got this from our runes and masteries, and we get even more of it with our items. The thing is that even though Xin has an attack speed steroid in W, its not a passive boost. It has a downtime. Also, more attack speed means that our Three Talon Strike will work out.

Damage. Obvious stat. We need to deal damage along with our attack speed.
    HP and resists. Xin is a Melee character and we can't build him exactly like how we build Tryndamere and go away with it.

Cooldown Reduction. This is a stat that certain other players also consider for him to be very good as it reduced his skills downtime, especially three talon strike. A shorter downtime on Three Talon Strike means that Xin has even more DPS than usual.

These stats are covered with how i built him, from the runes, masteries, and item choices. This is mostly the typical way of how i build him and its been working out well.

Ever heard Danny Elfman's band Oingo Boingo from the 80's?
    Yep.

Are you into cheesy 80's synth?
    Not much.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    How long did it take you to type that first post?

Who is/are your favorite player character(s) from the main series games?

Have you thought about taking up drawing and/or graphics making again?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • How long did it take you to type that first post?

Who is/are your favorite player character(s) from the main series games?

Have you thought about taking up drawing and/or graphics making again?

A) Approximately one hour. I've put a lot of thought in making the first post but then i had to make several revisions such as fixing up some typos, gamefaqs style navigation, covering up some LOOOOOOOONG sections.

B) While the player characters from the main games have always been just player avatars, I've always liked playing as the following mainly for aesthetic reasons and other factors:

Hoenn: RSE and ORAS
    May - I picked May as the player avatar because i saw the ADV Generation series anime before i even started playing the games again and I found May to be quite likable as the female companion. Also, playing as May (both RSE and ORAS) was quite entertaining since Brendan being the friendly rival seems to have this tone of liking May but because she's the player avatar, its basically Friendzoning Brendan at the ADV level. Regarding ORAS, i once again picked may because I didn't like Brendan's 3D overworld Model. I mean, his in-battle graphics look alright but since much of the game is spent on looking at the overworld, from in-engine cutscenes and basically playing the game, I couldn't take looking at Brendan's overly kiddy sprite. I mean seriously ORAS Brendan's artwork made him look cool and hip but his overworld model is uggggggh.

Unova: BW1&2
    Hilbert and Hilda || Nate and Rosa - I simply love their designs and they clearly look older than most of the other protagonists. I'll be a little more specific on the following:

Hilda - She pretty much looks the part of the adventurer. Her short shorts and tiny body hugging shirt means she wants to be as maneuverable as possible and unlike most other female protagonists who are overly dressed, Hilda pretty much has the tinniest attire possible without looking "Kid unfriendly".

Rosa - Donut hair, and a bigger pair of "knock offs" than her predecessor. Also her artwork is really good looking.

All in all, the Unova protagonists look really good. Their overworld sprites aren't so bad to look at and they really look good. They are probably my favorite designs on the protagonists.

Kalos:
    I picked the female avatar (Serena) because she had more of the customization options. Many people who i know who played X/Y before me also picked the female avatar because of it.

C) Regarding drawing, in order for me to go back to doing that, i need a lot of time, patience, and most importantly emotional investment if I want to create some high-level (at least compared to doodles) pieces of art. I used to draw a lot because I had the "emotional passion" for it. I have some drawings saved up on my Photobucket and I might show some old pieces that i really thought were alright.

About making graphics again, if i can install a new version of photoshop on my laptop I might consider practicing once again. I could start with GIMP for a while if i can. Much like drawing, i would need a significant amount of "emotional investment" if I really want to make some next level or high-level pieces of work.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nah

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Its been a while since I was active but I would greatly appreciate it if I were to be asked with more questions about anything :)

(Pokemon related, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, League of Legends, Metal Gear, old school games, movies, superheroes, and crazy ideas for Gen 7)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I haven't been around but I'm pretty confident that I'll have more time to participate so feel free to ask me more questions since I'm in a really good mood to answer anything :) /bumped

Back