• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you trying to complete the Pokedex or have you already?

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I've never done it before, so I'm going to try. It will be tough, but I bet as a long time fan and player, I feel like I owe it to myself to finally do this lol.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I completed my Y Pokedex a while ago, so I have almost everything I need at hand, but I'll try to catch as many as possible in OR rather than transferring everything. I'm also wondertrading a lot. When I get tired of that I'll move the rest in via Pokebank temporarily, just to getb the dex entries. My first time completing a dex was on Yellow, but Y felt more satisfying since you get the shiny pin as a reward. I want the shiny pin on OR.

PsyKiss

Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
    Years
  • The Shiny Charm is an item you get once you complete the Pokedex.

Aka, spam hordes for hours and you'll eventually find one.

I'll say this, if you want to beat the Pokedex', going through the past games and just catching everything you come across is a good start. I also reccomend going back to 4th gen for the trade evolutions and item evolutions because in XY/RS they are a bit harder to come by.

As for the starters, I say just breed a bazillion of them and put them on the GTS one at a time, and just ask for a Pokemon.

Don't forget to go to the mirage island and do friend safaris as well!

PsyKiss

Years
  • For the events, I'd wait until you can shiny grind to trade them out.

Also there are some generous trade shops that exist on the site, I'd look into them as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    working on getting the starter Pokemon myself, got the 6 from X and Y, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, then the Fennikins, Froakie and Chespin

got all 3 starters from ORAS, Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic

Picked Cyndaquill, Snivey and Piplup

so need the other starters if anyone wants to trade

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'm slowly trying to fill it. I only have 17 left to get for the Hoenn Dex, not sure about the rest. My Poké Bank subscription still has practically a year on it, so I should have plenty of time to catch 'em all. Now if only I could take a break from Shiny-hunting...

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I recently finished the National dex in ORAS. First time I've ever completed it so it was nice c:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I remember last New Years i said i wanted to complete the national dex... i haven't yet. I plan on completing it in ORAS, but i have no idea when I'll actually get to it :(

The good news is my duel enrollment just ended (finally). So I'll have more free time :3

PsyKiss

Years
  • If anyone has anything worth trading, I could trade over some of the hard to get stuff. I know this isn't a thread, but I'm willing to give out anything for a shiny timid or modest natured ralts (gardevior chain)

That right now is what I'm hunting o3o

Years
  • I finished my 'dex about a week ago and now own 719. Very happy with my decision to renew PokeBank for a year and transfer everything over to X, only left me with 160 or so to get once I'd moved them all over. Wasn't difficult at all! Gotta love how easy it is to breed starters and trade them all for everything I didn't have.. means I can be lazy in some instances, lool. Bred tons of babies and had to go through a large chunk of level evolutions too.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I've got a living national dex on every generation of the game.

The shiny pin, is now the shiny charm in generation 6.
    In Gen VI when you complete the region dex (kalos or hoenn) you get the oval charm which increases the chance of you getting an egg from the daycare center.
    When you complete the National Dex you get the Shiny charm, which increases the rate at which shiny pokemon appear (still some ridiculous number like 1 in 4096 that resets after every pokemon anyway)

Years
  • Well I did complete the Hoenn Pokédex just now, save for Deoxys which i'll go back for eventually. I have the Oval Charm now, yesterday I started at like 125 but I did a ton of transferring with Bank to get all the Pokémon I needed. The National Dex will surely come in due time, I hope.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I'm under 20 Pokemon away from completing the National Dex on Pokemon Y. Started back in May, and I'm really only short by the Regi's, event legendaries, King's Rock evolutions, and some version exclusives.

All but the event legendaries will be pretty easy to acquire.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I completed the Pokedex back in X, but I didn't think ahead to make a living dex. So I'm currently in the process of that now to store on Bank once I'm done. So at least for Gen VII I'll just have to worry about the new pokes.

Charizerd

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I am trying to complete the national pokedex in my alpha sapphire without using pokebank to transfer from X/Y. The only pokemon I am transferring with pokebank are the event legendaries. So far I have 450+ of the pokemon caught.

Back