• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Art Resolutions 2023

Years
Since the New Years is coming up, do you have any art-related resolutions? :D Anything you just feel like you want to get done in the upcoming year 2023? Like all resolutions, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, nor do you have to actually finish (bc lbr whoever does-).. but it's still nice to have a goal to try and achieve~

Bonus points if you have strategies on how you're gonna do it too!

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
The usual resolution of finishing a chapter of my comic before the year ends.
Tempo's been good, and I hope I be on a roll in the upcoming year as well :3c

Gonna be changing up my artstyle as well for the comic. which.. will only be noticable halfway, since I already got a good chunk done.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I wish to finish the "fav mon" meme before 2023 ;)

But during the next year, I suppose I'd also like to just... Learn a little more. I don't really have proper tools for arting, but am considering wishing for a tablet for my bday ;; would be fun I think. Now I just sketch by hand or draw uselessly with mouse on the computer heh. I'm not sure how far I can get with that.

My end goal is essentially to be able to draw my DnD and RP chars accurately enough ahah.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
probably draw more often. now that i have a stable (and rather gratuitous) job, ill have a lot of freetime to myself and would like to get into the habit of creatively expressing myself more.

probably getting back into making small game projects as well. been almost 2 years now since ive joined a gamejam so its an itch i want to scratch

Years
:eyes: noted on the drawing frequency, and ahhh game jams are a shout fdsk i wouldn't have the time for it personally but i've seen so much good stuff done with it even the three days ones esp on itch.

im also trying to get an art style change sorted out but it'll probably take some time and effort from me to actually start, ugh...

I don't really have proper tools for arting, but am considering wishing for a tablet for my bday ;; would be fun I think. Now I just sketch by hand or draw uselessly with mouse on the computer heh. I'm not sure how far I can get with that.
(Mersie draws using a mouse) but good starts!! I believe u can do it, your work's really cute <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Just becoming less bad, tbh. That also includes me trying to employ a better strategy at drawing. Most of it right now is just a combination of what little knowledge I've gathered over the years and a whole lot of improvising.

Years
Just becoming less bad, tbh. That also includes me trying to employ a better strategy at drawing. Most of it right now is just a combination of what little knowledge I've gathered over the years and a whole lot of improvising.

If you have anything specific in mind lmk! Ive also been… trying to be less bad lmao and I got some good things to start with for 2023 😌

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
in 2023 i'll have a workspace again so the goal is like. Do Any Art At All. im so out of practise i cry i gotta learn again and make a point of frequency!! i just dont have the skills to execute what i want to do. i really want to get better at making pieces more dynamic & also designing and drawing more clothing!!

Years
Do any art at all certainly is a good one haha
(Maybe a banner re-run might get you to go for it?)

I've been meaning to draw any art weekly but its already half of the first week and I'm dead

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
So, historically I've been foiled by my worst nemesis: anatomy.

Ask me to draw a human and I shall cry. I guess my resolution is to try and advance in that area.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
In general I need to be more targeted in what I make so I can get work, rather than just making whatever pops into my head (and never finishing larger-scale projects). I have two Unity WIPs from the last couple of years that aren't that big of scale but recently I realized I need something even smaller so I can actually have something finished. I also just need to keep honing my workflows, get better with basics (sense of depth in 2D art still leaves something to be desired, and there's always improvement to be had with anatomy). Lots more animation (2D and 3D both) - my last demo reel is from 2012 which is far too outdated to show, so I want to have enough animation to make a new one. Somewhat related, I want to figure out how to make merch people would actually want, since my previous attempts have never gone too well.

Last edited:
Back