• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    Sakaki being Satoshi's father is a horrible, horrible idea.

Houou being his father is even more horrible.

I prefer the idea presented in Takeshi Shudō's novelizations. It, in every shape and form, is much, much better than the atrocious ideas presented by Pokemon fans who have no idea who Silver is and are into bestiality in Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    I don't think its Giovanni because I read somewhere that he's Silvers father
    even though he hates team rocket. And it was mentioned in FrLg that Giovanni's
    son has red hair.But anyway I really don't think Ho-oh can be ashs father.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years

It's not all that uncommon for there to be several children with the same father, but not the same mother.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

We're not talking about the games, or the manga. The game isn't really canonly related to the anime, and in the manga, Sakaki is Silver's father, but the manga and anime are two completely different storylines.

It's not all that uncommon for there to be several children with the same father, but not the same mother.

Take this into consideration, too. My boyfriend has two siblings, and neither of them have the smae father-- all of them have a different one.

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    We're not talking about the games, or the manga. The game isn't really canonly related to the anime, and in the manga, Sakaki is Silver's father, but the manga and anime are two completely different storylines.
    Although the fact that the game isn't canonically related to the anime is true, changing a character's background too much from its source material is a horrible thing in itself. It's like making a Batman movie without the little back-story of his parents getting murdered (or Peter Parker not getting his powers from a mutated spider, but fell into a pit of spider sh*t, or something)... Might as well make an entirely new character instead of... you know, doing the same, only pasting a familiar character's name onto his/her idenity.

Of course, Silver's relation with Rocket Gang is not yet *confirmed* in the main canon, but there are lots of evidence to support it. And if it's indeed true... Let's just say that I feel that the "little" liberties that the writers take while adapting the games show that they care jack about the source material. Fleshing out the characters portrayed in the games, I love that. Making lots of alterations to a character, being the same in name only... I never liked it when they did that.
    Anyway, I have a feeling Oak could somehow be Ash's dad. :0
    It's hard to think of Orchid... as a pedophile.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Of course, Silver's relation with Rocket Gang is not yet *confirmed* in the main canon, but there are lots of evidence to support it. And if it's indeed true... Let's just say that I feel that the "little" liberties that the writers take while adapting the games show that they care jack about the source material. Fleshing out the characters portrayed in the games, I love that. Making lots of alterations to a character, being the same in name only... I never liked it when they did that.

And that's why we all hate Storc.

I believe Sakaki is Silver's daddeh. And if not...my story is screwed.

Ew. D: That's kinda creepy...really creepy...then that means...Ash is Gary's uncle...and PalletShipping is incest.

Years

Thats wrong on so many levels.If anything,Prof. Oak has a better chance of being his grandfather.Even though he isnt,I'm just saying I dont think Delia would gor for someone THAT old.

Years
    Well, if a woman gets lonely enough, and also "misery loves company."

Maybe,but I doubt that would be appropriate for the young audience.The way the dubs are, they would find that nasty and they would change it to a younger man.The dubbing thing is so stupid sometimes...like in One Piece they changed this black kid to a white kid.....so if they did that..than theres no doubt they would change Ash's dad if it was originally Prof. Oak.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
    The people using the japanese names here are really confusing... Giovanni as a name would be MUCH more well known than "sakakki" or whatever, just it's annoying to read and "try" and guess who they mean.

Anyway, I honestly could not see Giovanni as being Ash's father, in the Anime if I recall he just looked way too old, not "Oak" old but still old, but the fact he has had Jessie and James after that Pikachu since episode 1 makes me wonder.. (this is like Naruto, we waited forever to find out who his father was and about 90% of fans had guessed it anyway when he was revealed) I suppose though for Ash it's a little harder to guess since no adult Trainers really look like him much.

It would make more sense if Lance was Giovanni's son I think haha On another note, do team rocket still pop up every episode? I got sick of the show at the end of the Johto Series...so I don't remember a whole lot.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I believe Ash alredy met he's dad wandering around, maybe just saw him but they didn't talked and they will put him in soon enough (i hope ash alredy gets kicked out and they put someone else as main char =.=)

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    The people using the japanese names here are really confusing... Giovanni as a name would be MUCH more well known than "sakakki" or whatever, just it's annoying to read and "try" and guess who they mean.
    I'm not going to use the American names just to please you.

Anyway, I honestly could not see Giovanni as being Ash's father, in the Anime if I recall he just looked way too old, not "Oak" old but still old, but the fact he has had Jessie and James after that Pikachu since episode 1 makes me wonder.. (this is like Naruto, we waited forever to find out who his father was and about 90% of fans had guessed it anyway when he was revealed) I suppose though for Ash it's a little harder to guess since no adult Trainers really look like him much.
    Sakaki NEVER told Musashi and Kojirou to capture Pikachu. It's all on their own free will, because they believe that by stealing it, it would please their boss and they'd get a promotion.

It would make more sense if Lance was Giovanni's son I think haha On another note, do team rocket still pop up every episode? I got sick of the show at the end of the Johto Series...so I don't remember a whole lot.
    That makes no...

Oh wait, the last part explains EVERYTHING. 8D

On a serious note, if Wataru was his son, then wouldn't Sakaki already be in prison during his time as the Tokiwa City Gym Leader? e_e

(i hope ash alredy gets kicked out and they put someone else as main char =.=)
    Tough luck.

Years
    The people using the japanese names here are really confusing... Giovanni as a name would be MUCH more well known than "sakakki" or whatever, just it's annoying to read and "try" and guess who they mean..

ok..to make it easier for you

Ash=Satoshi
    Dawn=Hikari
    Misty=Kasumi
    Jessie and James=Musashi & Kojiro
    Brock=Takeshi
    Giovanni=Sakaki
    Max=Masato
    May=Haruka
    Delia(Ash's mom)=Hanako
    Prof Oak.=Okido Yukinari
    Gary Oak=Okido Shigeru

Those are the main characters who people will talk about the most.Hope that helped you and maybe you'll understand who people are talking about when theny use the japanese names

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
    It's times like this where I'm glad that the dub left out that small mention about Satoshi's grandfather in the second episode, or else we'd be getting loads of discussion and wierd theories about him too.
    You guys do realize, that just using the Japanese names even when there's an American version for them, makes you really damn pretentious.
    Or maybe, just maybe... Some of us are used to watching the original version of the anime rather than the dub? OMG!!!11 Real hypocritical. It's like forcing you guys to use the Japanese names. ;)

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    I do get quite the headache from these Satoshi's father topics I see everywhere. Sakaki is not Satoshi's father and never will be. Satoshi's father is clearly just a character they never decided on when should enter the series and ended up just dropping him from the series all together. As the japanese novel filled in. Satoshi's father is just some trainer who will probably never be in the series. If he ever enters the series it will be as a ending series thing which won't be any time soon.

In conclusion..

Houou is not Satoshi's father.
    Sakaki is not Satoshi's father.
    Stop making up completely unfathomable ties.

~Zack~

Cid

Years
    I heard Pikachu was once speculated to be Ash's father... ^^

Anyway, in my opinion, I think Narrator would be Ash's father.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    My theory is that Ash is only adopted. Since Delia is too young to be a mother. Also I think Ash is a Pokemon. Because he is very sociable to the Pokemon. Which means that Professor Oak is studying Ash.

Back