• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Attachment to Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I become very attached to my Pokemon, I must admit. I read about people who finish the game then immediately start all over again and are quite happy to ditch them and erase them forever. I can't do the same however, every legendary, rare, or anything I just feel the need to keep I'll do so. It's a habit I've had since having Pokemon Sapphire, where if I started a new game, I'd trade all of my Pokemon (Even the ones that I had several of, for example I have 3-4 legitimate Articunos I think, and I've already traded a few) that I wanted to keep over to another game and then trade them back.

When I wanted to transfer all that I had from my Pokemon Sapphire, Leaf Green and Fire Red, I had a hell of a lot to do. To date, I've transferred in excess of 180+ Pokemon through Pal Park that I wanted to keep. To be honest that number has probably risen past 200.

That's not to mention the 60-100 trades that I've done to other people in order for me to keep the Pokemon too.

I just can't let them go D:

Is anyone else as attached to their Pokemon?!

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Im a little like that... most of my team in HG is made up of my favourites from Platinum... and as im just about to restart platinum, im importing them to my HG...

shot571

yeah me too. Its really weird. a bit annoying too since I usually wanna replay the game but I cant -_-

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I agree! I don't want to start over. Well, disregarding the fact that I don't feel like doing everything all over again- I don't want to delete the Pokemon that I have named and caught. They're MY Pokemon now, and I'd be a bit sad if the game got copied over, deleted, or lost somehow. :<

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Same here. Especially after making progress on the Pokedex, amassing a battle/trading record with friends, filling my Pal Pad, making progress in the Battle Frontier, and so forth, I'm quite hesitant to restart my games. And I seem to get an ever-increasing number of Pokemon that I want to hang on to, so if I were to start over, the number of Pokemon I would have to transfer would be ridiculous.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    It's more I don't get attached to the Pokemon themselves, but more to my accomplishments and what I've achieved. Filling the pokedex, even with the power of trading online can take a while and I still have yet to achieve that. And after amassing so much stuff It's just hard to abandon it. I wish Pokemon games had 2 saves

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Not nearly on the level of the first Post, but anything worth keeping I keep. (Anything level 30+ and/or rare)

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I'm like this in some ways.
    I would like to play Pearl again (due to the fact I don't hardly remember the experiance) but I love ALL my Pokemon too much to do so.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I'm like this too. I would never start a new game, unless I absolutely had to. I would also try to trade over or migrate as much as possible, and I never released a single Pokémon before.

Years
  • I find I only really grow attached to my pokemon if I've spent a lot of time breeding and EV training. Those ones I can simply transfer over to another game to keep there for the time being. I have no problem with restarting my game after that.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah I'm like that. At first though I had zero means to trade my favorites and my teams so I could keep them and restart the game as I wanted to... but then I got Platinum and I finally learned how to trade between each DS. At first I forgot how to trade between DS' and thought you had to use the underground wifi thing.. and that failed for me, lol. Then it dawned on me I could just go to the union room >_> I'm old.. this is my excuse.

But yeah I always make sure to have a Blastoise somewhere on the game. Trying to defeat HG again so I can get a Squirtle. I'm never letting my baby go. ;^;

I also also also refuse to delete my Rapidash and my Golduck from my games now.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Not at all. I'm the kind of guy that restarts their game, erasing a year's worth of rare pokemon and breeding projects just because I happen to be bored that day. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In a way, yes. I tend to get attached to the Pokemon whose stats, looks and moves are good, which is pretty weird.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I tend to keep all my Pokemon from various playthroughs on one game, trading over my old teams to said game whenever I want to start over. So I end up with PC boxes full of old Pokemon. I never use most of them; it's more a "I can't get rid of them because I spent so many hours playing through with them" thing than a "I can't get rid of them because they're useful and well-trained" thing. My "main-game" is the one I use for actually trying to accomplish things and build a record. Like, I'll have all my cherished Pokemon on Diamond and do boredom-playthroughs with Pearl. ... Though having only one DS makes it a bit of a pain.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Happens to me, too. I wanted to do the Environmental challenge for SS, but just looking at my team once banishes all thoughts of such cruelty to these dudes. Also why I'm probably not going to import my main team into B/W- but I've had a few mainstays this gen and last who will make it to Isshu.
    The rest are a-gettin' me dem symbols in the Frontier (I only have one, but...)

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
  • I'm like this to a point. There are certain Pokemon I've become very close with and don't ever want to have erased. At this point I have a Lapras, Tropius, Politoed and Marowak from previous run-throughs.
    I trade the Pokemon I want to keep to another version, then restart my game. I love playing through the game with different Pokemon too much to only play one run-through.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    No, I am not, really. I do not care. I only kept one Pokémon and I still use it when I want to play FireRed or Emerald. Other than that, I do not get attached to my Pokémon.

Back