• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Autocorrect

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
    How do you feel about autocorrect? Do you rely on it to type everything? or do you disable it? What was your worst autocorrect mistake? How often does it mess up, or get it right?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I don't really need auto correct since my vocabulary is pretty okay :P

Sometimes I type too fast that I mistype the word so I just just the auto correct to give me the correct word instead of retyping it all over again.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I don't really rely on Autocorrect at all. Thus, I don't really have any embarrassing stories to tell regarding it lol.

Years
    I disable autocorrect if I have the opportunity, since I'm usually pretty good at spelling things correctly. In fact, it always bothers me more than it helps, especially before I disabled the automatic spell check on Firefox. It got a little annoying (especially on PC) when it kept telling me the name of any Pokemon I typed was spelled incorrectly, among other things.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    If I'm using something that has autocorrect, I usually disable it. I get really annoyed when it corrects my Pokémon words. I do however love the red line that comes up when I misspell something. It has saved me many times.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
    Years
    I have auto correct
    My worst strory was on a bad auto type
    In a bad fanfic in stead of eevee lavatory ivpur evil labatory :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. On times I do need it, it's only when I'm drunk. But other times when I feel like a badass and think I can spell good, I'll turn it off. In other words, it can be my friend, and it can also be my enemy too.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Never used it because many of my sms/texting terms from where I come from is not a word in the dictionary.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
    Years
    I may speak English rather poorly, due to it not being my native tongue.
    Yet I still despise auto-correct; it's just less intuitive than I need it to be.

Perico

Ripper
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    When I first bought my iPhone, I remember having autocorrect on for about 1 year or so... I ended up disabling it (I don't know how I could keep it that long!) Life is much easier when autocorrect is off lol

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Auto correct on my phone and tablet is a necessity. Luckily, on both I use SwiftKey so it usually does an excellent job. My typing isn't that horrible on either, to be honest, so I never really have any horrible mistakes with auto correct. And if I do, I fix it before I hit enter. :P Never used an iPhone's auto correct, so I haven't experienced the fail there.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
    I hate auto correct, both for texting and speech-to-text, because it always spells out something I don't want, or in the case of speech-to-text, I'd jokingly send some text messages to my friends with "vulgar" language, but it replaces the rest of the word with asterisks. Then they would ask why I bother censoring my vulgar words in a text message and I have to explain to them what happened.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    I love autocorrect on my phone and tablet. When you are using a virtual keyboard it can be hard to hit the right key when you are trying to type really fast. The thing about autocorrect is that you should still look over what you type before you send it, just like you would if you weren't using it. It only gets me in trouble when I don't review what it has typed before hitting send.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I disable autocorrect. While it's useful for simple typos, I find it does more harm than good.. so.. I just keep it off and double-tap a word to correct it manually myself after I've looked over a sentence :3 I like spellcheck but dislike autocorrect!

Shadowscale

Assassin
    Years
    Autocorrect makes me type nonsense..
    I've disabled it on my Xperia S x3

Examples: Noch (= also) -> Notch (the reply was a pretty lame minecraft joke.. c: )
    ist (= is) -> ISS (...)

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    My vocabulary and grammar is alright, but sometimes I find the autocorrect thing to be quite helpful. If I don't know the spelling of one word, I just type it, and they correct it for me.

Back