• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
  • @Derozio

I know what you mean, when I first join a forum I rely on recognizing people by their avis/siggys at first because it takes longer to associate names with people for me.
    I remember when I first got into forums, my signatures would be miles long...I like them nice and simple/short now. So it takes a lot less time for me to change things up. It takes me a while to find something I am really completely satisfied with and then it might stay for a while if I really like it. :3 On big forums like this, I'm not sure any body will ever recognize me anyways, I'm just here to share my thoughts with people. ^__^

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I don't really changed avatars that much. My old account had the same avatar forever (since 2009).
    I have no experience in making signatures and the like, as I am crappy with editing among others. I did draw the one I am using right now though. Kawaii kaiju are kawaii <3
    I don't mind if people change their avatars and signatures that much, although it is those two that usually strike me the most first.

And my forum profile has no layout. Idk how to do CSS stuff. I would try learning that in time xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I used to love having a good signature/theme, but now I can't say I really know where to look for one, as you can see by my current barren signature. I did just request a user bar to put in my signature, so maybe then it will look better.

I do prefer to match.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Yeah,I care too much about finding a good theme not only that but i also ask my sisters opinions about pics...and both avy and sig should fit.

I change my theme depending on my mood i could use a theme for a day or two a week or even afew mins...whatever comes to *points to head* *shrugs*

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I removed my sig because I'm in the process of drawing one and sketching it up and colouring, all that artist shizz. So you can say that I'm pretty dedicated. I made it a staple of mine to either put Jack Sparrow related stuff or my own work. Yep, it's that artist's complex.

Anyway, I don't like to shabby-up my avatar or signature so I find it hard to stick to something since I find flaws two days after I put it up. I've already found about three flaws on my mewtwo avatar, but this time I'm too lazy to switch it. So thank goodness.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm one of the guys who try to make signatures as attractive as possible (although the different case applied on avatar), to the fact that sometimes when I create one, it takes as long as an hour. Usually I have matching sets of my avatar and signature, except when I'm not thinking of changing my avatar picture (and it's usually when I'm using Victini as my avatar).

I rarely change themes except when I feel like it, or when there's special occasion. I often find images in Tumblr, even though sometimes I searched another source to get one.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'll be honest, lately I've been trying to put a lot more effort into my theme compared to around a year ago. I can't really explain why, but I guess the best answer I have is the beauty that is CSS. =P

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've been active on forums for quite some years and since then I've gotten quite a collection of different avatars. Many of them I made by myself, even though it takes forever to create them xD

I have a set of like three avatars which I like to rotate through, depending on my mood/the game I play/etc. The one I'm using right now is my latest addition to this.

I don't care too much about signatures and even if I come up with one, it doesn't contain CSS code, mainly because not all of the forums I frequently visit allows the use of it and I want to be a little consistent.
    Also because of my bad internet connection I've switched signatures off, so I don't even see any signatures ^^"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ooh, didn't knew people saw me as the one piece guy. Glad I could be a little consistent with that, at least, haha. Current one's from One Piece too, btw lmao.

Although, tbh, one shouldn't restrict themselves to having themes of just a particular fandom so that they become more recognizable due to them being associated with those particular fandom based themes. Its okay if you absolutely LOVE some series and you decide to stick with it for that reason but to stick to a particular series/fandom even after being bored of it just to remain recognizable is something I'm not a fan of. I'll stick with One Piece forever because I think I'll never stop loving the series and not because people have come to recognise me as that One Piece guy and I'd like to maintain that image, no.

Edit - btw not directed at you, tara. :p just saying
    Haha no it's okay. I totally don't think so as well. If I did I would still be sticking to Red themes despite my big obsession of him died like... three years ago. Sometimes I would have a theme of him for nostalgia reasons but I don't have theme after theme after theme of him anymore. Thus people don't establish me with Red anymore unless they knew me back then but establish me with a more recent thing I've has several themes of. At least that's what I think. It's why I mentioned several fandoms in my post because those are few of the fandoms I've had themes the time I've been here rather than just one the whooole time.

---

I have so many avatars. Both of what I made and what I have not made. Most of them are on a HD drive right now though. I think it's nice to keep all your past avatars and look back through them after a while and reminiscence and reuse them if you feel like it.

That sucks about having bad connection. :( I like seeing other peoples' signatures most of the time.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Ahaha yeah, those days. I still associate red with you, tbh. Even after so long lmao. Although tales characters also correspond to you in my mind because you've had so many tales themes. :] Oh, and I have most of my avatars stored too. Definitely feels good to go over them and remember all the times I spent using them.

Also, whoever changed thread title is an ass. No, just kidding, I'm actually glad someone did it. I wanted the thread title to have something that says something along the lines of 'avatars and signatures? Love em or **** em?' but idk how I ended up giving it that title, lmao. A much better title than the current one would be 'Your opinion on sets/themes', imo though. Should've gone with that in the first place. Sorry, mental fatigue after a long day causes me to lose focus at times. And I only visit PC at night. :p

and ^^ I'll be honest, I respect people who draw/design their own sets. I suck at drawing so the most I could do was make my own tags and icons instead of borrowing stuff from others. Seriously, wearing something made by yourself feels much better. I dream I'll one day be able to be like my dear Siggu and Jolyne - creating artwork in my themes myself and whatnot. That day's pretty far though haha.

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Awh, what kind of censor-loving buzz-kill edited the thread title? D;

Eh, I change them when I feel like it, and honestly, as long as I like how my Avatar and signature look, that's all that really matters to me. If that means I'm going far out of my way to make it seem epic and fancy, then fine. If that means that it's just a picture and a quote, that's fine too.

Years
  • My avatars and signatures have never been too fancy. I had a thing where I wanted to use stuff I made, and, well, my themes suck. Wish I'd just let other more artistically-inclined people do it instead.

For awhile I was into matching, but then I stopped putting graphics in my sig, so it couldn't match. Obviously now I have a Dwebble sprite in there. And a May avatar. What's up with that? :p

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Mine is way overdue but I am too lazy to change it!

Beside, having my Macbook died on me for so long before I even fix it made me redundant and illiterate when it comes to HTML/ CSS.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The effort I put into my status varies. More lately, I've been just using images from Tumblr or another site. Sometimes though I do whip out the old GIMP program (since I don't have Photoshop) and make my own signatures. The CSS in my current signature I got from someone else so I don't take alot of time to figure all of the right coding out so my current sig only required a Google search and no effort whatsoever. Same for my avatar. However, I do like having themes and trying to make my avatar and signature match as much as I can. I think themes are fun.

As for how often I change my theme, I only do it every several weeks and sometime my theme stays for a month or two. I have to agree with Derozio when he says that a person's theme or even just their signature is a way other users identify them as. It becomes iconic of that person and it's how they are recognizable. That's why I try to not change my signature/avatar a lot and will probably have this theme for a bit longer.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
  • I use the same avatar on all forums. My sig, on the other hand, I'll usually design after I get an idea for it. Right now I'm just going with something basic until I decide what I want to do for this site :)

Years
  • Mines Mio Akiyama from K-On, so I don't have to try and make it look attractive. ;p

I don't have a signature nor do I change my avatar very often, I just find a picture I like and leave it.

Years
  • Considering this was the only thing in my signature and this was my avatar for nearly a year, you can say I don't put too much effort into either of them. The only time either seems to be interesting is if I'm a part of some sort of collab, as is the case right now.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • My signature rotates as it takes too much effort to change the image when I draw a new Talli Tales image. As for my Avatar I do not really change it as I am too lazy too.

Years
  • I usually find a nice pic or two and edit them on photoshop to get some nice effects.

But hey , basic photshop skills are basic , can't really do much more than simple shading and edit stuff... >_>

Back