• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Are you the kind of person who puts effort into making your avatar and/or signature as attractive as possible? Do you have a tendency to prefer sets, ie, matching avatar and signature, over random avatars and signatures? Or do you not care about them at all? Or, rather, find putting effort into them a chore?

Slightly unrelated questions - How often do you find yourself changing themes? Also, is there any place/person you depend on for getting good icons/sets?

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Most of the icons I use come from seribii.net and I usually browse through tumblr and choose signatures I like. I don't really find myself changing the layout of my signatures a lot and prefer to use rotating signature, which I'll be putting back onto my signature soon.

Years
    Well i like an attractive avatar and signature. However i don't make my own. I depend on my best friend or deviantart to get the ones i like most.

I rarely change themes, when i like one i keep it for like six months or more.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
    Years
    I have the habit of changing the theme I use depending on the anime that i'm watching. and since I just finished Stein's Gate,this one might get changed. :p

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    I just use whatever I can find lol. I am too lazy to do anything special lol. though I do change my theme often

Sirfetch’d

I don't put a whole lot of effort into mine, but I put enough to make sure that they match. I wouldn't want to use an avatar that had nothing to do with my signature because it just wouldn't look right to me. I guess I put more effort into it now though as I have been using CSS in my signatures occasionally.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    Sometimes I do. There used to be a point in time where I'd only use graphics made by myself with the exceptions of renders and stuff, but I don't really do that anymore. My improvements became super minimal, so I stopped.

Years
    Yes, I always try my best to keep consistent with my avatar and signature for a universal theme.. usually with avatars I just crop them from a lot of things such as TV show snippets or just cropped artwork and maybe the same with signatures I do and these days I always try to do some form of CSS because I'm fancy like that and most of the time I will have a cursor to go with my themes too.

I love attractive forumsets. Don't care much for signatures but avatars? Yes! Don't put much effort into mine though, I'd rather find them on an icon community on LiveJournal and the like. Those guys are so talented.

I changed relatively often before, but I think I'm finally over that. Oddly enough once I switched over to a new forum theme I had almost no urge to change my avatar/signature around anymore.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I rarely put much effort into theme making/finding when I actually feel like changing what I have on my profile.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    As you can tell with my current signature, I just sort of throw things in there that I find cool or funny.

My last few avatars as of late have been Mass Effect related though.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My avatars and signatures are completely random, no cohesion. I've had the same .gif in my sig the entire time I've been here, but I occasionally change stuff around.

Years
    I don't really change my avatar at all, bar one short time (like couple of days) I've always had a shiny lugia in my avatar; I'll change the signature once in a while, just maybe.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    They say that people are what they eat, or how you dress describes how you look and act. In this case, I think having a matching avatar and signature depends on whether I feel like showcasing a nice theme or not giving any cares. I'm pretty neutral, if I have time to make a nice theme, I'll spend my time wisely in photoshop. If not, I'll put whatever theme I can find.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I try to make my avatar and signature match each other as much as I possibly can. If they don't match, then I just find them to be a little weird-looking. xD I put effort into my forum sets only when I feel inspired. I still try to put some work into them when I'm not inspired, but I just won't spend enough time on them to make sure that they're perfect. As for how frequently I change my theme, I change it once every week.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
    If I change my avatar, my signature should match with it.
    Yes, I put effort on making one. I just like stylish profile that fits on the forum.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    It's usually related to a think I like because the avatar and the sig are a statement of personality. I want to rub in people's faces that I love Fire Pokémon and generally pyromancers in fiction works.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I hardly ever change my signature and I've never changed my avatar from the day I signed up. I (somewhat) recently re-did my sig to look nicer and I think I did a nice job. I even faked that I have some drawing skills and did my own custom image for my fiction. The only thing I can think of that will change is what chapter I'm working on and added images for when I complete my current one and start working on another. I don't see me changing my avatar ever because I feel like it's how some people recognize me from across the forum.

Back