• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

awaken the legends. // legends of dusk win!

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
  • I don't like this wagon on JD. I think the original reason for it is flawed - I think he was more inactive than hypocritical, and Umbreon, juliorain, and Corviknight have been even less active or had even less productive posts, and Omicron's post is actually similar to JD's and neither of them posted again until today. It makes me think that JD is getting wagoned rather arbitrarily. Not to mention that Aldo didn't exactly help his case by voting JD for no freaking reason except the obvious one of getting the heat off himself. His whole "defense" was also a weak one-liner; maybe it is "guesswork," but it's still very helpful to at least have some clue what town and mafia roles are and are not in the game to figure out what you may or may not be able to pull off with certainty. He also didn't address my other concern, which was him somehow TRing juliorain after the latter made two content-free posts, which reeks of buddying which is not a townie behavior.

You are right on Corviknight and juliorain having similar activity levels, but JD stood up to me more than them. Although I'll admit I might have been biased from experience from previous games and their play styles on them.

I really doubt mafia would have an ability to just avoid a lynch, so I'd think it is safe to say JD is town. I apologize.

Now, for some discussion on the events, I'm willing to bet Morning Sun was used by Solgaleo, who I'm betting to be town aligned, from the flavor text. The only other legend that learns Morning Sun is Necrozma, but I find it a lot less likely than Solgaleo. If indeed town, this most likely is a one time use ability.

Now, will morning sun simply allows to talk during the night or is this going to disrupt mafia/help town in another way too?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well this certainly seems like the second best case scenario behind JD actually being mafia. The added effect of disrupting discord chats is a nice bonus. Cant say that I'm mad at a small wagon forming behind my vote at this point.

Also, Aldo, was that a soft or just salt?

Years
  • Aldo said:
    Consider it buddying or whatever fancy word, I believe it juliorain's town. A reasoning that one doesn't understand does not mean it's not reasoning. I have clearly stated in the certain post where I had my read on him that it was a tonal read and without much confidence on it because of the number of posts...

Yet here you are questioning the read and asking questions which had already been answered and using them against me. Are you doing this on purpose?

Also, pray understand. I'm not, by any means, saying you can't analyze the flavour text. I'm saying that it won't be my primary focus. For how long do you wish to discuss about the way I should play?

A reason that one doesn't understand and the other doesn't care to explain, but fine, whatever.

Aldo said:
    Either the mafia kills Earth Traveler or gimmepie, or I'll do it myself.

lol

yeah is this some kind of soft or what

Well, obviously JD is confirmed town now. I don't know if it's good or bad that he used up his one-shot on the first day, but at least it got us a conf-town. I guess we're not gonna find out much more until the night ends.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Obviously I was required to use it up now, which is super annoying. Still suss of Omicron but its not like I am 100% on that.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • day two.
    sleepless nights.
    It was hard to tell when exactly night ended, and when day began. It seemed a lot of the Pokemon were confused as well, as many seemed to laze around in the warmth of the midnight sun.

Another dead body was found in the morning: juliorain messily maimed. It just doesn't feel like he belonged here on this battlefield or stood much of a chance against these fearsome legendaries, to be honest. Wonder why it stuck around on the island in the first place.

It drifts in warm seas. It always returns to where it was born, no matter how far it may have drifted.

juliorain is dead. He was Phione.

Day Two will last for 48 hours.
    [/size]
    even legends play by the rules.
    ★ Votes may be formatted in any variation of [Lynch] Player. Just please make sure to bold your vote.
    ★ Missing two votes or night actions in a row will result in your removal from the game and your replacement.
    ★ Day phases will last 48 hours, and night phases will last 24 hours, unless otherwise specified.
    ★ Submit day or night actions to me by PM or by Discord (josh#0044).
    ★ Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread or to specified discord chats.
    ★ If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. after that you're barred from haunting the thread.
    ★ Do not post in the thread during the night phase.
    ★ You cannot abstain. You are however free to change your votes.
    ★ The player who receives the most votes in the day phase is lynched.
    ★ In the event of a tie for lynch votes, a coin toss will determine who dies.
    ★ All PC/UG rules apply.
    player list.
    ★ Pecilia as Tapu Lele
    ★ Simply Dunsparce as ???
    ★ Pecilia2 as ???
    ★ jdthebud as ???
    ★ gimmepie as ???
    ★ Corviknight as ???
    ★ aeternum as ???
    ★ juliorain as Phione
    ★ Midnight Umbreon as ???
    ★ Earth Traveler as ???
    ★ Anteros as ???
    ★ Aldo as ???
    ★ Omicron as ???

Years
  • This wasn't too bad a night phase then really. Mafia took care of a third party role for us. I'm thinking he might have been a Fool since Phione isn't a legendary.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'd thought about the possibility of Phione being a replacement for Manaphy if that mon was a role. Like maybe it could move into the role that Manaphy had in the case of its death albeit a slight bit weaker. But as GP said, being a fool makes a little more sense me thinks. Or perhaps a buddy type thing where Phione and Manaphy share a chat and a role ability since they're closely related mons.

There's suspiciously little activity so far despite being nearly 12 hours in. I'm finding Umbreon more suspicious the more posts that they make as they're all pretty low quality without adding anything to the discussion.

As far as Aldo goes, I feel like him being a companion to juliorain would be too simple and straightforward a game for him to play. Along with his soft(?) from last night, I'm going to townread him for the time being. There's a lot of thoughts rolling in my head about what he could be since he hasn't apparently taken any action against the two names he spit last night, but for the time being I'll keep them to myself.

Anteros and Corviknight are also people I'm still suspicious of due to the lengthening of the day phase and the addition of the sleepless night and them still not adding anything. I'm especially weary of Anteros at the moment, because I know that they've been in games before that have had much, much busier day phases so their apparent lack of energy is worrisome. This could just be due to RL circumstances, or that could just be a good excuse.

A vote may add some pressure to either case to loosen their lips a bit, but I don't want to have another train form behind me as we've already been given one not-so-freebie in JD. I'm going to go to sleep and when I wake up if neither party (or anyone else, for that matter) has added something it'll just come down to a coin flip for me.

Years
  • My bet is on Phione being a survivor based on its dex entry, but that's kinda whatever at this point. I seriously doubt that in a 13-player game there's more than one third-party role. It's likely 8-9 Town / 2-3 mafia at this point, probably 3 mafia IMO.

I would've called Umbreon out last night but I realized I was basically making a filler post too so I didn't bother. You're right on about Anteros and Corviknight, and Pecilia hasn't been very productive since rejoining the game.

Also, during the night, I was moved to tears by a beautiful melody. So that probably means I was targeted by Meloetta, obviously. Looking at bulbapedia, one of Meloetta's dex entries says that its melody can "make Pokemon that hear them happy or sad". Of course, I'm not sure if this is realized in this game or not, or what the effect would be, but I'm going preliminarily with Meloetta either being a fruit vendor or a roleblocker.

Years
  • To be honest my activity hasn't been great because I've not really been here enough to substantially contribute as I wished, but also I don't really feel there's a huge amount to go on. Ok so jd was forced to reveal he's Town.........what else is there? We have slight sus on Aldo which I suppose with julio flipping as he has, we can push a bit more? He's seemed a bit wobbly since he had a bit of pressure applied.

Umbreon........well at the moment there has been literally nothing in terms of contribution so I don't know if this is just due to inexperience or a very weird attempt at something.

My strongest town reads are probably ET and aeternum right now, mostly based on activity and the amount of scumhunting done with that activity.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Aldo disappeared after his vote on me so that's not a great look.

However since there were only 3 votes on me last phase it's not like scum has to be on that wagon.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • day two, midday.
    serebii's imminent demise.
    Another blinding flash of light in exactly the same place as the first, and there returned jdthebud, but this time lifeless, not breathing, unmoving. From my research I know that Celebi experiences time differently to most - but how it warped time to delay its death is beyond my understanding.

This Pokémon wanders across time. Grass and trees flourish in the forests in which it has appeared.

jdthebud is dead. He was Celebi.

Day Two will end in 24 hours.
    [/size]
    even legends play by the rules.
    ★ Votes may be formatted in any variation of [Lynch] Player. Just please make sure to bold your vote.
    ★ Missing two votes or night actions in a row will result in your removal from the game and your replacement.
    ★ Day phases will last 48 hours, and night phases will last 24 hours, unless otherwise specified.
    ★ Submit day or night actions to me by PM or by Discord (josh#0044).
    ★ Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread or to specified discord chats.
    ★ If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. after that you're barred from haunting the thread.
    ★ Do not post in the thread during the night phase.
    ★ You cannot abstain. You are however free to change your votes.
    ★ The player who receives the most votes in the day phase is lynched.
    ★ In the event of a tie for lynch votes, a coin toss will determine who dies.
    ★ All PC/UG rules apply.
    player list.
    ★ Pecilia as Tapu Lele
    ★ Simply Dunsparce as ???
    ★ Pecilia2 as ???
    ★ jdthebud as Celebi
    ★ gimmepie as ???
    ★ Corviknight as ???
    ★ aeternum as ???
    ★ juliorain as Phione
    ★ Midnight Umbreon as ???
    ★ Earth Traveler as ???
    ★ Anteros as ???
    ★ Aldo as ???
    ★ Omicron as ???

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well that's upsetting.

[vote] umbreon

Before I went to sleep last night I saw that they were on and looking at the thread but for some reason decided not to post anything despite the suspicion arising around their alignment.

Years
  • You know, I get that Umbreon isn't playing that well, but I don't know if I'm getting scum vibes from them tbh. I feel a bit more worried about the wagon building against them, feels like people could be capitalising on the easy lynch.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • You know, I get that Umbreon isn't playing that well, but I don't know if I'm getting scum vibes from them tbh. I feel a bit more worried about the wagon building against them, feels like people could be capitalising on the easy lynch.

Do you have a better option? At this point there's only 2 votes on Umbreon, but there's also only 24 hours left in the phase unless we get another extension. I voted them over Anteros because Umbreon was actually in the thread last night after I posted that I was going to bring it to a coin flip between them and anteros and they still didn't make a post. I'll agree, I don't know if it's exactly an outright scum vibe, but it definitely does seem lazy and kind of shady. And their previous posts in the thread don't do much else for them. If they had something to add to take suspicion away from themselves, I would assume that they would have done so by now, even if it was just a quick "don't lynch me, I'm town" or something similar. But that's just me.

Years
  • Do you have a better option? At this point there's only 2 votes on Umbreon, but there's also only 24 hours left in the phase unless we get another extension. I voted them over Anteros because Umbreon was actually in the thread last night after I posted that I was going to bring it to a coin flip between them and anteros and they still didn't make a post. I'll agree, I don't know if it's exactly an outright scum vibe, but it definitely does seem lazy and kind of shady. And their previous posts in the thread don't do much else for them. If they had something to add to take suspicion away from themselves, I would assume that they would have done so by now, even if it was just a quick "don't lynch me, I'm town" or something similar. But that's just me.

I mean, I don't necessarily disagree with this assessment but idk. Personally I'm still feeling iffy about Aldo but I'm going to mull it over for a bit.

Back