• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Banning Comic Sans Font

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Why ban Comic Sans? D: I remember writing many of my literature projects in this fonts when I was younger. Although it may seem overrated, banning a font is pretty ridiculous. Might as well ban other fonts you don't like if that's the case.

It was the font used on my profile for a while, too. :<

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Some of you seem to be missing what the people want. People are sick of seeing this font on OFFICIAL documents and things like Bibles, menus, et cetera. Using Comic Sans for things like that is ridiculous and unprofessional. It's used for Comics and things like Internet forums/fansites/et cetera; it shouldn't be used for anything else. What the people are trying to do is ban the font from things of importance.​

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I know. I hate the font in general, but I don't think it should be banned. If there's a Bible written in Comic Sans, DON'T READ IT. The stories are the same in a Bible printed in Times New Roman.

Or convert to Judaism/Islam and learn Hebrew/Arabic - they don't really have a Hebrew/Arabic Comic Sans. If you're really that sick of the font then I don't think you'd mind converting XD

As for other documents, its really the choice of the person who wrote it. It's just a bloody font and it's readable; I don't care if it's on a legal document or not. Sure makes the author look like an idiot, but that's their choice. At least it's nothing like Puppypaw or something like that. I think I'd jump off a cliff after seeing a legal document written all in Puppypaw *shudders*

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Well then, yes, I agree it should be kept out of places it doesn't belong, but then what of all the other wrongfully-applied typefaces? Won't there at some point be someone that'll try and get some other font banned fot the same reason?

I think a better course of action would be like Went said and just educate people better on proper use of typography. It's not the font's fault, it's the morons who use it wrongfully that are the problem.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Ew ew I hate this font.
    Just looking at that ^ made me blah.
    Banning it is stupid though. But I wouldn't mind. ;D

Azlef

Wha- we're on air?!?!
    Years
    You are kidding...right? No? *bursts into uncontrolable giggles* Whats so bad about the font? Times New Roman is so serius, and Comic Sans is Readable. It's a cool font, but goes bad if you overuse it. On Bibles? Ridiculus. But...to ban it!? WHY?! These people overeact way too much. Oh dear...*bursts into an uncontrolable burst of laughter *

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate it being used wherever. I used it at some point for school stuff, but meh, ew. D: Nobody better go banning Scriptina, Times New Roman and Tahoma though. D<

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    The people who want to ban comic sans have to be the dumbest losers on the planet....

I mean, marry someone because he hates comic sans too? And keep a poster in your daughter's bedroom that charts your typographical crusade? Not to mention that they have no reason to ban it other than their own personal prejudice....

It's official. They are the biggest losers in the world.

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    Why ban Comic Sans? D: I remember writing many of my literature projects in this fonts when I was younger. Although it may seem overrated, banning a font is pretty ridiculous. Might as well ban other fonts you don't like if that's the case.

It was the font used on my profile for a while, too. :<

This is going to far.

I love usin' this font. [ignore=current font of my profile page]

Yeah, I think they are going too extreme for this. Why are they trying so hard on a font? There are other things in this world that should have this attention!

How does it look nooby?. It's just a font, nothing negative about it.

Banning a font? ^^;
    That doesn't seem very logical...
    Comic Sans is a fun font, I don't see any reason why they would want to ban it. ^^;

Read the thread before posting a reply.

They want it banned from professional use not your lame internet use, fyi. Why? It's a terribly unprofessional font and is so overused to the point where it just makes half the world's population look even more retarded than they already are. Tell me how banning it from use in restaurants, Bibles, etc. is unreasonable and crazy and stupid? Is the Bible a comic book? Is your food menu a comic book? That's what I thought.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Most of the pro-ban supporters will think differently after watching this.

xDD Man, that was hilarious.

People have way to much time on their hands today.

Agreed. What the heck is the big deal if letters look like this?

They want it banned from professional use not your lame internet use, fyi. Why? It's a terribly unprofessional font and is so overused to the point where it just makes half the world's population look even more retarded than they already are. Tell me how banning it from use in restaurants, Bibles, etc. is unreasonable and crazy and stupid? Is the Bible a comic book? Is your food menu a comic book? That's what I thought.

How is it unprofessional? How is it overused? How is it anymore overused than Times New Roman and Tahoma and Arial? Just because something is typed or written a certain way doesn't necessarily change it's importance.

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    How is it unprofessional? How is it overused? How is it anymore overused than Times New Roman and Tahoma and Arial? Just because something is typed or written a certain way doesn't necessarily change it's importance.
    Please, go learn Typography and you'll see.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I like Comic sans

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    That still doesn't mean it's not a matter of taste. The people who want it banned are still the biggest losers I've ever heard of, and I could care less about comic sans.
    And how am I a loser because I cannot stand seeing a certain font in public? I'm a graphic artist with a natural eye for design, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about and isn't just about taste.

In fact, I love Comic Sans in web comics and whatnot, because that's where it belongs. But when I go to a restaurant, I want my menu to be something professional, and not a font that makes it look like a child made the menu, and thus a child owns the restaurant.

Last edited:
    Back