• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Barbie

Years

• I didn't see a thread for it, so here it goes...

What did you guys think of the film? Did you like it or not? I liked it more than I'd thought I would for sure. I think the message behind the movie was decent, and do think it's mostly a movie for us who grew up during the Barbie popularity craze be it when it released to us who grew up in the 80s, 90s, and possibly the early 00s.

Years
  • I really liked it!

Although I didn't think it was quite as good as the hype claims. There were a good few problems with it imo, but I still had a ton of fun watching it! Good soundtrack too!

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I have yet to watch it! I was on team Oppenheimer when both released, as when I saw the trailer first I honestly thought it was like pretty much most movies nowadays, milking IPs for no reason, but seeing people's reviews I'm tempted to see it!

Years
  • Although I didn't think it was quite as good as the hype claims. There were a good few problems with it imo, but I still had a ton of fun watching it! Good soundtrack too!
    Yeah, agreed. It's not as good as the hype claims. I never wanna watch shows that are hyped up or even movies... buuut I did.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I haven't seen it yet, but it definitely exploded in popularity. I'm not really into those kinda things (doll franchises) but maybe I'll give it a go. Better that than that stupid horror pooh movie.

Years
  • Watched it on our flight back home in late December! Was pretty entertaining and I liked some of the jokes but I don't think I would put it past 7/10 in rating? Definitely enjoyed it but it didn't have that whoa this is great!! moment for me.

Years
  • I haven't seen it yet, but it definitely exploded in popularity. I'm not really into those kinda things (doll franchises) but maybe I'll give it a go. Better that than that stupid horror pooh movie.

I definitely recommend watching it! You don't need to be into Barbies to enjoy it.

Watched it on our flight back home in late December! Was pretty entertaining and I liked some of the jokes but I don't think I would put it past 7/10 in rating? Definitely enjoyed it but it didn't have that whoa this is great!! moment for me.

Same for me, had lots of fun, but it's not a masterpiece for me by any stretch.

Years
  • Haven't watched the movie yet, but have the Blu-Ray. As a male who ironically doesn't mind chick flicks and watch movies all the time that are geared towards women, which sometimes is because I'm attracted to the actress playing in the movie and most of the time end up enjoying the movie. The trailers made this sound like a cheesy film, doesn't hurt that Margot Robbie is gorgeous, but I also have a sense of attraction to these sort of films. I also like serious movies don't get me wrong, but I think there is going to be charm in this movie when I finally get around to watching it.

(PS: Yes I know my username might make you believe I'm a girl, but my favorite movie is harry potter and that is my favorite character.)

Days
  • The Barbie movie was undeniably creative, and contained lots of humor to balance out the deeply-rooted norms that it discussed.

The vibes they put in the world of Barbie land are extremely well-made, impressive, musical numbers, amazing acting, and a very good lesson it brings at the end for accepting. What do you want to do in your life being your own you and accepting for growing up

Trust me and go to watch the Barbie movie and you'll experience yourself and you will be amazed and appreciate market Robbie and Ryan gosling's acting performances as the iconic duo

Back