• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • Well no one is saying Shoddy is going to take over the Battle Stadium...We're simply considering promoting it a bit more for the sake of good, quality activity both here and on our server.

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • I disagree.

Shoddy is a good place to sort out a team that works for you. Once you've made a team that works, make it on Wi-Fi, and use it there.

This way, you're not making random teams that have no synergy.

Maybe, but your also taking away the learning experience. Whats the point of it when right away you can learn for example "oh, Raichu and Gyarados dont exacly work well in a team"

Many people who are good at this game know this because they grew up with Red, Blue, Yellow and so on before the internet was such an easy thing to access and the nerd gods made shoddy.

This is 1 of the reason n00bs exist. Because everyone takes the easy way out.

Years
  • Maybe, but your also taking away the learning experience. Whats the point of it when right away you can learn for example "oh, Raichu and Gyarados dont exacly work well in a team"

Many people who are good at this game know this because they grew up with Red, Blue, Yellow and so on before the internet was such an easy thing to access and the nerd gods made shoddy.

This is 1 of the reason n00bs exist. Because everyone takes the easy way out.

Thay's so true :D
    I was a kid on Red/Blue and I only taught pokes the moves with higher base power, I considered things like reflect useless XD... It happens when you are 7 years old.
    And Raikou/ Gyarados work well on a team XD

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    2. Some people just wont understand how to set-up a team and all that on shoddy, but most likely they are the people that dont understand wifi either.
    Never used shoddy
    Don't make an assumption that it's difficult when you have never used it. Shoddy team building is straightforward, and even if you have trouble ask in the main chat.

Maybe, but your also taking away the learning experience. Whats the point of it when right away you can learn for example "oh, Raichu and Gyarados dont exacly work well in a team"
    And you can't learn the same on Shoddy?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I honestly don't encourage more activity on the server, and I'm sure most of you will call me childish for this, but the staff on it abuse their powers (Well, most of them). As long as we're here, there is a visible set of rules that is followed and executed, but on the server, people will constantly kick you, perma ban you because they lost an argument, flame the hell out of you, etc.

I think just getting on the Smogon server, if anything, to carry out matches is a much better option.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I honestly don't encourage more activity on the server, and I'm sure most of you will call me childish for this, but the staff on it abuse their powers (Well, most of them). As long as we're here, there is a visible set of rules that is followed and executed, but on the server, people will constantly kick you, perma ban you because they lost an argument, flame the hell out of you, etc.

I think just getting on the Smogon server, if anything, to carry out matches is a much better option.

That's mature, bad mouth the server just because you've run into trouble on it =/

C'mon Ooka, you can't take shoddy that seriously. We like to joke around with people, and a few harmless kicks can't possibly justify an abuse of power. We only seriously kick/ban people when they're being annoying/bad members. And if you constantly find yourself getting booted from the server, maybe that's a reflection on your behavior, not ours.

Guys don't be afraid to come on our server if you're looking for help with battling or just want to chat, it's a fun place ^^

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • @Ooka, I don't know about you, but I read the rules before I registered on PC's server, and it seems to me that you are ignoring one of them pretty badly, aka this one:

10. We have a strange sense of humor so expect to be teased a little from time to time especially if you do something silly. Really don't take to heart though, it is the internet. We all tease each other and its all in good spirit and we don't mean anything by it, if we mean it will we state it. Sometimes we kick people in a joking matter. If you complain about being kicked, it will only get you kicked more.

If you feel that you are being "violated" (my English vocabulary is rather... limited) by the Shoddy community, please, just try to be less serious and don't take everything personal. I'm new, and while I was intimidated by how some people might seem like they are freaking scary and abusing of their powers, I soon realized that hanging at PC's server is one of the most fun and entertaining aspects of PC. If you don't feel the same way as I do, I respect that, but to me it seems like it all comes down to you being whiny and intolerant about others making jokes at each other :/

Ooka

Years
  • Nah, even sometimes I have sat there and watched vance kick up to 10 people, just for the fun of it. It isn't because I've run into trouble at all, it's because it really is abusing powers, lol. I'm just giving everyone fair warning, when you get on their, if you say anything even slightly wrong to Anti, you will be kicked, and if you say anything even slightly insulting you will be banned. As long as you don't say a word in the chat box and don't battle and beat D_A, you might make it off the server without being kicked, but again, it's still a might.

EDIT: And that rule above just proves why battling here is a better option, you can't be banned / kicked by beating anyone, and there are completely fair rules.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Oh my God Ooka. Its the internet. How can you take it seriously? Its nothing to cry about. I mean, seriously. Its not like they ban you for ten years for a joke. They kick you. Oh boohoo, log back in. Its in the rules so its expected. If you do something that gets you repeatedly kicked though, here are two suggestion:

1) Stop doing what you were doing.

2) If you weren't doing anything, realize its a joke.

Honestly, I got banned for an hour because I said something about Lady Gaga when someone was on, but I didn't really care. I knew it was a joke, so after the hour, I logged back on and didn't say that again, if you don't learn from your mistakes, and take the internet seriously how is anyone going to take you seriously.

EDIT: P.S. Sorry Blade, Aura, and the other mod for being a distraction in BS.

Ooka

Years
  • I'm not crying lol? Anyways, I actually did get banned for 9 years for arguing with Anti. So yeah.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not crying lol? Anyways, I actually did get banned for 9 years for arguing with Anti. So yeah.

No you were actually shouting at him, typing in caps and generally being a pain in the gluteus maximus because he disagreed with you. Anyone who was on the server can verify that too so yeah lol

Ooka

Years
  • And like I said before, I wasn't "Shouting" at him, because it's impossible to shout over the internet. He kept saying he missed the comment I made, so I typed it again in caps and said "Can you see it now?".

And I still don't see what would cause any more than a 24 hour ban.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Ok guys I didn't mean to start a massive argument, I just wanted to clarify that the shoddy staff are not out to get you. Yes, we like to joke around, and yes you may be randomly kicked but please don't take it to heart, it's not because we don't like you. Let's try to get back to discussing the actual Battle Stadium, lol =(

Ooka

Years
  • And I'd like to say sorry, I'm not out to make them bad people, and I like them all, I just don't like how they go about using their staff powers on the server. Although I'll admit, when no one is arguing it is fun there.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Naw I think we need more mods to randomly pop up and troll to get that worked out. The staff may consider it a joke, and others may as well, but the one being kicked probably doesn't. Another reason not to use Shoddy. I know when I'm on Combat Arms(free online FPS with nearly no relevance), when an Elite Mod kicks me for no reason, I don't find it funny. I find it annoying.

But yeah, back to the main topic. I know about that Motisma League that's coming and I'd just like to know who's involved(need this info so I know who may be to busy to be involved in Nova League).

Ooka

Years
  • Well, there's, Dark Azelf, Beachy, Aurafire, Wolf (Ookami), Aero, Syndrome, myself, Pokedra, Vance, Haley Williams, um..... Geo Gemini, um, thoughts, and Jake. I think that's everyone that leads/subs for leaders.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I feel that the mods only kick people they know because they understand that it's a joke. When they kick a random member who didn't do anything wrong, ect, that member doesn't understand most likely and I personally feel that it shouldn't be done (which is hasn't, therefore, I win).

Umm yeah. Shoddy battle whoo. Shoddy increases activity. This argument will go nowhere as almost no one can back their statements up with viable explanations (except me of course lol. ^o^)

P.S. This iz trollin'. I be trollin' n' u all shuld stop saiing tat teh modz r trollin' wen u dont evn no wat it iz.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Shoddy doesn't increase activity, and Wi-Fi doesn't decrease it. If Wi-Fi acts up it's almost always Nintendo's fault and who's to say an overloaded Shoddy server wouldn't mess up?
    This is probably the only time I'll miss Greene1516's rants. He'd at least be able to set some level of agreement.

Back