• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battlerock Galaxy!! - Rock-type Fan Club (ORIGINAL POST UPDATED)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Kabutops

this guy has a rather interesting Rock/Water typing which lets it beat some water-types with its good attack stat and speed. It's also a fossil, which makes it more unique in this regard. Opinion on it?

Nothing makes it unique, looks like a cross bred between Pinsir and Sycther. Jk

On the aesthetic side, Kabutops reminds me a lot of those horror manga/anime creatures, Parasyte, to be exact. I can totally picture this Pokemon committing something gruesome. {XD}

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Nothing makes it unique, looks like a cross bred between Pinsir and Sycther. Jk

On the aesthetic side, Kabutops reminds me a lot of those horror manga/anime creatures, Parasyte, to be exact. I can totally picture this Pokemon committing something gruesome. {XD}

there are a lot of memes about genesect secretly being a kabutops or something

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
there are a lot of memes about genesect secretly being a kabutops or something

Interesting, this is the very first time I've heard of this theory. The structure does look similar, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Kabutops to begin with!

Going to the battle aspects now, have you used one in-game/metagame, Vodka?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Interesting, this is the very first time I've heard of this theory. The structure does look similar, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Kabutops to begin with!

Going to the battle aspects now, have you used one in-game/metagame, Vodka?

yes, I've used it in OU. iirc in BW2 it worked on weatherless and sand to pressure rain and in XY it's good on rain teams themselves, since it has swift swim. (and you probably know rain + swift swim is banned in Gen 5)

it's a good late-game pokemon since it has excellent speed and good power combined with boosted waterfalls and aqua jets.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
yes, I've used it in OU. iirc in BW2 it worked on weatherless and sand to pressure rain and in XY it's good on rain teams themselves, since it has swift swim. (and you probably know rain + swift swim is banned in Gen 5)

it's a good late-game pokemon since it has excellent speed and good power combined with boosted waterfalls and aqua jets.

Stat wise, Kabutops isn't really that bad. No I'm not being biased because of its Water-typing. XD

It's obviously a killer under the rain, gory if you ask me! {XD}

I personally hate the Drizzle + Swift Swim ban and other variant of weather bans, but I'll stay quiet on this one or I'm going off-topic!

It is rather sad that I haven't used a Kabuto and Omanyte in games. I'll elaborate more on my next reply. I hate creating bulky replies in a fun place just like this club. {XD}

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Stat wise, Kabutops isn't really that bad. No I'm not being biased because of its Water-typing. XD

It's obviously a killer under the rain, gory if you ask me! {XD}

I personally hate the Drizzle + Swift Swim ban and other variant of weather bans, but I'll stay quiet on this one or I'm going off-topic!

It is rather sad that I haven't used a Kabuto and Omanyte in games. I'll elaborate more on my next reply. I hate creating bulky replies in a fun place just like this club. {XD}

Omastar is well-known nowadays because of TPP. Lord Helix much?

Drizzle+Swift Swim actually had good intentions to be banned but yeah we're kinda going off-topic so... Kabutops only had use against rain teams.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Omastar is well-known nowadays because of TPP. Lord Helix much?

Drizzle+Swift Swim actually had good intentions to be banned but yeah we're kinda going off-topic so... Kabutops only had use against rain teams.

Spoiler:

So my reason for not having Omanyte or Kabuto in-game is due to the late availability, should they become available around 2-4 Gym in RGBY/FRLG then I'll definitely use one of them. Notable mention, Tangela suffers this problem as well. :)

I would like to suggest a topic on the weather (soon)? As Rock-type is one of the affected types from weather conditions. :)

Years
Username: ProfChaos
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Kabutops
Reasons for liking Rock-types: awesome design.
Answer to current topic: (optional)

Kabutops is my 3rd fave pkm ever. Unfortunately like all rock types, the weakness to fighting and ground is extremely cumbersome. The weakness to grass and electric wasn't originally a big deal, but the more moves and pkm they added, the more it became difficult to use this guy effectively since the chances are ever increasing that it will have a bad matchup. Still, the design is awesome and the fact that it's fossil makes it unique and on the rare side. Together with Dragonite, it was my second lvl 100 ever that helped me troll the pkm league over and over, pokemon stadium for n64 port, and when i eventually ported to gold version.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Kabutops is my 3rd fave pkm ever. Unfortunately like all rock types, the weakness to fighting and ground is extremely cumbersome. The weakness to grass and electric wasn't originally a big deal, but the more moves and pkm they added, the more it became difficult to use this guy effectively since the chances are ever increasing that it will have a bad matchup. Still, the design is awesome and the fact that it's fossil makes it unique and on the rare side. Together with Dragonite, it was my second lvl 100 ever that helped me troll the pkm league over and over, pokemon stadium for n64 port, and when i eventually ported to gold version.

Hello, welcome to the clubs! Those words on Kabutops are quite correct. The Rock and Ground type are often mistaken to one another, but interestingly when they are paired with the Water-type, they create different kinds of chemistry. :)

Going back to Kabutops' typing, it sure looks unfortunate on he defensive side. But we can ignore the offensive area too! Rock-type moves are well known for being common due to their great coverage against common types in the metagame area. So receiving a STAB Rock Slide/Stone Edge are obviously icing on the cake, its access to Aqua Jet makes it quite the formidable opponent!

This Pokemon deserves to be upgraded by Game Freak, it has potential. :)

Please stay active in the clubs, we love active members! Vodka, our club owner is of the regulars here so you're lucky to be part of this club. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years

Yoooooooo. Kabutops is indeed one of the coolest Pokemon of the first gen, and it packs a high attack stat, good speed and an interesting Rock/Water typing. Welcome!

Hello, welcome to the clubs! Those words on Kabutops are quite correct. The Rock and Ground type are often mistaken to one another, but interestingly when they are paired with the Water-type, they create different kinds of chemistry. :)

Going back to Kabutops' typing, it sure looks unfortunate on he defensive side. But we can ignore the offensive area too! Rock-type moves are well known for being common due to their great coverage against common types in the metagame area. So receiving a STAB Rock Slide/Stone Edge are obviously icing on the cake, its access to Aqua Jet makes it quite the formidable opponent!

This Pokemon deserves to be upgraded by Game Freak, it has potential. :)

Please stay active in the clubs, we love active members! Vodka, our club owner is of the regulars here so you're lucky to be part of this club. :)

Tbh, on the competitive side Kabutops is already pretty damn good, due to Swift Swim and Swords Dance. But yeah it could be improved a lot, with either a mega or a move that boosts its attack and speed, kinda like Shift Gear.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
time to update this

New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Omastar

Known for its TPP fanbase, Omastar is a rock/water mon with good special attack, decent defenses, access to Shell Smash and its ability to abuse the rain to the fullest. What do you think of this guy?

kawaiimix

Radically Awkward Trainer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
Username:
kawaiimix.

Favourite Rock-type Pokemon:
Rampardos!

Reasons for liking Rock-types:
Strangely enough with me, I actually really like that most rock types have a high defence stat! c:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
time to update this

New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Omastar

Known for its TPP fanbase, Omastar is a rock/water mon with good special attack, decent defenses, access to Shell Smash and its ability to abuse the rain to the fullest. What do you think of this guy?

In terms of design, I am not a fan of Omastar. Stat wise it's great under the rain. Movepool wise, it has access to Scald/Surf/Hydro Pump, Ancient Power, Ice Beam, but it can be better than that.

Username:
kawaiimix.

Rampardos!

Strangely enough with me, I actually really like that most rock types have a high defence stat! c:
Hello and welcome to Battlerok Galaxy! What's your thoughts on Omastar?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username:
kawaiimix.

Rampardos!

Yo, welcome. I like Rampardos's design quite a bit, though sadly it's not that great when used in battle.

In terms of design, I am not a fan of Omastar. Stat wise it's great under the rain. Movepool wise, it has access to Scald/Surf/Hydro Pump, Ancient Power, Ice Beam, but it can be better than that.

You forgot Shell Smash. That move is what defines Omastar competitively, alongside Swift Swim.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Yo, welcome. I like Rampardos's design quite a bit, though sadly it's not that great when used in battle.

You forgot Shell Smash. That move is what defines Omastar competitively, alongside Swift Swim.

No I didn't forget it, in fact you mentioned it on your post. I just don't see a reason to parrot it. Lmao

Otamegane

1st Megane~~
Years
Username: Otamegane
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Cradily
Reason for liking Rock-types: Good advantages in the early game and high defense

Otamegane

1st Megane~~
Years
People often think that Kanto Rock-types are most of defensive and tanky Pokemon. But Omastar is different. Originally, it's a tank with good Defense & Sp.Attack. But with Shell Smash and Weak Armor abibilty, it can be an offensive Pokemon with high Speed, Sp.Atk and still have a decent Defense. Shell Smash and Swift Swim are strong, too. Especially in rain team.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
this club is dying

New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Carracosta

Carracosta's a Water/Rock-type Pokemon with decent defenses and access to Shell Smash, making it one of the most dangerous Pokemon to use in-game. What's your opinion on it?

Back