• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battlerock Galaxy!! - Rock-type Fan Club (ORIGINAL POST UPDATED)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
The original post has been updated. Note that the CSS is not mine and all credit goes to its respective owners.

With that said, here's a new topic: Pokemon of the Week - Tyrantrum

Tyrantrum is a hard-hitting, decently bulky Rock/Dragon-type Pokemon. It has some of the most fearsome attacks in the game, including a Head Smash which is not affected by recoil, access to Dragon Dance, and a colorful coverage movepool. Opinions?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username: Sun
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Tyrunt along a few others, this is always the tough part (Make it my first partner if possible)
Reasons for liking Rock-types: They are strong on the physical defense, some are also strong in the offensive area! Not to mention, moves like Rock Slide and Stone Edge are very very very popular.

I've used the Tyrunt line in my Kalos game playthrough, I must say it's one of my top Rock-type favs! Have you used one, Vodka? :) (I'll keep on answering as in a convo, rather than a one-time post off thing. Hope you won't mind.)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: Sun
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Tyrunt along a few others, this is always the tough part (Make it my first partner if possible)
Reasons for liking Rock-types: They are strong on the physical defense, some are also strong in the offensive area! Not to mention, moves like Rock Slide and Stone Edge are very very very popular.

I've used the Tyrunt line in my Kalos game playthrough, I must say it's one of my top Rock-type favs! Have you used one, Vodka? :) (I'll keep on answering as in a convo, rather than a one-time post off thing. Hope you won't mind.)

about time

hey there, welcome. nope I've never used Tyrunt since well I don't own XY or OR/AS. but I did use cb tyrantrum on showdown and holy **** it's like Brock Lesnar on steroids

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
about time

hey there, welcome. nope I've never used Tyrunt since well I don't own XY or OR/AS. but I did use cb tyrantrum on showdown and holy **** it's like Brock Lesnar on steroids

It's a unique Pokemon it hits hard and is able to handle physical moves (considering they aren't super effective moves). While it draws a crazy amount of weaknesses, namely Fighting, Steel, Ground, Ice, Dragon and Fairy-type with all being common type moves. Do not be fooled by its cons! Offensively it has a great typing and decent movepools, I'll elaborate more in my next reply.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
It's a unique Pokemon it hits hard and is able to handle physical moves (considering they aren't super effective moves). While it draws a crazy amount of weaknesses, namely Fighting, Steel, Ground, Ice, Dragon and Fairy-type with all being common type moves. Do not be fooled by its cons! Offensively it has a great typing and decent movepools, I'll elaborate more in my next reply.

not to mention most dragons, fairies and ice-types can't switch in.

and the dragon dance set is really hard to revenge kill, what with its excellent physical defense and the strength of its +1 head smash.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
not to mention most dragons, fairies and ice-types can't switch in.

and the dragon dance set is really hard to revenge kill, what with its excellent physical defense and the strength of its +1 head smash.

I'm unfamiliar with both real competitive scene and showdown's. But I think they can't because those aforementioned types are being ambush with moves that they are weak against at. So that sort of provides a protection for Tyrantrum. :)

For a Pokemon with huge build and Rock-typing (without the Flying as its another typing), it is surprisingly fast. I believe a 71 Speed is unacceptable by universal standard of Speed stat, but if it were pitted against its fellow Rock-Pokemon, it would easily crack them alive.

I think a Jolly Rock Head Tyrantrum with Choice Scarf can be deadly if it has Head Smash, Outrage. Superpower, Earthquake, Iron Head and Zen Headbutt give Tyrantrum a great coverage. :D

I don''t hate Goodra, in fact she's one of my favs. But it would be hella awesome if our pseudo-legend of Gen VI has the design of Tyrantrum. (Of course, it needs the 600 BST and three stages, hahaha). You would be delighted too, if we have a Rock-type as a pseudo legend. ;)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I'm unfamiliar with both real competitive scene and showdown's. But I think they can't because those aforementioned types are being ambush with moves that they are weak against at. So that sort of provides a protection for Tyrantrum. :)

For a Pokemon with huge build and Rock-typing (without the Flying as its another typing), it is surprisingly fast. I believe a 71 Speed is unacceptable by universal standard of Speed stat, but if it were pitted against its fellow Rock-Pokemon, it would easily crack them alive.

I think a Jolly Rock Head Tyrantrum with Choice Scarf can be deadly if it has Head Smash, Outrage. Superpower, Earthquake, Iron Head and Zen Headbutt give Tyrantrum a great coverage. :D

I don''t hate Goodra, in fact she's one of my favs. But it would be hella awesome if our pseudo-legend of Gen VI has the design of Tyrantrum. (Of course, it needs the 600 BST and three stages, hahaha). You would be delighted too, if we have a Rock-type as a pseudo legend. ;)

tyrantrum's best set afaik is actually a choice band set as it's ridiculously hard to switch in due to head smash 2HKOing most of its switch-ins. outrage 2HKOes many ground-types (hippowdon, garchomp) and superpower defeats bulky steel-types like ferrothorn and heatran, while fire fang removes scizor from play.

we already have tyranitar as a rock-type pseudo-legend but I sure as hell wouldn't mind a second one. also I'd personally say goodra is more of a he

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
tyrantrum's best set afaik is actually a choice band set as it's ridiculously hard to switch in due to head smash 2HKOing most of its switch-ins. outrage 2HKOes many ground-types (hippowdon, garchomp) and superpower defeats bulky steel-types like ferrothorn and heatran, while fire fang removes scizor from play.

we already have tyranitar as a rock-type pseudo-legend but I sure as hell wouldn't mind a second one. also I'd personally say goodra is more of a he

I wonder if it's good to Baton Pass a +4/+6 Speed to Tyrantrum. :) What kinda Pokemon make a good to perfect partner for Tyruntrum, iyo? :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I wonder if it's good to Baton Pass a +4/+6 Speed to Tyrantrum. :) What kinda Pokemon make a good to perfect partner for Tyruntrum, iyo? :)

i'd just use rock polish for that, baton passing speed alone is imo not worth it while passing shell smash or shift gear is banned.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
i'd just use rock polish for that, baton passing speed alone is imo not worth it while passing shell smash or shift gear is banned.

I guess I wasn't thinking through: I thought that killer Attack stat can make use of a great Speed boost. {XD}

Just a sudden thought, we need a Rock-type Pokemon with Weavile's Attack and Speed. :) It would be great if Game Freak try to explore and invest more in Rock-type's Special Attack -- meaning introducing a hard hitting Special based Rock-type Pokemon. The Aurorus line and Carbink aren't enough for me. {XD}

Perhaps a Rock-type Pokemon with the capability of a Mega Gardevoir? :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I guess I wasn't thinking through: I thought that killer Attack stat can make use of a great Speed boost. {XD}

Just a sudden thought, we need a Rock-type Pokemon with Weavile's Attack and Speed. :) It would be great if Game Freak try to explore and invest more in Rock-type's Special Attack -- meaning introducing a hard hitting Special based Rock-type Pokemon. The Aurorus line and Carbink aren't enough for me. {XD}

Perhaps a Rock-type Pokemon with the capability of a Mega Gardevoir? :)

mega diancie can do that to an extent, it has mixed 160/160 stats and STAB diamond storm + moonblast, though special sets don't even use rock-type attacks iirc. a rock-type pokemon with weavile's attack and speed... we kinda have aerodactyl but that thing doesn't have tools like swords dance, ice shard or low kick.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
mega diancie can do that to an extent, it has mixed 160/160 stats and STAB diamond storm + moonblast, though special sets don't even use rock-type attacks iirc. a rock-type pokemon with weavile's attack and speed... we kinda have aerodactyl but that thing doesn't have tools like swords dance, ice shard or low kick.

Sorry, I totally forgot about Aerodactyl and the Archen line. Lol But yeah, they can be kind by giving them prioritize moves like Ice Shard. But it would be good if they have Solid Rock as one of their Abilities? Particularly the Archen line, so much wasted potential imo. But then they aren't that bulky enough for Solid Rock, maybe Gale Wings? The Archen line's dex entries kinda contrast Gale Wings though :(

As for Mega Diancie, she's good. But a non-event/legend won't hurt. :D As only limited of players have real access to a Diancie in-game, let alone Diancite. My friend has AS, but her 3DS can't connect with the internet, so....

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Kabutops

this guy has a rather interesting Rock/Water typing which lets it beat some water-types with its good attack stat and speed. It's also a fossil, which makes it more unique in this regard. Opinion on it?

Back