• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battlerock Galaxy!! - Rock-type Fan Club (ORIGINAL POST UPDATED)

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Tyranitar

1. Your experiences with Tyranitar?

Well, I've never used him in-game, but I have faced him on more than one occasion, and he is TOUGH to beat.

2. Its best attributes?

I think it's best attribute happens to be its ability, Sand Stream. The fact that it can get faster because of this makes it even more deadly.

3. What do you think of its design?

I personally love its design. I like how it looks like a dinosaur as well. I just think it should be a little shorter than it is, since the leap in height from Larvitar to Tyranitar seems a bit much

4. Best move it has?

For me, the best move it has is Stone Edge. Not only does it get 1.5 X for STAB (Same type attack bonus), but Stone Edge is also a very powerful move with a high critical-hit ratio at that. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
You thought I forgot about this?

Anyway... new topic: In comparison to the other types, would you say Rock is good?

I'd say that yes, largely due to Stealth Rock and Rock Polish, but also due to the impressive physical attack most rock-type Pokemon feature.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
i have to bump this AGAIN aaaaaaaaaaa

New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Rhyperior

My favourite Rock-type Pokemon is up for discussion now. Sporting a massive base 140 attack, great physical defense, a decent movepool and the ability Solid Rock to sponge some super-effective hits, Rhyperior can run a variety of sets to make its impact, including defensive, Rock Polish and Choice Band. Its downsides are that in-game you need to trade to get it, as well as a bad base Speed of 40 and two nasty quadruple weaknesses to Water and Grass. People seem to not like it due to the fact that it looks really different from its other pre-evolutions, forgetting that it evolves using a Protector and that this thing is made for battling.

1. Experiences with Rhyperior?
2. Thoughts on Rhyperior's design, especially when compared to its pre-evolutions?
3. Its best attributes?
4. Best move it has? (bar stealth rock...)

Also... #respect4rhyperior

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Username: DarkSkys
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Geodude & Onix (I know Brock)
Reasons for liking Rock-types: Comes from gen 2 Geodude vs. Whitneys Milktank.
Answer to current topic: Stealth Rock, if you have a Pokémon with Whilwind you can keep forcing the other team out. Though I think Rapid Spin can cancel it out.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: DarkSkys
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Geodude & Onix (I know Brock)
Reasons for liking Rock-types: Comes from gen 2 Geodude vs. Whitneys Milktank.
Answer to current topic: Stealth Rock, if you have a Pokémon with Whilwind you can keep forcing the other team out. Though I think Rapid Spin can cancel it out.

Hai there, welcome to the club. Indeed, Stealth Rock is probably the best move in competitive play, and Whirlwind abuses it to the fullest. And Brock is indeed cool!

DarkSkys

Years
2. Thoughts on Rhyperior's design, especially when compared to its pre-evolutions?

1. 1 time in a Double battle against a friend. Ran it with Focus Slash & Earthquake.
2. The design ain't bad, though I preferred Rydon over it. Rydon was the one from Gen 1 that was the first I had hit lvl 100.
4. Horn Drill, to me this is the best that can be on any of the horn Pokémon.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years

1. 1 time in a Double battle against a friend. Ran it with Focus Slash & Earthquake.
2. The design ain't bad, though I preferred Rydon over it. Rydon was the one from Gen 1 that was the first I had hit lvl 100.
4. Horn Drill, to me this is the best that can be on any of the horn Pokémon.

Horn Drill is indeed a cool move Rhyperior uses in Battle Spot, as smogon bans it lol. Have you ever tried Swords Dance or Rock Polish?

DarkSkys

Years
Horn Drill is indeed a cool move Rhyperior uses in Battle Spot, as smogon bans it lol. Have you ever tried Swords Dance or Rock Polish?
I don't battle under rules. Though running into a full team of Legendarys is annoying. As for the question, Rock Polish is more of my choice. I build mine with high HP, SP.Def & Def. I use Rock Polish for Speed and I don't usually use anything to boost the attack though Sword Dance could do it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I don't battle under rules. Though running into a full team of Legendarys is annoying. As for the question, Rock Polish is more of my choice. I build mine with high HP, SP.Def & Def. I use Rock Polish for Speed and I don't usually use anything to boost the attack though Sword Dance could do it.

Personally I use Anything Goes if I want a no-holds-barred match (no rules). The low ladder is absolute cancer xD

And I prefer Swords Dance, with Trick Room support. It can really mess up defensive cores once it gets a boost.

DarkSkys

Years
Personally I use Anything Goes if I want a no-holds-barred match (no rules). The low ladder is absolute cancer xD

And I prefer Swords Dance, with Trick Room support. It can really mess up defensive cores once it gets a boost.
Only problem would be facing a wall team. Then you'd ad to have something to break down that team.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Only problem would be facing a wall team. Then you'd ad to have something to break down that team.

At +2 there are very few targets Rhyperior can't break. I run Swords Dance, Earthquake, Stone Edge and Aqua Tail. Only mons like Skarmory can take a +2 Stone Edge and needs to be at 100%. (There's also Quagsire but that thing needs to hope for a burn as it can't OHKO). It can OHKO even Mega Sableye, which really is saying something.

DarkSkys

Years
At +2 there are very few targets Rhyperior can't break. I run Swords Dance, Earthquake, Stone Edge and Aqua Tail. Only mons like Skarmory can take a +2 Stone Edge and needs to be at 100%. (There's also Quagsire but that thing needs to hope for a burn as it can't OHKO). It can OHKO even Mega Sableye, which really is saying something.
You can say that there aren't any that it can't break. But depends on how you use it. I had a Jolteon in X./Y that Ground types couldn't beat. Consider I raised its Sp Def stat. I got called a hacker.

DarkSkys

Years
That means your opponent's ground-type was somewhere around level 50 and your Jolteon was level 100 LOL

anyway, what's your opinion on the current topic (Mega Diancie)?
Super Trained max Sp. Def

I don't use it, good design get moveset. But, I've gotten around to only using non-legendarys. Makes it a bit harder in picking what I want in a team. Though Fairy & Poison is in most of my teams. I did run a Sandstorm (Weather) team with Triantar and Golem.

R2J

Years
Username: R2J
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Onix
Reasons for liking Rock-types: Mostly due to the fact that some have evolved forms that are good for WiFi battles.
Answer to current topic: Legendary's usually end up a box for me. I don't use them at all.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: R2J
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon: Onix
Reasons for liking Rock-types: Mostly due to the fact that some have evolved forms that are good for WiFi battles.
Answer to current topic: Legendary's usually end up a box for me. I don't use them at all.

Hi there. You don't like legends? That's understandable due to their stats... regardless, have fun here.

Back