• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battlerock Galaxy!! - Rock-type Fan Club (ORIGINAL POST UPDATED)

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
New Topic: Create your own Rock-type move

Rock Tail
Power: 80
Accuracy: 90
Move Type: Physical
Pokemon that can generally use it: Onix, Steelix, Aggron, etc. (Any Rock type Pokemon that has a tail)
Short Description: This move does moderate damage to the opponent and then causes a Sandstorm to take over the battlefield as a secondary effect.

:)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Rocky Piledriver
Power: 90
Accuracy: 95
Move type: Physical
Pokemon that can generally use it: Tyranitar, Excadrill, Rhyperior, Carracosta
Short Description: Raises the user's Special Defense by one stage when used.

VillageofDragons

Years
Rocky Piledriver
Power: 90
Accuracy: 95
Move type: Physical
Pokemon that can generally use it: Tyranitar, Excadrill, Rhyperior, Carracosta
Short Description: Raises the user's Special Defense by one stage when used.

Looks like an interesting move, AmourPearlShipper. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Pokemon of the Week - Aurorus

Aurorus is a rock/ice-type pokemon with a decent Special Attack stat and the ability Snow Warning, which lets it shoot powerful Blizzards. It has decent bulk, but its typing is sadly very weird defensively.

What do you think?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Great. Nobody likes Aurorus.

New Topic: Was Geodude annoying? Did you catch one?

I personally never found them annoying, as I blasted them with grass-type moves. I did however catch one in a FireRed playthrough, where it evolved into Graveler and proved to be one of the key members of my team. With a Rock/Ground-typing, Golem gets an excellent offensive typing, but defensively it is a bit on the questionable side.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, I added a new theme song. It's Rocky Road to Dublin by the Dubliners. A classic Irish song, it does work well with Rock-types. Enjoy!

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: TwilightBlade
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon:
697MS.png
565MS.png
464MS.png
306MS.png
248MS.png
142MS.png

Reasons for liking Rock-types: I too was also drawn in to the Rock type because of the fossils. I loved receiving a fossil and seeing what it could become, and then trade for the opposite one with my brother. The Rock type is bulky and dependable. I've had most of these of my team (5 out of the 6 favorites I've listed). Although I've never raised a Tyrantrum besides to get its Pokedex data, I've bred hundreds of Tyrunt trying to obtain a shiny. I have three shinies and I really love its shiny form haha.

Was Geodude annoying? Did you catch one?
It's annoying in that my available attacks are usually Tackle or Scratch, and thus Geodude can be a tedious match especially when all trainers/hikers use one (or use 5 omg). I did not catch one in the 1st gen, but I did catch one in gen 2. I never evolved it into Golem, though. Maybe that would have helped as I ditched it around level 25. It was great against Whitney's Miltank.

The only thing I like about it is its cry, and that's when I hear it every once in a while. I couldn't stand having it in my team, so I never used it outside of training one for the Pokedex data. It's pre-evo is pretty cute, though.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: TwilightBlade
Favourite Rock-type Pokemon:
697MS.png
565MS.png
464MS.png
306MS.png
248MS.png
142MS.png

Reasons for liking Rock-types: I too was also drawn in to the Rock type because of the fossils. I loved receiving a fossil and seeing what it could become, and then trade for the opposite one with my brother. The Rock type is bulky and dependable. I've had most of these of my team (5 out of the 6 favorites I've listed). Although I've never raised a Tyrantrum besides to get its Pokedex data, I've bred hundreds of Tyrunt trying to obtain a shiny. I have three shinies and I really love its shiny form haha.

Was Geodude annoying? Did you catch one?
It's annoying in that my available attacks are usually Tackle or Scratch, and thus Geodude can be a tedious match especially when all trainers/hikers use one (or use 5 omg). I did not catch one in the 1st gen, but I did catch one in gen 2. I never evolved it into Golem, though. Maybe that would have helped as I ditched it around level 25. It was great against Whitney's Miltank.

The only thing I like about it is its cry, and that's when I hear it every once in a while. I couldn't stand having it in my team, so I never used it outside of training one for the Pokedex data. It's pre-evo is pretty cute, though.

Welcome to the club. Yeah Aurorus has a pretty cool cry, but is frankly, quite hard to use due to its defensive typing.

(btw you can only choose one Pokemon, so I took the random chooser and the winner was Carracosta.)

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome to the club. Yeah Aurorus has a pretty cool cry, but is frankly, quite hard to use due to its defensive typing.

(btw you can only choose one Pokemon, so I took the random chooser and the winner was Carracosta.)
I listed my favorites, but could the first one (Tyrantrum) be my partner? :D

I wanted to breed for a shiny Amaura, but I dunno if it was worth it. Not even Refrigerate Hyper Beam is redeeming because it's so slow. :(

VillageofDragons

Years
Pokemon of the Week: Aurorus

I liked Aurorus as a Pokemon when it was introduced at the start of generation six, but sadly it's typing seriously turns me off, and the fact that the Anime made it so sad when the group encountered one doesn't help redeem it. Especially since it basically means there's no way Ash or any of his friends could obtain one.

New Topic: Was Geodude annoying? Did you catch one?

I personally never found Geodude annoying. It's just more a push over Pokemon IMO and you basically see it in EVERY CAVE in the Pokemon games which doesn't help. I think I've only caught a couple in the history of playing Pokemon, and never took the time nor cared to raise it into a Golem. I started Pokemon with Diamond and had Chimchar as my very first Pokemon, so the random hikers weren't a nuisance as my Chimchar was a Monferno and could easily one or two hit them with Mach Punch. If you're using a Pokemon with only normal type moves against them though, it can become VERY annoying, VERY fast.

VillageofDragons

Years
Yeah Geodude can be annoying in FRLG especially if you have Charmander.

Now that I can see. I've never used Charmander from the get go as a starter though, so I wouldn't know. But I can only imagine how annoying it is, unless you evolve it and it learns Dragon Rage. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Charmeleon dealing 40 dmg to those Geodudes is indeed a nice way to get rid of them. There's also Metal Claw which deals decent damage, even though it's a physical move.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Charmander's line can learn Metal Claw?? Didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. :)

Yeah it's nice to see how even Charmander has a tool against Rock-types in case you don't have Bulbasaur or Squirtle. The only problem is that it's a physical move, which will probably 3HKO (beat in 3 hits) mons such as Geodude and Brock's Onix.

Also, updated the theme song. Rocky Road to Dublin seems really weird, so the new theme song is We Will Rock You by Queen.

@TwilightBlade I added all of your Pokemon.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

Years
Yeah it's nice to see how even Charmander has a tool against Rock-types in case you don't have Bulbasaur or Squirtle. The only problem is that it's a physical move, which will probably 3HKO (beat in 3 hits) mons such as Geodude and Brock's Onix.

Also, updated the theme song. Rocky Road to Dublin seems really weird, so the new theme song is We Will Rock You by Queen.

Aha, love the song change too. We will ROCK you ;)

TwilightBlade

Years

I loved that addition in FireRed because it made it easier when I played using Charmander. I remember my brother having a difficult time in RBY because of it.

Thanks for adding all of my favs. :D I love that song by Queen. Rock types rock! I have a topic for everyone:
What would your Rock type team be against the Elite 4? If you had to solo it, which one would you choose?
My team would be the 6 I showed, but I'm wondering who your all-stars would be.
As for a solo run, I would pick Aerodactyl. It's insanely fast, and it's attack is no laughing matter. So, it would be able to decimate most opponents that lack a priority move. Stone Edge / Earthquake / Dragon Claw would easily take care of 3/4th of the Kalos E4. It has access to Thunder Fang to deal with Water types, but STAB Stone Edge would carry more power anyway.

VillageofDragons

Years
I loved that addition in FireRed because it made it easier when I played using Charmander. I remember my brother having a difficult time in RBY because of it.

Thanks for adding all of my favs. :D I love that song by Queen. Rock types rock! I have a topic for everyone:
What would your Rock type team be against the Elite 4? If you had to solo it, which one would you choose?
My team would be the 6 I showed, but I'm wondering who your all-stars would be.
As for a solo run, I would pick Aerodactyl. It's insanely fast, and it's attack is no laughing matter. So, it would be able to decimate most opponents that lack a priority move. Stone Edge / Earthquake / Dragon Claw would easily take care of 3/4th of the Kalos E4. It has access to Thunder Fang to deal with Water types, but STAB Stone Edge would carry more power anyway.

For a team of six I would have Aerodactly, Aggron, Onix, Probopass, Cradily, and Barbaracle against the Elite Four. I'd have type advantage against the water guy thanks to Cradily, as well as against the fire girl thanks to Barbaracle. I could also take down the dragon elite four with dragon-type moves from Aerodactly and Aggron (Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail), and could take down the steel type guy with moves from Onix and Probopass (Earthquake, Dig)

If I had to solo it though..... I'd have to pick Aggron, and then mega evolve him in each match so he could do some serious damage against each opponent. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years

1. I'd try Aero, Tyranitar, Rhyperior, Kabutops, Cradily and Aggron.
2. Tyranitar.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
New topic: Pokemon of the Week - Tyranitar

Tyranitar is widely regarded as the best Rock-type Pokemon to exist. With its sky-high defenses, a huge movepool, a great Attack stat and a usable Special Attack, plus Sand Stream, this guy is extremely dangerous on the battlefield. It also has a badass design, don't you think so?

1. Your experiences with Tyranitar?
2. Its best attributes?
3. What do you think of its design?
4. Best move it has?

(credits to VoD for the idea btw)

Back