• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
  • Adventure, I know you're (probably, I forgot...) on vacation, but was there a post about Mt. Moon, or is that at another time?

Also, if anyone wants, I'm up for a joint post.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yep, I'll get one up on monday the earliest. Because currently I'm abroad without a computer :3

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Route 3 post went up earlier, forgot to post here lol. I'll check Back Monday, which funningly enough will probably be around the time I finish Alpha Saphire which arrived a little while ago.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • So it looks like Rainflower hasn't been on since the 1st of December. Hm, hey, Logical, what do you wanna do? I don't mind waiting for a few days more at least, considering I'm in the middle of finals myself (that and I took my time with my reply too and all), but if we don't hear anything from her soon even OOC-wise, should we just continue?

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • I want to be a part of this game. The beginning of your game description says you aren't taking any new players. But half way through the app you also say you'll take new players whenever. I'm just posting this hoping the second is true.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • So it looks like Rainflower hasn't been on since the 1st of December. Hm, hey, Logical, what do you wanna do? I don't mind waiting for a few days more at least, considering I'm in the middle of finals myself (that and I took my time with my reply too and all), but if we don't hear anything from her soon even OOC-wise, should we just continue?

Yeah, I actually have my finals this week, so I can afford waiting :/ I guess just four more days at the most.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I went ahead and put up the JP between me and NyxShooter. I want to get moving, I haven't eve challenged the gym yet. I'm not so good at formatting and Nyx put some formatting code on it and I messed some up, so parts of it looks funny. But it's all there.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm back in my homeland now and will get things sorted and updated tomorrow. Thanks for bearing with this GM's lil holiday trip :3

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Welcome back, how was your trip?

I added Keia's gym battle to the tail end of that JP.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Posted :) It's pretty short, but it does show Damien's slightly arrogant side O.o

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • Adventure, I enjoy the possibilities that your story provides and would like to join despite applications being closed. I noticed that you have 18 participants, but some are less active and I would like to fill their spot.
    To everyone else, I developed this character before reading how far everyone has come in the storyline. I noticed the pikachu a/ the gnarly scar and headband matched my character pretty well in their style. Like weirdly well. So I was wondering, if Adventure accepts my character app, if I could catch the pikachu.

And back to adventure, here's my app

Yisan Cirque Joy
    Hometown: goldenrod city
    20y/o
    Male--> like girls
    Inventory:
    10 pokeballs
    1premier ball
    4 great balls
    Athletic tape
    lyre
    An extra pair of socks
    "Trinkets"

Strengths and weaknesses:
    Yisan is an excellent friend once you get to know him, he would put his life on the line for his friends.
    Yisan doesn't talk much, and won't say the first word, which often makes it hard for him to make human friends since they are intimidated by his scars and often won't approach him first either.

Yisan wears a maroon, leather tunic, not shirt, with matching chaps, not pants. He is blind in his left eye and has it covered with a brown leather bandana. His hair is long, brown, and often tied into a man-bun just behind the top if his head. He stands 5'11" and weighs an athletic 190lbs.
    If a person Yisan's age were to describe their first impression of Yisan they would say he is an intimidating person and probably make a big deal about the scar that shows from under the left side of his bandana coming from his eye, jagged, long and shiny.
    If you asked Yisan to describe himself he might smile and tell you about the time he spent reading smushed into Larry's rough fur or about running through the trees trying to keep up w/ the friendly pokemon that live around his aunts house. But he wouldn't tell you about the crash that left only a few survivors that killed his parents or his desire to discover all of life's secrets because he doesn't really understand that's what he wants yet.

Yisan's parents died in the monorail accident he lost his left eye's sight in when he was 10 years old. The monorail crashed within miles of its destination and Yisan was patched up by the local nurse Joy, his aunt. She cared for him until Yisan turned 12 and left his aunts house to "experience the world." As he put it. His aunt is very nice and he still visits her, often bringing home interesting foods and trinkets from his travels as gifts to her and slaking.

On his first outing Yisan experienced a small, exceptional flock of zubat save him from a larvitar he accidentally bothered. They poisoned it, confused it, and distracted it until it fainted from its poison and from injuring itself. Yisan captured the larvitar in a greatball to save its life and, enthralled by the zubat's strategy stayed w/ them in the cave for many weeks learning that the best way to win a battle is through diversions, status afflictions and team work. Yisan also learned about eating in the wild from the zubat and larvitar.
    When Yisan decided it was time to leave the cave w/ his new friend, larvitar he was saying goodbye to the interesting flock of zubat and one of them left the flock to join him in his journey to discover life and all of its beautiful evils.

Larvitar -black w/ red secondary- Tarasque or Tar
    Male
    Quiet
    Sand veil
    Moveset
    Rock throw
    Tackle
    Bite
    Sandstorm

Yisan caught Tarasque and nursed him back to health after Croatoa and his flock saved Yisan from Tar.

Zubat -- Croatoa or Crow
    Male
    Bold
    Inner focus
    Moveset
    Venom drench
    Confuse ray
    Agility

Croatoa wants to discover life so he joined Yisan and Ral on their journey.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • @GoldenHouou, Logical

OMG I'm sorry that I haven't been on for a while! I had my finals earlier but I'm already done as for now :] Sorry that it will took a little while longer, it's sort of hard when your native language is not English and only had few experiences of roleplaying in English. Sorry again and thank you for your patience >< You can continue first if you want to!

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • @H3115r3p3ntanc3: Sorry mate, I kinda already started to make plans on how to capture the Pikachu and how the relationship between it, Sigur and Bál's gonna be like and all.

Not to mention, I'm not sure if you'll be accepted. I'm not Adventure, but generally you can't just join a closed rp by jumping in with a "I want to join even if its closed" - especially when there are other people (who actually asked first) waiting to get in before you.

@Rainflower: No sweat, glad to hear from you! I can wait for you to finish your post, no problem. We should also probably figure out what to do now. Split ways to challenge the Gym? I'm planning to have Sigur be alone at least a few posts from now to catch the Pikachu, but they can always meet again later. I'm cool with whatever, though!

Also, for the record, my native language isn't English either 8P Whoo, ESL club.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • @GoldenHouou + Rainflower

Would you look at that? Over time, I got better at English but it's not my first language at all :)

Frankly afterwards I plan on having Vernita go to the Pokemon Center to recover a bit, and then do the gym battle. After all, she is excited to begin exploring the grand region of Kanto!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen today
    @GoldenHouou, Logical

OMG I'm sorry that I haven't been on for a while! I had my finals earlier but I'm already done as for now :] Sorry that it will took a little while longer, it's sort of hard when your native language is not English and only had few experiences of roleplaying in English. Sorry again and thank you for your patience >< You can continue first if you want to!

@Rainflower

I understand you. My native language is not english.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey guys, I saw that the Signups were closed but I just wanted to show my interest anyway. I noticed that Adventure mentioned that alot of players were fun to have, so I was hoping you'd consider having one more :) Anyway , if not, I understand.

I'd like to share my interest in this as well. I haven't found an open RP that interests me yet, but some of these full ones look very promising! Guess I picked a bad time to join the forums, relatively speaking. >.<
    You know what? Since me and some others are really slow posters, I don't think it hurts to let a couple of more players in. So, Medic and Yamagi - feel free to post your SUs! Note that you will be starting in Pewter City like everyone else.

Delta captured a Shinx!

I did not think that having a move with a type-advantage would still not make this battle easier. Anyway, I posted my gym battle now! :)
    Congratulations! Jordan deserves the Boulder Badge!

Okay, finished my post about Danica's battle for the Boulder Badge. By golly, it was a long one xD
    Very nice tactics!

Congratulations! Danica deserves the boulder badge!

Welcome back, how was your trip?

I added Keia's gym battle to the tail end of that JP.
    Trip was great! I even got to meet up and have lunch and beer with some PC friends :3

Regarding the gym battle, you are not supposed to decide the outcome. You can either do the "dust cloud" trick others have used or make the last two pokemon faint at once or simply end your post before the last attack(s) hit. This time, I was going to let you win anyways though ;)

Congratulations! Keia deserves the Boulder Badge!

Posted Lilliana's gym battle
    Congratulations! Lilliana deserves the Boulder Badge!

GoldenHouou said:
    Also, for the record, my native language isn't English either 8P Whoo, ESL club.
    Mine isn't either! *joins club*

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Aww... I like clubs but my first language is English although I speak Italian, German, Unknown, and Dovah...

and yay Shinx! Will you post a mount moon bit, I'm thinking of doing a trainer battle on route 3, but then it's off to the caves we go! (I hinted at team Rocket there in my JP with Sylveon, that's okay right?)

Back